Do you still have the Kinect?

#21quincy2000aPosted 4/10/2014 8:32:11 AM
Not gonna get into this whole "what I saw, what I didn't see" thing, but when I listed the box for my Xbox One Day One Edition (just the box) on eBay, there were listings for Xbox One Kinects only and also Xbox Ones w/out Kinects.

And I still have that albatross but it has never been "Kinected."
---
http://www.thehdstandard.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/720p-vs-1080p.png
#22X_F_L_A_W_XPosted 4/10/2014 8:40:19 AM
I sold mine, as I've stated numerous times on this board, and I actually have proof.

http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr28/F_L_A_W/KinectSale_zpsc0c29699.jpg

The Ebay user ID should be evidence enough. Plenty of people are buying Kinects alone, though I'm not entirely sure what for. I actually had to relist mine as the first buyer said he intended to hook it up to his PC but didn't realize it had a proprietary plug, so I'm assuming people are either experimenting with them or have broken the ones that came with their console.

Regardless, I sold it because I wasn't using any of the features, it's not required to play any of the games I want/have, and I knew I could get $80 for it to put toward more games instead. It's a cool piece of tech but it just isn't something I'm willing to use to its fullest potential, so instead of having it sit there and collect dust, I got rid of it. I don't know why that would be so hard to understand, whether you agree with my choice or not.
---
We all give up eventually...
#23-FryShakeWad-(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2014 9:56:45 AM
X_F_L_A_W_X posted...
I sold mine, as I've stated numerous times on this board, and I actually have proof.

http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr28/F_L_A_W/KinectSale_zpsc0c29699.jpg

The Ebay user ID should be evidence enough. Plenty of people are buying Kinects alone, though I'm not entirely sure what for. I actually had to relist mine as the first buyer said he intended to hook it up to his PC but didn't realize it had a proprietary plug, so I'm assuming people are either experimenting with them or have broken the ones that came with their console.

Regardless, I sold it because I wasn't using any of the features, it's not required to play any of the games I want/have, and I knew I could get $80 for it to put toward more games instead. It's a cool piece of tech but it just isn't something I'm willing to use to its fullest potential, so instead of having it sit there and collect dust, I got rid of it. I don't know why that would be so hard to understand, whether you agree with my choice or not.

Thanks for the reasonable explanation. Makes sense, if you don't like it. Just hope it's not required in the future for some sweet game or app or function.
#24Laylow12Posted 4/10/2014 10:31:30 AM
I returned mine along with my console to Amazon. It felt good to get that thing out of my house.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#25Joey-ZazaPosted 4/10/2014 10:33:24 AM
Everyone who answered in this poll is lying.
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
#26-FryShakeWad-(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2014 1:30:58 PM
Joey-Zaza posted...
Everyone who answered in this poll is lying.

Seems like two out of 100 actually sold it. I'm just talking about getting rid of the Kinect not the entire console.
#27Joey-ZazaPosted 4/10/2014 1:40:03 PM
No I meant everyone. Just every singe person.
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
#28HELZEROPosted 4/10/2014 1:57:13 PM
I have it but I never plugged it in. I'm gonna keep it then sell it later when people look back at is as a prophet from hell.
---
im on my mobile phone so excuse the cruddy spelling
#29PredskullPosted 4/10/2014 3:01:21 PM
I still have mine but its in the box. I take it out when I need it to edit clips using upload studio. Why is it necessary to have Kinect plugged in just to trim and splice clips?
#30AllgorhythmPosted 4/15/2014 2:46:06 AM
-FryShakeWad- posted...
I hear about people selling them. I just wondered how many of us kep them?

-Still have mine.

It wasn't worth the effort of taking out of the box. I kept the box. So the Kinect is in the attic far away from the X1.