will xbone implement ray tracing with DX12?

#1InninXIPosted 4/9/2014 8:50:25 AM
I haven't heard anything about it in a while. Just think about it, DX12+Ray tracing would make for killer visuals. While the cloud could offload the processing power of the one to create truly next gen titles! Thoughts?
---
PSN: YoninXI 3DS FC:1161-1061-8447 GT: Andr0idXI
Forever Fat Princess
#2BloatedSquirrelPosted 4/9/2014 8:51:58 AM
Microsoft's "cloud" doesn't actually exist. They're is just spewing buzzwords to make you think they're doing something revolutionary.
---
"On top the frozen creek, I would love to take you there."
FFXIV Character: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/4981957/
#3InninXI(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2014 8:53:49 AM
BloatedSquirrel posted...
Microsoft's "cloud" doesn't actually exist. They're is just spewing buzzwords to make you think they're doing something revolutionary.

But they use the cloud for their azure servers on titan fall and forza. You can't fool me. We can't get AI like that without the cloud.
---
Forever Fat Princess
#4crynryanPosted 4/9/2014 9:14:29 AM

Little did you know, every website you've ever gone to is in "the cloud". Unless you host your own website with your own hardware.

As to answer TC's question, as if anybody here would really know what you're asking.
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
#5billsfanno1Posted 4/9/2014 9:16:58 AM
"Not as a part of DX12, we definitely talk about all kinds of interesting things, which we could be driving into the hardware, obviously ray tracing is one of them, there was just a recent announcement about hardware accellerated ray tracing, but there are other possibilities and other opportunities which we’re looking at about what we can do, we have projects which will benefit from some of these technologies greatly."

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/04/08/microsoft-considering-hardware-accelerated-ray-tracing-but-not-with-directx-12/
#6InninXI(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2014 9:17:31 AM
This is where I saw ray tracing

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/68718861
---
Forever Fat Princess
#7Viet0nePosted 4/9/2014 9:19:38 AM
InninXI posted...
I haven't heard anything about it in a while. Just think about it, DX12+Ray tracing would make for killer visuals. While the cloud could offload the processing power of the one to create truly next gen titles! Thoughts?

Would require hundreds of servers to calculate for ray tracing. With only 300k servers, only ~2500 players would get enhanced graphics.
---
Currently Playing: FFXIV ARR, FFXHD, Spelunky, Infamous SS
PSN/XBL : VietOne
#8crynryanPosted 4/9/2014 9:21:44 AM
Viet0ne posted...
InninXI posted...

Would require hundreds of servers to calculate for ray tracing. With only 300k servers, only ~2500 players would get enhanced graphics.

Developers have always been infamous with cutting corners. What makes you think that they'd require hundreds of servers just to compute a few algorithms? Especially when you don't know the extent of their power?
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
#9BloatedSquirrelPosted 4/9/2014 9:21:57 AM
crynryan posted...

Little did you know, every website you've ever gone to is in "the cloud". Unless you host your own website with your own hardware.

As to answer TC's question, as if anybody here would really know what you're asking.

I'm talking about Microsoft's "cloud," you know, the one that was supposed to win the console war with all it's "processing" power and "graphics" performance mumbo jumbo.
---
"On top the frozen creek, I would love to take you there."
FFXIV Character: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/4981957/
#10billsfanno1Posted 4/9/2014 9:26:04 AM
crynryan posted...

I'm talking about Microsoft's "cloud," you know, the one that was supposed to win the console war with all it's "processing" power and "graphics" performance mumbo jumbo.

Probably best to duck out of this thread, you're showing that irrational side and making a fool of yourself again.