Watchdogs DLC leaked over a month before release? Wow Ubi$oft.

#11SoulTrapperPosted 4/9/2014 2:15:43 AM
Jedi454 posted...

What's the point though? why not put a code in the game for everyone that buys it brand new, so they can access the DLC for free, as they have already supported the Dev/ Publisher and then people that buy the game preowned can pay for the DLC if they see fit instead of having to pay for content you should be already entitled to if you buy brand new.

This would make much more sense.

Instead of complaining about second hand sales and implementing DRM that only punishes people, include stuff like this for people who buy it new and give people incentive to actually buy your product?

With stuff like this and the BS in The Crew, I'm done with Ubisoft.
#12Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2014 2:43:33 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
Jedi454 posted...

What's the point though? why not put a code in the game for everyone that buys it brand new, so they can access the DLC for free, as they have already supported the Dev/ Publisher and then people that buy the game preowned can pay for the DLC if they see fit instead of having to pay for content you should be already entitled to if you buy brand new.

Instead of complaining about second hand sales and implementing DRM that only punishes people, include stuff like this for people who buy it new and give people incentive to actually buy your product?

Assassins Creed 2 was probably the best Ubisoft game I have ever played and how much DLC or/ and micro transactions did it feature? 0.

It is one of their highest rated titles, has plenty of content and a commercial success for the AC series, but they've lost the complete plot now.
---
Consoles Wars, where everyone is an expert Software/ Hardware Engineer, Marketing Analyst, Shareholder, Sales Rep, Lawyer and CEO of large corporations.
#13SoulTrapperPosted 4/9/2014 3:08:53 AM
Jedi454 posted...

Assassins Creed 2 was probably the best Ubisoft game I have ever played and how much DLC or/ and micro transactions did it feature? 0.

It is one of their highest rated titles, has plenty of content and a commercial success for the AC series, but they've lost the complete plot now.

They see EA and Capcom doing this sort of crap and suddenly this is an acceptable way of doing business.
There are even people defending this already saying it's "common practice", even though it really isn't and it really shouldn't be.

Publishers and developers need to learn to re-appreciate their consumers again, that they should be grateful people want to buy their games instead of seemingly asking people to thank them for making them.

Unfortunately, most people simply don't seem to care.
#14Tyronelio1Posted 4/9/2014 3:16:20 AM
Yes no one complain when dark souls 1 dlc was released as it was stuff already in the game and it was released free from software said no dlc. >.>
#15Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2014 3:19:21 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
Jedi454 posted...

They see EA and Capcom doing this sort of crap and suddenly this is an acceptable way of doing business.
There are even people defending this already saying it's "common practice", even though it really isn't and it really shouldn't be.

Publishers and developers need to learn to re-appreciate their consumers again, that they should be grateful people want to buy their games instead of seemingly asking people to thank them for making them.

Unfortunately, most people simply don't seem to care.

The DLC trend was fine, but now it's just being abused. I don't mind one or two DLC for a game if they're exceptional and good valued for the game, but it's taken to the next level with on disc DLC, half fast DLC made to generate a quick buck. Titanfall Collectors Edition doesn't even come with a season pass.
---
Consoles Wars, where everyone is an expert Software/ Hardware Engineer, Marketing Analyst, Shareholder, Sales Rep, Lawyer and CEO of large corporations.
#16XY12BurnzPosted 4/9/2014 3:20:10 AM
Horse armor.
#17SoulTrapperPosted 4/9/2014 3:30:11 AM
Jedi454 posted...

The DLC trend was fine, but now it's just being abused. I don't mind one or two DLC for a game if they're exceptional and good valued for the game, but it's taken to the next level with on disc DLC, half fast DLC made to generate a quick buck. Titanfall Collectors Edition doesn't even come with a season pass.

It's always hard to tell with DLC whether it is extra content or deliberately cut content repackaged as new content.
The Dishonored DLC was a good example of this:

http://i.imgur.com/x878Y9f.jpg

I don't mind DLC released a couple months after a games release and if it's clear that their has been put actual effort into it.
But if it's stuff like this, announced even before the game is done, it's complete BS.
#18scoobydoobydontPosted 4/9/2014 3:32:14 AM
Jedi454 posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
Jedi454 posted...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin%27s_Creed_II#Downloadable_content

Just saying.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ep3FK5Z.png
#19Yi LongPosted 4/9/2014 3:34:38 AM
The DLC-milking is the reason I refuse to buy Ubisoft games at launch.

In fact, this news even convinces me to also wait for Trials Fusion to get a pricedrop.

I wiill never support this kind of BS.
#20NeoMonkPosted 4/9/2014 3:41:38 AM
I'm laughing at the people who are shocked to see DLC from Ubisoft...
They and the borderlands guys are the kinds of this garbage... They outdo EA at every turn when it comes to this stuff.
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator