What do you want/not want in your most anticipated games?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. What do you want/not want in your most anticipated games?
1 year ago#1
What would you like to see done with your most anticipated titles? What would you like to see avoided? I'll start with Doom and maybe add more later. Share with us!

DOOM

Want:
-More open environments and secrets. As much as I loved Doom 3, the tight spaces made certain enemies a nuisance to deal with. Fighting two Hell Knights and an Arch-Vile in close quarters is less than ideal. I'd also like more places to room explore and discover hidden items.

-More Hell. Again, Doom 3 disappointed me in this aspect. Only one mission in Hell? It was cool and all but I'd expect to spend at least 1/4 of a DOOM game fighting through Hell. I hope they create some kick-ass Hellscapes with the upcoming game.

-Smarter and more agile enemies. A lot of the enemies were slow-moving (probably to accommodate for our limited wiggle-room) and overly-eager to eat my bullets. I wouldn't mind if they had an increased sense of self-preservation and more diverse movement/attack patterns.

-Arachnotrons please. I loved these bite-sized knock-offs of the Spider Mastermind when they were introduced in Doom 2. And I loved them even more in Doom 64 (they looked so bad-ass). I was a bit disappointed they didn't make it into Doom 3.

-More Berserk moments.

Don't Want:

-Tacked on MP: Although I am excited for the Doom BETA, I am going to remain cautious. Doom 3's competitive MP was ****.

-Intrusive HUD elements, objective markers, etc. It's enough for me to follow the signs on the walls or go through some poor dead person's PDA to get the access codes I need to move on. I don't need any big bright icons constantly pointing me in the right direction to break the immersion.

-Regenerating Health.

-Completely abandoning horror. Now I know Doom 1 & 2 weren't really scary (with their large, colorful, brightly-lit environments and rock-themed musical numbers). And I reckon that Doom 3 might have been a pretty heavy-handed with the horror elements (frequent monster closets within cramped poorly-lit indoor environments with almost no music; just bone-chilling ambiance). What I'd like is a good blend. Something similar to Doom 64 which had generously spaced and visually interesting environments but also brought a creepy ambiance to keep me from feeling like too much of a bad-ass.
---
XBGT:RedHawkDirewolf PSN and NNID: RedHawk_Direwolf
1 year ago#2
Forza Horizon 2

Want:
More traffic, online traffic, pedestrians
Access to pulling into driveways everywhere, business parking lots
Have a home like TDU2
Tunning
Custom music on x1
More the 8 players online
More Online co op challenges/slow group drives acceptable for challenges

Don't want:
The horizon festival theme
Forced car races
Limited selection of cars
Off road driving forced, needs to be a offroad section/sections so my lambo isn't driving off road a lot

I'm sure I'm missing a lot.
---
Xbox one, PS3, Wii
Play for the games not the evil corporation, they're all evil in the end.
1 year ago#3
Why would you not want a game in your most anticipated games?
1 year ago#4
Want - 1080p/60fps + ultra settings

not want - sub hd
---
Pentium 3220, ASRock Z87E-ITX, H100i, 8GB RipjawsX DDR3, MSI GTX680, M4 64GB, 2TB Samsung F4, Corsair HX650, Obsidian 250D
1 year ago#5
NeoBillbine posted...
Want - 1080p/60fps + ultra settings

not want - sub hd

Get a bluray player and watch movies since games don't matter, graphics do.
---
Xbox one, PS3, Wii
Play for the games not the evil corporation, they're all evil in the end.
1 year ago#6
Want - all of the things.

Do not want - Microtransactions
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. What do you want/not want in your most anticipated games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived