no, it's completely unnecessary
52.25% (116 votes)
This poll is now closed.
don't like it
---
You either die a Chespin or live long enough to become Quilladin. - . -
3DS FC: 3351 - 4223 - 6174 ign: Paul, Shiny value 689
#2PorousRatPosted 4/9/2014 12:36:39 AM
I think the motion controls and gestures leave a lot to be desired, but as long as your room is relatively quiet and you're not super far from your Kinect the voice controls seem to work 90% of the time.

This and things like Skype integration (useful for a lot of people including me), twitch streaming, auto sign in, etc. all make it worth worthwhile for me though.

Kinect > No Kinect IMO, not like it detracts from anything. I'm all for it.
#31nternationa7Posted 4/9/2014 12:36:57 AM
Like everything else that Microsoft does, it's a half-assed effort. Not even close to realizing the expectations of consumers.
---
Version 1 of My Movelist for Lords of Shadow 2: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/672716-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2/68667781
#4dnmtPosted 4/9/2014 12:38:50 AM
PorousRat posted...
I think the motion controls and gestures leave a lot to be desired, but as long as your room is relatively quiet and you're not super far from your Kinect the voice controls seem to work 90% of the time.

This and things like Skype integration (useful for a lot of people including me), twitch streaming, auto sign in, etc. all make it worth worthwhile for me though.

So given the option to purchase it separately for, say, $100 you think you'd do it instead of getting just the Xbone for $400?
#5PorousRatPosted 4/9/2014 12:43:20 AM
dnmt posted...
PorousRat posted...

So given the option to purchase it separately for, say, $100 you think you'd do it instead of getting just the Xbone for $400?

Honestly....probably not, no. Maybe as an add on accessory for $50. But since every console comes with it (which I think isn't necessary, but I don't call the shots) I might as well use it as often as I can and appreciate it for what it is.

If I had it my way, Microsoft would just release two various of the console. With Kinect and without. Cheaper price to be more competitive with PS4 for hardcore games who have the "kinect sucks what a joke SPY BOX OMG NSA IS GONNA RECORD MY EVERY ACTION" mentality, and a higher SKU for people with a little extra cash who actually could use all the cool little features of the Kinect
#6KOOGARPosted 4/9/2014 12:49:35 AM
Yes, I love Kinect.

It gives gamers boycotting the Xbone something to laugh at, very often.
---
Don't read this - it hurts your eyes.
#7Homie_202Posted 4/9/2014 12:56:11 AM
No I hate the Kinect. Honestly IMO MS needs to stop and think. There are tons of people who refuse to buy an xbox one while it has the Kinect. Is it more important to get the Kinect into everyones homes? Or is it more important to get more consoles into people homes? Personally I think the latter.

I worked at a gamestop for over 3 years I quit in the middle of January and I had TONS of customers who said they refused to buy a xbox until they dropped the Kinect. And all of my friends are the same way. They don't think they should pay for something they have no desire to use and I agree. My Kinect isn't even hooked up because I have no use for it. I have no interest in the games it has to offer. I have no interest in waving my arms around like a jerk. and I have no interest in talking to my xbox. The thing is just a $100 paperweight IMO.
#8InterzoneMantraPosted 4/9/2014 12:56:40 AM
I love kinnect as a pc device. It helped me a lot when making animations. Don't like it for gaming though. But it's a neat piece of hardware.
#9jekyllPosted 4/9/2014 3:48:50 AM
It's worth it just for watching TV. Telling it what channel to go to when you don't know the cable/satellite number offhand is a godsend.
---
CloudMir on Xbox One/360 and PS3
#10NeoMonkPosted 4/9/2014 3:49:38 AM
I would like it if it gave me a reason to be plugged in or even owned.
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator