Purpose of Console "Trolling"

#11PorousRat(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2014 1:28:04 AM
Ah gotcha. Exactly an answer I was looking for.

Makes sense if it's to laugh at people's reaction, as some of these troll topics are amusing. I just never got the "point" until now. Thanks Nordini and BingSanpao for answering and not just strangely saying I was trolling haha.
#12PorousRat(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2014 1:30:09 AM
and yeah Kogar seriously this Xboner dude is a clown, I just picture him or her in their parents basement desperately trying to get a rise from someone on this board.

Go get laid Xboner_720, it's a much better use of your time
#1395_EclipsePosted 4/9/2014 2:10:43 AM
Nordini posted...
To seriously answer your question,

It's to get people riled up and laugh at their reaction. I do it all the time, and it's always worth it. It shows you how stupid people are.

Wow, talk about bitter.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#1495_EclipsePosted 4/9/2014 2:11:54 AM
xboner_720p posted...
All of the Sony trolls keep coming on here because they have no games to play.

So why are you here?
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#15Miiri0Posted 4/9/2014 3:24:06 AM
PorousRat posted...
I'm not sure I understand how this works.......and i'm not being sarcastic.

So essentially, people own either the PS4 or Xbox One and have such brand loyalty that they genuinely enjoy attacking the other console (and often times owners of that console) and spending time spreading hate online?

OR do they do it just for "lols" to laugh at the people who get riled up and defend the opposing console........
like, what is the point? Is it fun for some people to be like "hehe I'ma get some people riled up online and see their reaction", or do they more often than not feel SO in love with their console and so much that the opposing one is garbage that they just NEED to make it be known.

(note: I've been lurking these boards for years, but rarely post. I've just never understood how/why in the world anyone would spend precious time out of their day making "troll" type posts)

I dont understand it either. Even troll label confused me. I mean people have their own mind. They are different from one another. Why upset when people dont agree with you or hate thing that you like? Its silly. Gamefaqs even have ignore function. Why dont use that instead of getting rile up over someone who has different opinion to you. Are people are so weak that different opinion simply kill them inside out. WOW.
#16LLSJ3BROLYPosted 4/9/2014 3:32:07 AM(edited)
alexismynamexx posted...
Because most forum users are bed ridden sociopaths that derive enjoyment from the frustration and anger of others.

My cover has been blown, abort the mission fanboys.
---
(PSN: QuietTaste) (XBL: QuietTaste)
PS2, PS3, PS4, XBOX, XBOX360, Wii & PSP(6.39 PRO-B8)
#17ShELbY_GT500Posted 4/9/2014 3:37:26 AM
Nordini posted...

It's to get people riled up and laugh at their reaction. I do it all the time, and it's always worth it. It shows you how stupid people are.

But in reality you're even worse of a person because it shows your lack of maturity, especially if "it's worth it". Trolling doesn't effect me but I think it is sad that people actually troll for enjoyment when there is so many other things that you can do to have fun, like actually playing video games. But hey I've always had the opinion that trolls just generally suck at life, hence why they get their kicks out of getting people angry.
---
GameFAQs mods are dumber than dog s***
#18NO2_FiendPosted 4/9/2014 3:38:40 AM
PorousRat posted...
they do it just for "lols" to laugh at the people who get riled up

This.

In trolling there is no loyalty and most trolls will even troll things they like themselves... in fact it's easier to do so because in general you'll know more about the subject and have more ammunition for action.
---
I can't believe I've been here this long....
#19jZangetsu21Posted 4/9/2014 3:46:00 AM
KOOGAR posted...
If you really want to know about trolling ask the user xboner_720p, he's doing the job wonderful.

I don't think he's doing that good of a job, he's using the only response that Xbox trolls have been using for months now and it's getting old. Same with the PS4 trolls, their only comeback is about the resolution of the X1.
---
i5 3570k*8gb DDR3 1600Mhz*GTX 780* PC, Console, Handheld, Mobile, whatever, I love games ^^
EU PSN: jZangetsu21
#20ThatLaoGuyPosted 4/9/2014 5:19:47 AM
Nordini posted...

This man nailed it. It's nothing about fanboyism and loyalty. It's a lot more fun seeing people nerd rage at an obvious troll
---
If you want to see grown men online throw tantrums, visit the xbone board.