Purpose of Console "Trolling"

#1PorousRatPosted 4/9/2014 12:05:27 AM
I'm not sure I understand how this works.......and i'm not being sarcastic.

So essentially, people own either the PS4 or Xbox One and have such brand loyalty that they genuinely enjoy attacking the other console (and often times owners of that console) and spending time spreading hate online?

OR do they do it just for "lols" to laugh at the people who get riled up and defend the opposing console........
like, what is the point? Is it fun for some people to be like "hehe I'ma get some people riled up online and see their reaction", or do they more often than not feel SO in love with their console and so much that the opposing one is garbage that they just NEED to make it be known.

(note: I've been lurking these boards for years, but rarely post. I've just never understood how/why in the world anyone would spend precious time out of their day making "troll" type posts)
#2KOOGARPosted 4/9/2014 12:06:57 AM
you are trolling
---
Don't read this - it hurts your eyes.
#3xboner_720pPosted 4/9/2014 12:07:19 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4PorousRat(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2014 12:10:38 AM
KOOGAR posted...
you are trolling

No.........?
#5xnoelzPosted 4/9/2014 12:17:09 AM
PorousRat posted...
KOOGAR posted...
you are trolling

No.........?

Yes
---
"...There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every f***ing time."
#6PorousRat(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2014 12:21:14 AM
I really don't mean to troll.....I own an Xbox One and plan on getting a PS4 (I WANT INFAMOUS!!!!), think both consoles are great, and have never bad mouthed a game or console as I see it as pointless.

Just was looking for an answer as to why people like this Xboner clown post these annoying troll topics......
#7NordiniPosted 4/9/2014 12:23:22 AM
To seriously answer your question,

It's to get people riled up and laugh at their reaction. I do it all the time, and it's always worth it. It shows you how stupid people are.
---
Gentlemen understand that embezzlement, insider trading, tax fraud, and similar activities are not crimes. Crimes are committed by poor people and involve guns.
#8BingSanpaoPosted 4/9/2014 12:24:09 AM
it's mostly for the lulz but some rare cases are genuine.
#9KOOGARPosted 4/9/2014 12:26:46 AM
If you really want to know about trolling ask the user xboner_720p, he's doing the job wonderful.
---
Don't read this - it hurts your eyes.
#10alexismynamexxPosted 4/9/2014 12:27:38 AM
Because most forum users are bed ridden sociopaths that derive enjoyment from the frustration and anger of others.