Watchdogs DLC leaked over a month before release? Wow Ubi$oft.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Watchdogs DLC leaked over a month before release? Wow Ubi$oft.
1 year ago#1
I understand there was going to be a season pass for this game, but to already have material of what you're adding to the game as dlc before the games release, that is SO cheap...

http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/04/09/watch-dogs-season-pass-includes-new-character-and-missions?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social
---
Consoles Wars, where everyone is an expert Software/ Hardware Engineer, Marketing Analyst, Shareholder, Sales Rep, Lawyer and CEO of large corporations.
1 year ago#2
Devs are reselling old games for full price by porting them, and you're surprised that Ubi wants to cash in on stupid people?
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
1 year ago#3
Not buying it anyways. I wanted it back in November but all of these delays have caused me to lose interest.
1 year ago#4
At the rate of Ubisoft's delays, the dlc will be out before the main game.
---
Version 1 of My Movelist for Lords of Shadow 2: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/672716-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2/68667781
1 year ago#5
Graphical downgrades, playstation only content and dlc made before the full game's release with a season pass leak. What's next?
---
Consoles Wars, where everyone is an expert Software/ Hardware Engineer, Marketing Analyst, Shareholder, Sales Rep, Lawyer and CEO of large corporations.
1 year ago#6
Most games and devs do this. Chances are they are mostly done with the full game and have already started on the DLC. Honestly I am not sure why you are surprised by this. That's what companies do in order to sell a season pass. They have to allow the consumer to know what is to be expected from the season pass. Chances are they are in the very early stages of developing the DLC but probably already have all the DLC laid out.
1 year ago#7
'Next Generation'

...Of penny pinching.
1 year ago#8
Homie_202 posted...
Most games and devs do this. Chances are they are mostly done with the full game and have already started on the DLC. Honestly I am not sure why you are surprised by this. That's what companies do in order to sell a season pass. They have to allow the consumer to know what is to be expected from the season pass. Chances are they are in the very early stages of developing the DLC but probably already have all the DLC laid out.

What's the point though? why not put a code in the game for everyone that buys it brand new, so they can access the DLC for free, as they have already supported the Dev/ Publisher and then people that buy the game preowned can pay for the DLC if they see fit instead of having to pay for content you should be already entitled to if you buy brand new.
---
1 year ago#9
Seems to be common practice. A lot of games hold things back to sell later as DLC.
---
GT: JamesBolton0723
1 year ago#10
Jedi454 posted...
Homie_202 posted...

What's the point though? why not put a code in the game for everyone that buys it brand new, so they can access the DLC for free, as they have already supported the Dev/ Publisher and then people that buy the game preowned can pay for the DLC if they see fit instead of having to pay for content you should be already entitled to if you buy brand new.

People would get more up in arms about that then buying DLC. This isn't anything new. Companies have been talking about DLC for games that aren't out for years. As I recall borderlands 2 did the same thing. It doesn't mean its coming out anytime soon. If it was launch day DLC I could see people getting upset. For all we know though they may only have a story down for the DLC or they may only know that its going to feature a new character. That article doesn't say much. Just about every game in recent years that is going to have DLC has a season pass announced around this close to the launch of the game.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Watchdogs DLC leaked over a month before release? Wow Ubi$oft.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived