Watchdogs DLC leaked over a month before release? Wow Ubi$oft.

#31MrImpatient35Posted 4/9/2014 8:33:40 AM
Well I'd be bothered by that, if I didn't know that the campaign is roughly 40 hours, and the side missions will add another roughly 60 hours or so to that, so yeah...I'd get PLENTY out the game without buying the DLC.
---
FML
#32MRL3G3NDPosted 4/9/2014 8:36:16 AM
I'm pretty sure the game was done last year...they needed more time to downgrade the graphics, and make DLC...so they can hurry up and lay every one off ASAP
---
TITANFALL+GOOD MUSIC
http://youtu.be/QmwqqAq0GxM
#33AceAndJunpeiPosted 4/9/2014 8:39:10 AM
LMAO @ Jedi pretending AC2 didn't have DLC because he waited and got a copy that included it. So f****** delusional.

AC2 had gaps that needed to be filled with paid DLC.

You're wrong.
---
Now Playing: MGS5 Ground Zeroes, Second Son (PS4), DKTF (WiiU), Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3), Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z (PC) Dead Rising 3 (no)
#34MrImpatient35Posted 4/9/2014 8:41:33 AM
MrImpatient35 posted...
Well I'd be bothered by that, if I didn't know that the campaign is roughly 40 hours, and the side missions will add another roughly 60 hours or so to that, so yeah...I'd get PLENTY out the game without buying the DLC.

Actually, when I heard how long the game would be, I thought it'd be overwhelming, like The Witcher 3. That's like 50 hours campaign, and 100 altogether I think. Something crazy like that. Even though Witcher 3 looks and sounds amazing from what I've read, I'm not sure if I'll buy it...only because the game lasts so long!
---
FML
#35blitz_0623Posted 4/9/2014 8:43:49 AM
Did TC start gaming this year or something? This kind of practice is old
---
Nintendo FC - 2423-3428-2025 | Tangela, Swadloon, Quilladin
PM me if you add
#36SigarmzPosted 4/9/2014 9:44:28 AM
The game was probably delayed so they can finish the day 1 dlc to milk even more money out people.
#37BushidoEffect3Posted 4/9/2014 10:10:18 AM
**** Ubi!

First graphics downgrade now DLC milking? Get ready for Ass Creed 5 dlc too.
---
http://i.minus.com/ibgMA0LFIXHWnz.gif
#38crynryanPosted 4/9/2014 10:11:21 AM
What TC fails to realize (or forgot) is that companies need to plan things in order to get them done. If there's no planning, there's no guarantee that these things will be completed.

With your complaint, even developers who reveal what will be included in their season pass on launch day are bad. These things are planned well in advance, like games needing code in them in order to recognize the DLC or including assets (textures, models, sounds, music, etc) that were already finished that are in the DLC but were put on the disc in order to allow for a smaller file size.

Your complaints aren't valid.
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
#39SigmaLongshotPosted 4/9/2014 10:17:39 AM
SigmaLongshot posted...
The PS2, Xbox and GameCube had average budgets of 2.3million per title to make. They were mildly profitable at full RRP.

The Wii had an average of 5.8million budget per title.

The PS3/XB360 cost an average of 12.1million per title to make. They were borderline profitable at full RRP, with only high-grossing games making sustained profit.

The projected average price of making an X1/PS4 game? A whopping 20-30 million. And they cost the same RRP.

There are three options- either every game sells an extraordinary number of units, the overall RRP goes up for the first time in 12 years, or there are optional charges for side content.

Reposting from a page ago because it was glossed over. Instead of screeching bloody murder, which of the three propositions are you most eager to adopt, for this commercial model to remain fiscally viable?
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#40megadeth1117Posted 4/9/2014 10:18:09 AM
crynryan posted...
What TC fails to realize (or forgot) is that companies need to plan things in order to get them done. If there's no planning, there's no guarantee that these things will be completed.

With your complaint, even developers who reveal what will be included in their season pass on launch day are bad. These things are planned well in advance, like games needing code in them in order to recognize the DLC or including assets (textures, models, sounds, music, etc) that were already finished that are in the DLC but were put on the disc in order to allow for a smaller file size.

Your complaints aren't valid.

Get your logic and rational thinking out of here. Those things have no place on GameFaqs.