Xbox One or Xbone should of been called Xbox Entertainment System or...

#11rizzer(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2014 12:04:46 PM(edited)
X1_DefenceForce posted...
"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet" - William Shakespeare

Doesn't matter what you call it, the One is the most innovative console out on the market to date.

you sir have been xboned! ;)

I beg to differ, xbox one may be One of the most expensive mediocre machines in console history, with 3DO and ps3 coming to mind. Now, if they would of launched at $300 like xbox 1 and 360 i wouldn't have any problems but at $500 for the mess that is TV integration, turn off your One and it turns of the hdmi port, graphics at this point only marginally better than 360 and we waited 8 years! and the competition being more powerful for less money, to me and believe me i am a xbot through and through, beta live tester and never owned a playstation in my life, have never been more disappointed than I am with xbox one :( with that said, Xbox Entertainment System is a much better name than Xbox One, all in one IMO
#12HELZEROPosted 4/10/2014 11:38:40 AM
I like XES lol. Better than XBONE thats for sure
---
im on my mobile phone so excuse the cruddy spelling
#13MasteroftheArtsPosted 4/10/2014 9:43:07 PM
rizzer posted...

Doesn't matter what you call it, the One is the most innovative console out on the market to date.

you sir have been xboned! ;)

I beg to differ, xbox one may be One of the most expensive mediocre machines in console history, with 3DO and ps3 coming to mind. Now, if they would of launched at $300 like xbox 1 and 360 i wouldn't have any problems but at $500 for the mess that is TV integration, turn off your One and it turns of the hdmi port, graphics at this point only marginally better than 360 and we waited 8 years! and the competition being more powerful for less money, to me and believe me i am a xbot through and through, beta live tester and never owned a playstation in my life, have never been more disappointed than I am with xbox one :( with that said, Xbox Entertainment System is a much better name than Xbox One, all in one IMO

Now I should just ignore your comment by your reference to 3DO as a legitimate comparison to X1, because you have no clue what you're talking about and just how horrible the 3DO really was, but I'm going to continue.

No one bought either of those consoles for the $300. They spent an additional $100 for the HDD.

TV Integration, while annoying that I can't access the DVR through the Xbox, works just fine. It's actually somewhat surprising that more problems didn't exist; and I'm speaking from Day 1.

Why are you turning off the X1 and still wanting the HDMI connection to be on? Just use the Xbox as your cable box and there's no issues.

Of course the graphics are only marginally better. Did you honestly believe that the graphics were just going to jump up to Crysis 3 on PC level of quality just because new hardware was chosen? Hardware that released outdated, no less. Go look at the launch titles for the Xbox 360 and compare them to late generation OG Xbox titles. There is only a marginal difference. Now take a look at late model 360 games and compare them to those launch titles and notice a huge difference on the same platform. Now compare them to the X1's launch titles and notice a marginal difference. It's how consoles operate. After 8 years of this console, you can go back and look at how the late model 360 games and compare them to the late model X1's games and you'll notice a huge difference. This goes back to consoles like NES and SNES where late model NES games in some cases actually looked better than early SNES games. It's just the way of things.

As far as the competition being more powerful for less money, you just have to weigh your focuses there. For me, I saw nothing particularly interesting from the PS4 at launch that I couldn't get from X1. Better graphics doesn't really mean that much for me, otherwise I wouldn't have picked up a gamecube or PS2 and instead grabbed an Xbox. I wanted the games that those platforms offered. In this case, I wanted Forza 5 and the kinect because I think it is a great piece of technology and now has the potential and proper install base for developers to take seriously and use for great effect. The slightly increased graphics doesn't impress me on PS4 in the slightest. All it made me do is drop $350 for a GTX 770 (which I had been meaning to do for awhile anyway because the rest of my pc is still high end, but my graphics card had slipped alot) which utterly trounces both of the competition. It's not even that special of a card and yet it still maxes out virtually all games at 1080p 60fps.

The era of consoles having amazing looking games has long come and passed.

Color it in that two-tone gray with black inserts just like the toaster and it'll be the XES.
---
"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God. "For proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing..."
#14lunchbox2042Posted 4/10/2014 9:44:38 PM
It's not really a bad name. I mean it's supposed to stand for Xbox all in one, as in the only thing you need in your living room besides a cable box and dedicated gaming console.
#15DojoMaxPosted 4/10/2014 10:31:59 PM
Combo626 posted...
heffley19 posted...
rizzer posted...
Xbox Entertainment System or Xbox ES and for short, XES and I'll be dammed if everyone doesn't love a little backwards sex!

Sorry MS you Xboned yourself on this 'One'! Xbox One All In One sounds redundant, it has been shortened to xbone which is embarrassing and in the end Xbox Entertainment System is exactly what you were goin for in the first place! ya know an all in one entertainment system

Your thoughts?

My thoughts?

Incoming Mods in 3.2.1

Sometimes you have to take the mod to point out how dumb something is.
---
U R Not (red) E...
For the power of PlayStation.
#16xacebopPosted 4/10/2014 11:19:45 PM
lunchbox2042 posted...
It's not really a bad name. I mean it's supposed to stand for Xbox all in one, as in the only thing you need in your living room besides a cable box and dedicated gaming console.

Lol
#17kenio8187Posted 4/11/2014 12:39:35 AM

Not if you called them Stench Blossoms.
---
http://i.imgur.com/aZBNozN.gif
Titanfall vs Infamous SS: Which one is better - http://youtu.be/EbirPRSiSPI
#18Shadowfxd2Posted 4/11/2014 12:42:51 AM

being a weaker pc than ps4 ins't innovative...
#19ArkonBladePosted 4/11/2014 12:52:01 AM
Sounds so much like the Original Nintendo but still better then Xbox One.
---
PC game sales= more games then you could ever dream of owning.
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade
#20Shadowfxd2Posted 4/11/2014 12:53:59 AM
ArkonBlade posted...
Sounds so much like the Original Nintendo but still better then Xbox One.

calling it the "Xbox pricer dropper downer" would have been a better name than Xbone.