Glad we dont have to depend on free games monthly to justify a purchase.

#161Shadowfxd2Posted 4/12/2014 10:19:27 PM
necro00 posted...
Horridhal posted...
necro00 posted...
mokmuud posted...
Saying indies suck is a pretty ignorant generalization.

99.9% of indie games are awful, and only defended by people liking them because they are different then the aaa titles. No different then someone liking a band thats musically awful, but they are different then whats popular so its automatically amazing to the,

Another opinion spouted as gospel.

Also, if 99.9% of them are awful, why do they keep getting made? Someone, some where, must be making something off of them.

Why do labels that sell 200 copies of a release keep releasing music?

Just like Xbone, it's not selling well, but it's still on the market?
---
http://i.imgur.com/NbGmq.jpg, http://i.imgur.com/ARXXY.jpg
Equals: http://i.imgur.com/ZpBae.jpg, Hmmm: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/29629070.jpg
#162necro00(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2014 10:21:31 PM
Shadowfxd2 posted...
necro00 posted...
Horridhal posted...
necro00 posted...
mokmuud posted...

99.9% of indie games are awful, and only defended by people liking them because they are different then the aaa titles. No different then someone liking a band thats musically awful, but they are different then whats popular so its automatically amazing to the,

Also, if 99.9% of them are awful, why do they keep getting made? Someone, some where, must be making something off of them.

Just like Xbone, it's not selling well, but it's still on the market?

MS is about 5% of the smart phone industry and still in it. MS has tons of money to back it and will take a loss just to be in an industry. Those small labels don't even have a fraction of revenue that MS has, not to mention that the xbox brand is apart of xbox live which is a huge asset. Also 4 million consoles sold at 500 bucks a pop in 5 months time is nothing to laugh at, and outsold the 360's pace at the same time frame. Ya so struggling.
#163HorridhalPosted 4/12/2014 10:23:40 PM
necro00 posted...
Horridhal posted...
necro00 posted...
mokmuud posted...

1. You don't give any examples so I have no idea. Most likely because of contract obligations though.

2. The music industry =/= the gaming industry. That analogy is idiotic.

3. Your point does not invalidate mine in any way.
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#164mokmuudPosted 4/12/2014 10:35:14 PM
necro00 posted...
mokmuud posted...

So you're judging an entire group of games based solely on the the fact they are made by independent devs?
Wow
You know there is also a large percentage of AAA titles that end up being crap too. Difference is its to be expected with the sheer volume of indies and lack of budget. However its a lot worse when its a AAA game.
I prefer to judge a game on one thing and one thing only.
Whether I enjoy it or not. Its stupid to judge it on anything else.
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#165GeminiX7Posted 4/12/2014 11:02:48 PM
sdchi posted...
I remember when PSN was free, Sony fanboys would flock to threads like this and say "LOL YOU PAY TO PLAY ONLINE LOLOLOL" and "I WOULD NEVER EVER SUPPORT A COMPANY THAT CHARGES YOU TO PLAY ONLINE!

Then, a week later when it was announced that you'd have to pay for it on PS4, all of the Sony fanboys did a complete 180. "It such a great deal!" "It's only $5 a month!!!".

Truly laughable.

Golly gosh undeniable proof of fanboyism! Unless of course you are stupid enough to believe people are allowed to like the same console yet have differing opinions. Thats crazy talk though. The hive mind is indivisible. Buzz buzz buzz
---
NNID/PSN/GT: GeminiX7
FC: 0748-3100-6541 [FS: Tangelia, Ivysaur, and Maractus]
#166AllgorhythmPosted 4/13/2014 5:40:10 AM(edited)
necro00 posted...
Allgorhythm posted...
necro00 posted...
I use my xbox one every day. even when not gaming, and thats the beauty of the system and MS's goal to expand beyond gaming.

The problem is that MS's goal to expand beyond gaming is coming at the expense of gaming. All the resources that went into the Kinect could have been devoted to real gaming. Or, put another way, the resources that should have been devoted to real gaming were diverted because Microsoft got distracted by the Wii's success. The problem is that the Wii's motion control was a fad as evidenced by the lackluster success of the Wii U. Meanwhile, the Kinect tail is wagging the console dog.

Most games are multi-platform. They take an inclusive approach and are not going to put center stage some weird peripheral unique to one system. IMHO, the 360 is the best console out there. It combines a great user interface with a great community experience that provide gamers with the right surroundings to immerse themselves in exceptional games. It even provided aficionados of motion control with an optional Kinect that, unlike the X1's version, was not rammed down everyone's throat. Whereas, the X1 took a step back from the 360 with its incoherent user interface and poorer community experience, the PS4 took a step forward from the PS3 in both categories.

The bottom line is all the major console manufacturers have gotten too big for their britches at one point or another--Sony, Nintendo, Sega, Atari, ColecoVision, and the list goes on. Now, Microsoft, who had been stellar in the past in providing gamers what they wanted, has now decided to ignore them and pursue its own agenda--what you refer to as "MS's goal to expand beyond gaming."

you heard it here folks, from the authority of gaming himself

Thanks. This may be tongue in cheek but I'll take it as a complement. I've played every home console since the first came out--the Magnavox Odyssey. I have all twelve game cards that were published for that platform. Nowadays, people are referring to the X1, PS4, & the Wii U as being the 6th generation but forget about consoles like the Magnavox Odyssey & the Coleco Telstar that launched the first home consoles. That's understandable because they were a niche market at the time. However, to overlook the Atari 2600 & other consoles of the true 2nd generation is perplexing insofar as the 2600 put home consoles on the map.

During my 42 years of home console gaming on 100 consoles give or take, I have heard every hardware manufacturer pitch. The good ones have an inclusive approach that allows developers free reign to get the most out of the consoles. The bad ones are the manufacturers who have an agenda that tries to push something down the throats of the players. Microsoft, until recently, had been one of the good guys. Lately, though, they have strayed. It's not just me who is saying this. Top developers who want to develop multiplatform games are finding out that Microsoft policies (not hardware limitations) are impeding them.

You may be interested in what Peter Molyneaux said. Molyneaux, while at Lionhead (a Microsoft studio), created the Fable Franchise. Among other things, he developed Fable: The Journey--a shameless attempt to peddle the Kinect on the 360. Nevertheless, today, he says the Kinect is a joke:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2014/04/09/peter-molyneux-calls-xbox-one-kinect-a-joke/

Here are a couple of other comments he made: “I don’t want another way of looking at Facebook.” and "Forget ‘connected entertainment’, Microsoft should focus on games with its next console". I couldn't agree more.
#167Mindwipe77Posted 4/13/2014 5:55:11 AM
TC is such a waste lol, i feel sorry for this guy, must not have much going on irl
---
Proud owner of X1,PS4 and Wii U, I pity childish fanboys
"All the significant breakthroughs were breaks with old ways of thinking."
#168necro00(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2014 9:17:28 AM
Mindwipe77 posted...
TC is such a waste lol, i feel sorry for this guy, must not have much going on irl

oh he mad.