Watchdogs DLC leaked over a month before release? Wow Ubi$oft.

#41Robin_MaskPosted 4/9/2014 9:25:07 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
Jedi454 posted...

The DLC trend was fine, but now it's just being abused. I don't mind one or two DLC for a game if they're exceptional and good valued for the game, but it's taken to the next level with on disc DLC, half fast DLC made to generate a quick buck. Titanfall Collectors Edition doesn't even come with a season pass.

It's always hard to tell with DLC whether it is extra content or deliberately cut content repackaged as new content.
The Dishonored DLC was a good example of this:

http://i.imgur.com/x878Y9f.jpg

I don't mind DLC released a couple months after a games release and if it's clear that their has been put actual effort into it.
But if it's stuff like this, announced even before the game is done, it's complete BS.

Sounds like Bethesda loves companies that work for them to be "douches" due to being forced by Bethesda while they make DLC to make them look like real add-ons.
---
Please help support this great game! http://www.wayforward.com/shantae-half-genie-hero
#42leelee3105Posted 4/9/2014 9:29:08 AM
theyve probably lost 25% or more of the people who were going to buy this game 6 months ago already. whats one more f*** up
---
"I educated myself entirely on Wikipedia. I think harmless typos are a sign of stupidity."
GT je suisLe juif PSN lol!
#43TheGam3925Posted 4/9/2014 9:37:56 AM
Jedi454 posted...
Homie_202 posted...
Most games and devs do this. Chances are they are mostly done with the full game and have already started on the DLC. Honestly I am not sure why you are surprised by this. That's what companies do in order to sell a season pass. They have to allow the consumer to know what is to be expected from the season pass. Chances are they are in the very early stages of developing the DLC but probably already have all the DLC laid out.

What's the point though? why not put a code in the game for everyone that buys it brand new, so they can access the DLC for free, as they have already supported the Dev/ Publisher and then people that buy the game preowned can pay for the DLC if they see fit instead of having to pay for content you should be already entitled to if you buy brand new.

What makes you think you should be entitled to the dlc?
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
#44TaffmanGPosted 4/9/2014 9:39:11 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong (wouldn't be the first time), but didn't Assassin's Creed 2 have content removed before release to sell later as DLC?

Pretty sure sequence 12 and 13 were removed to (quoting the actual creative director) 'remove stress to the development team'.

His quote was 'let's take a portion of the game that was planned and we'll give it as DLC'

Not nit picking, just didn't understand the previous poster who said AC2 had 0 DLC.
#45dementedlullabyPosted 4/9/2014 9:55:13 AM
How long until they're giving this away with new graphics cards I wonder? Ubisoft loves giving things away with Nvidia and I need another 780 for SLI.

I might of bought the game for XB1 if it was a launch title but I was only a little interested then and even less so now.
---
The Imperial Truth is a Lie
#46aheroafakePosted 4/9/2014 9:57:21 AM
This "practice" isn't really new. This happened on Xbox 360/PS3 too.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | PSN ID: CapatanAznMan |
#47Yi LongPosted 4/9/2014 11:49:54 AM
TheGam3925 posted...
Jedi454 posted...
Homie_202 posted...
Most games and devs do this. Chances are they are mostly done with the full game and have already started on the DLC. Honestly I am not sure why you are surprised by this. That's what companies do in order to sell a season pass. They have to allow the consumer to know what is to be expected from the season pass. Chances are they are in the very early stages of developing the DLC but probably already have all the DLC laid out.

What's the point though? why not put a code in the game for everyone that buys it brand new, so they can access the DLC for free, as they have already supported the Dev/ Publisher and then people that buy the game preowned can pay for the DLC if they see fit instead of having to pay for content you should be already entitled to if you buy brand new.

What makes you think you should be entitled to the dlc?

When you pay full price you expect a complete game.
#48BushidoEffect3Posted 4/9/2014 12:13:42 PM
Robin_Mask posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
Jedi454 posted...

The DLC trend was fine, but now it's just being abused. I don't mind one or two DLC for a game if they're exceptional and good valued for the game, but it's taken to the next level with on disc DLC, half fast DLC made to generate a quick buck. Titanfall Collectors Edition doesn't even come with a season pass.

It's always hard to tell with DLC whether it is extra content or deliberately cut content repackaged as new content.
The Dishonored DLC was a good example of this:

http://i.imgur.com/x878Y9f.jpg

I don't mind DLC released a couple months after a games release and if it's clear that their has been put actual effort into it.
But if it's stuff like this, announced even before the game is done, it's complete BS.

Sounds like Bethesda loves companies that work for them to be "douches" due to being forced by Bethesda while they make DLC to make them look like real add-ons.

what a broken sentence.

Everyone hates this practice overall. Look at DAY1 DLC trends. Mass Effect 3 anyone? cut out huge part and big character in game and sell it for $10 extra for those without the collector edition.
---
http://i.minus.com/ibgMA0LFIXHWnz.gif
#49SigmaLongshotPosted 4/9/2014 12:32:31 PM
Ah, right. I'm being ignored.

I'm not as narcissistic to assume my argument is the main one, but I at least brought rationality into the mix.

Furthermore cementing that on gamefaqs, you should only argue points that are relevant to your criteria..

DLC IS ESSENTIAL. Fiscally we as consumers are paying under means for gaming as it stands today. By quite a bit.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#50UtterMoonPosted 4/9/2014 12:36:58 PM
Oh for the love of....

Can we please start to understand how game development works? Can people try to learn that things like this are planned far in advance, and every DLC that has ever been released has been planned well in advance of its release...these companies don't just 'decide' to do stuff willy nilly..because video games cost a lot of money to make..and DLC costs a lot of money to make (for the most part)...