Xbox One or Xbone should of been called Xbox Entertainment System or...

#21rizzer(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2014 7:48:23 AM(edited)
MotA, 3DO reference is on price, consoles trying for these outrageously high starting prices are doomed before they begin. Oh don't believe me? ask 3DO if they'd launch at that price again? Ask ps3 too (lol got destroyed by 360 early on)... don't even have to ask MS as the Titanfall bundle happening 4 months later dropping the Xbox $115 in less than 4 months IS PROOF and is rewarding 4 million early adopters with big fat fu - reminds me of the iPhone 1 price gaf... except apple, who I am no lover of, gave back half the difference...

Graphics should be well better than hardly noticeable 8 years later and for $500.. PERIOD!

and the TV integration was clumsy at best, voice prompts are inaccurate, hdmi port turns off when xbox is turned off MEANING no TV if xbox is off (taht is a huge bummer for casual gamers since xbox doesn't need to be on 24/7. I set two friends up with hdmi passthrough and both unhooked it cause how annoying it was

Sounds likes I'm a hater, well i have been nothing but a lover of Xbox since my beta live tester acceptance all those years ago but i'll be dammed if MS didn't screw the pooch in just about every area IMO and dammit man, i am pissed at the mess that is xbone :(
#22Eh-RedPosted 4/11/2014 7:57:07 AM
Shadowfxd2 posted...
X1_DefenceForce posted...
"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet" - William Shakespeare

Doesn't matter what you call it, the One is the most innovative console out on the market to date.

being a weaker pc than ps4 ins't innovative...

Looks like someone has no idea what innovative means.
#23SaQu1BPosted 4/11/2014 7:58:54 AM
Good idea tc. It will attract virgins :)
#24bob15xPosted 4/11/2014 8:10:41 AM
rizzer posted...
X1_DefenceForce posted...
"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet" - William Shakespeare

Doesn't matter what you call it, the One is the most innovative console out on the market to date.

you sir have been xboned! ;)

I beg to differ, xbox one may be One of the most expensive mediocre machines in console history, with 3DO and ps3 coming to mind. Now, if they would of launched at $300 like xbox 1 and 360 i wouldn't have any problems but at $500 for the mess that is TV integration, turn off your One and it turns of the hdmi port, graphics at this point only marginally better than 360 and we waited 8 years! and the competition being more powerful for less money, to me and believe me i am a xbot through and through, beta live tester and never owned a playstation in my life, have never been more disappointed than I am with xbox one :( with that said, Xbox Entertainment System is a much better name than Xbox One, all in one IMO

do you know what the word innovative means? No other console is setup like the xbox one. You may like it or hate it, but the ps4 is just a basic games machine with no real bells and whistles. not that this is a bad thing.
#25rizzer(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2014 9:27:39 AM(edited)
bob15x posted...

do you know what the word innovative means? No other console is setup like the xbox one. You may like it or hate it, but the ps4 is just a basic games machine with no real bells and whistles. not that this is a bad thing.

innovative, can you use that in a sentence?... innovative, definition please... innovative. i.n.n.o.don't charge $500 for half baked TV features and a few standard apps, graphics that in a head to head look nearly the same as xbox 360 for less than half the price and then call it i.n.n.o.v.a.t.i.v.e.!!!

p.s. 360 is everything a One is (features wise) minus the hdmi passthrough which to many is annoying at best... and at worst, no DVR integration simply is a feature that is required for most to actually get use of it

xbot since 2000
free agent as of now, may go One and may go PS for the first time ever, still playing wait and see
#26rizzer(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2014 8:34:30 AM(edited)
innovate isn't the topic, the name and nickname is, xbox one is redundant when used as 'xbox one, your all in one entertainment system and then the awful, embarrassing side show freak of a nickname, xbone!

Xbox is the brand, Entertainment System is the directive, wow, i know right, put them together and you get Xbox Entertainment System. i just blew your minds! and nobody got xboned in the process!!!
#27DojoMaxPosted 4/14/2014 8:39:11 AM
rizzer posted...
bob15x posted...

innovative, can you use that in a sentence?... innovative, definition please... innovative. i.n.n.o.don't charge $500 for half baked TV features and a few standard apps, graphics that in a head to head look nearly the same as xbox 360 for less than half the price and then call it i.n.n.o.v.a.t.i.v.e.!!!

p.s. 360 is everything a One is (features wise) minus the hdmi passthrough which to many is annoying at best... and at worst, no DVR integration simply is a feature that is required for most to actually get use of it

xbot since 2000
free agent as of now, may go One and may go PS for the first time ever, still playing wait and see

Graphics that look the same huh.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVN_Ytl_bgA -- Titanfall is better on 360 than X1.
PSN: DojoMax Steam: DojoMax
#28MidnightJacketPosted 4/14/2014 8:41:10 AM
I like the thought process of the TC. Kudos.
#29cmincPosted 4/14/2014 8:50:00 AM
MidnightJacket posted...
I like the thought process of the TC. Kudos.

Yeah, shame about all the 'serious business' responses, though.
---
MSI Z87-G45 | I7-4771 Turbo | GTX 770 4GB GDDR5 | Corsair HX 850W |
Kingston Hyper X 8GB DDR3 | Seagate 1TB 128 MB Cache HD | RS Challenger Case |
#30rizzer(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2014 8:51:26 AM
dojo, obviously the graphics are better but xbox 1 to xbox 2 ushered in HD, xbox 2 to xbox One ushered in the same HD level, 720p (for the most part), not very easily at 60fps and still has jaggies, i could easily forgive all at 720p60fps jaggie free but as it stands, i see 'basically' similar graphics thus far, anyone saying there has been a immediate, obvious huge leap is not seeing straight IMO