Watchdogs DLC leaked over a month before release? Wow Ubi$oft.

#21Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2014 2:44:51 AM
scoobydoobydont posted...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin%27s_Creed_II#Downloadable_content

That is barely anything compared to what it is now and I got all that stuff in my copy of AC2 :o
---
Consoles Wars, where everyone is an expert Software/ Hardware Engineer, Marketing Analyst, Shareholder, Sales Rep, Lawyer and CEO of large corporations.
#22thedarklordx3Posted 4/9/2014 2:49:04 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
Jedi454 posted...

The DLC trend was fine, but now it's just being abused. I don't mind one or two DLC for a game if they're exceptional and good valued for the game, but it's taken to the next level with on disc DLC, half fast DLC made to generate a quick buck. Titanfall Collectors Edition doesn't even come with a season pass.

It's always hard to tell with DLC whether it is extra content or deliberately cut content repackaged as new content.
The Dishonored DLC was a good example of this:

http://i.imgur.com/x878Y9f.jpg

I don't mind DLC released a couple months after a games release and if it's clear that their has been put actual effort into it.
But if it's stuff like this, announced even before the game is done, it's complete BS.

so, they cut content from the game so it could release faster, but put the content back in the game so we could have our cake and eat it too? i'm ok with that.
---
I'm back to LoL for now (I also like maplestory and cabal online)
my internet is garbage again, but I'll try to manage and get my MMO fix.
#23SigmaLongshotPosted 4/9/2014 3:01:31 AM
The PS2, Xbox and GameCube had average budgets of 2.3million per title to make. They were mildly profitable at full RRP.

The Wii had an average of 5.8million budget per title.

The PS3/XB360 cost an average of 12.1million per title to make. They were borderline profitable at full RRP, with only high-grossing games making sustained profit.

The projected average price of making an X1/PS4 game? A whopping 20-30 million. And they cost the same RRP.

There are three options- either every game sells an extraordinary number of units, the overall RRP goes up for the first time in 12 years, or there are optional charges for side content.

---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#24richboy900Posted 4/9/2014 3:09:54 AM
Enjoyment/satisfaction comes a distant second to money. That's how it is these days.
#25TheEntitledOnePosted 4/9/2014 5:48:24 AM(edited)
Who cares? You act like DLC wasn't going to be in this game. DLC is a way to get over 60$ for a video game. I'm seeing people on this site always talking about what a deal game prices are today compared to the past, so they should be happy they're supporting the industry.
---
I got your number! I got all your numbers!
#26Dev445Posted 4/9/2014 6:21:11 AM
The amount of whining about DLC needs to stop. At the end of the day your not forced to buy any of it
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
GT: ThatBoyNice247
#27Yi LongPosted 4/9/2014 6:31:53 AM
TheEntitledOne posted...
Who cares? You act like DLC wasn't going to be in this game. DLC is a way to get over 60$ for a video game. I'm seeing people on this site always talking about what a deal game prices are today compared to the past, so they should be happy they're supporting the industry.

This only means they'll end up getting much less than 60 bucks fgrom me for their game, cause I'll just wait for a complete edition somewhere down the line, for a fraction of the price.

Like I've always done. I won't support this. I never did and I never will.

The ONLY way I put down 60 bucks for a game, is if I know for sure that I'll be getting the complete experience.
#28cheezedadadaPosted 4/9/2014 6:38:04 AM
1nternationa7 posted...
At the rate of Ubisoft's delays, the dlc will be out before the main game.

LOL
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4 and everything else. Gamefaqs: Where "gamers" limit themselves to one platform.
#29seankimberley42Posted 4/9/2014 6:39:11 AM
I can't believe how many times I've had to explain this..,

Businesses have this thing called a plan. That means they plan ahead. Thus, when making a game, they know there's this thing called the Internet and it allows you to transfer information very quickly across vast distances. Now, knowing this, and knowing some people might have done disposable income left over after purchasing their game, they have PLANNED AHEAD and decided to make extra content for the game, in the hopes that the people liked the game enough to buy additional content to extend the life of said game. Now, the only reason 99% of the DLC out there exists is because of this plan. If there was no DLC these things would most likely never exist. Get over your sense of entitlement.
---
Twilight is like Soccer: 2 hours of people running around, no one scoring and millions of fans telling me I don't get it. - Maliice
#30Yi LongPosted 4/9/2014 6:52:58 AM
seankimberley42 posted...
I can't believe how many times I've had to explain this..,

Businesses have this thing called a plan. That means they plan ahead. Thus, when making a game, they know there's this thing called the Internet and it allows you to transfer information very quickly across vast distances. Now, knowing this, and knowing some people might have done disposable income left over after purchasing their game, they have PLANNED AHEAD and decided to make extra content for the game, in the hopes that the people liked the game enough to buy additional content to extend the life of said game. Now, the only reason 99% of the DLC out there exists is because of this plan. If there was no DLC these things would most likely never exist. Get over your sense of entitlement.

When I buy a game for 60 bucks, I expect a complete game. When I feel they they're nickel-and-diming me, I don't feel any urge to buy their game.

I'm the customer. If I don't feel something is worth my 60 bucks, I won't buy it. Simple. Others WILL buy it and that's OK too.

However, I prefer to wait until I CAN get the complete experience for 60 bucks or less. That's not me feeling 'entitled'. That's me as a guy and a customer who sets a budget for the stuff he wants to buy. For me, that limit is 50-60 bucks. For someone else that might be 80-90 bucks or more, and for yet another guy, that might be 20 bucks...

I'm just saying that the only way a developer or publisher will get 50-60 bucks from me, is when they offer me the complete game for those 50-60 bucks. If not, I can wait, and IF I'm still interested in the game later on, I'll buy the complete package for 30-40 bucks or something.

If Ubisoft comes out and says all DLC for Watch_Dogs or Assassin's Creed 5 or whatever will be free. I'd be buying those games at full price on day 1. I would support that.

BTW, when you're talking about 'it's business', you forget about 1 thing: There's a 2nd hand market. IF you want to battle that, you should make sure people will hang on to their games instead of selling them. Free DLC would do that. Nobody would sell their Watch-Dogs copy if they're promised 2-3 months from now, they'll get a few hours of free DLC and extra content to enjoy!

Also, knowing the DLC and support is there and free, makes it easier to keep the game at full price in the stores over a longer period of time...