I will never poke fun at X1 & 720p ever again.

#21Garage_ManPosted 4/9/2014 12:38:17 AM
alexismynamexx posted...
Garage_Man posted...
Listen I'm next in line about arguing over pixels and how it doesn't make the game better really but to flat out deny physics is kinda biased. If they are the same size then the 1080p set has better texture details...period.

It's quite possibly that the 720p tv looks better, could be more accurate, have less lag, different panel type but to say it's because of pixels is childish.

Personally I take quality > quantity. I'd rather have a color accurate 720 than non 1080 the same as I'd rather have really flat speakers that are quiet than crappy sounding ones that get loud.

Nothing to do with textures bro, simply jaggies. If he's playing from a distance on both 42" tvs, I don't expect him to notice a difference in resolution.

Now if he put his face to the screens he would notice a difference, but who games like that with a console?....

You know as well as I do you can't spew out them lies! Where do you think details in games come from in the end? Magical fairies? Pixels people pixels! While they don't really matter to making a game good or not they directly control the level of perceived details.

Tell me on a 10x10 pixel display how accurately can you say mimic wood, the pours and the little details. How about 400x400, 1000x1000...2000x2000. Why do megapixels add finer details IF you have the optics for it?

TLDR yea jaggies this blah blab that but details is related to pixels pure and simple. Without more we'd be stuck with games with the ps1 level of details. There would be ZERO sense in pushing more polygons on the screen as you wouldn't be able to see a difference.

Go look at a good 4k TV sometime. Put it aside a 1080...stand 5 feet away, 10 Heck 20, the difference is amazing.
#22jairusmonillasPosted 4/9/2014 1:13:24 AM
http://www.thehdstandard.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/720p-vs-1080p.png

nuff said.
---
PS4 GPU: 1152 GCN, 2.00 TFLOPS, 72 TMUs, 32 ROPs, 8GB GDDR5
XB1 GPU :: 768 GCN, 1.31 TFLOPS, 48 TMUs, 16 ROPs, 8GB DDR3+eSRAM
#23JdciPosted 4/9/2014 1:23:07 AM
xboner_720p posted...
The human eye can't even tell the difference between 1080p and 720p. Buying a 1080p television is completely useless.

I've seen you post this two times now, you don't really believe this right?
Keeping anything X1 out of this statement, you really can't believe this right?
---
"Anyway, my favourite ball is my right one, as my left is still tender from my infamous waterslide incident :P" --Slartibartfast42
#24MightyMunaPosted 4/9/2014 1:24:38 AM
I ain't buying what you're selling. Absolute horse s***.

1080p looks a lot sharper than 720p. I think you need to consult your optometrist/oculist as soon as possible.
#25ZerabpPosted 4/9/2014 1:59:05 AM(edited)
Xbox360 on 1080p tv = Upscaling an upscaled image
Ps4 on 720p = Downscaled 1080p image

What this means TC is that yes the PS4 will look better in 720p than the 360/PS3 on a 1080p screen

What you need to do is have 2 ps4s, one on a your 1080p, one on your 720p.

You will notice the difference within 8ft on any screen 30" and up.
---
XBL Gamertag:SentinelZ PSnetwork ID: SentinelZ
"Bloody wars are easier to survive than idiots with ballots. " Neal Boortz
#26LapanuiPosted 4/9/2014 2:03:08 AM
I think people make such a big deal out of resolution and the frame rate is because of the media. If a developer didn't announce what resolution or frame rate their game ran at, people probably wouldn't even care.

Like lately, The Crew runs at the same resolution and frame rate on both consoles. I don't think anyone really cares, because they are the same. If one were to be higher than the other, the inferior version would get bashed along with the console it is on.

Games aren't about graphics, resolution or frame rate. It's nice to know that your game is going to be running smoothly, but if you weren't given these details, you wouldn't really care.
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#27UsabellPosted 4/9/2014 2:15:24 AM
Now go and get a HDMI equipped HD CRT TV, which would be the next step upward in image quality for any 720p console. At least if it runs in stable 60 FPS, the motion will be much smoother on the CRT.
---
Consoles shouldn't be about 480p, 720p, 1080p or the prettiest slideshow.
They are about a magical box that outputs wonderful streams of 60 images per second.
#28hyjinx17Posted 4/9/2014 2:19:23 AM
If it honestly looked better on the 720p tv there is something wrong with your 1080p tv. Hope you got the warrenty
---
3DS friend code:3883-5502-4640 IGN:Zero
#29dnmtPosted 4/9/2014 2:26:10 AM
Lapanui posted...
I think people make such a big deal out of resolution and the frame rate is because of the media. If a developer didn't announce what resolution or frame rate their game ran at, people probably wouldn't even care.

Like lately, The Crew runs at the same resolution and frame rate on both consoles. I don't think anyone really cares, because they are the same. If one were to be higher than the other, the inferior version would get bashed along with the console it is on.

Games aren't about graphics, resolution or frame rate. It's nice to know that your game is going to be running smoothly, but if you weren't given these details, you wouldn't really care.

Going by your logic we would all still be playing on PS2, SNES or what have you. Graphics are a part of progress and we should all expect more from a new machine, doubly so when the last generation lasted so long.
#30SnuffSevenfoldXPosted 4/9/2014 2:33:24 AM
lllPride posted...
Erm, sorry. Both are 42 inches.

Lol you wish
---
http://gentlemanadventurer.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/batman-never-ends.png