Is this gen going to be known for '' Re-mastered games ''

#1GingaritoPosted 4/10/2014 12:38:58 PM
So they did it with Tomb Raider and now Sony are doing it with TLOU, dont get me wrong both great games but I hope this doesnt become a trend as I dont want companies spending time re-mastering last gen games instead of working on new games on new engines.

This is not what I bought a next gen console for.
---
Currently playing - Titanfall and its amazing.
Best games played last year: the last of us , tomb raider. MUFC hated adored never ignored.
#2Joey-ZazaPosted 4/10/2014 12:40:09 PM
Hell even the Wii U did it with Wind Waker HD. It seems very likely.
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
#3velvet_hammerPosted 4/10/2014 12:40:26 PM
Gta v is next stop crying.
---
People that approve of this video 10 & counting!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEPtCLAubaw
#4GambitbuzzkillPosted 4/10/2014 12:40:56 PM
I'm waiting for Ryse remastered and South Park stick of truth remastered.
---
Gametag-BLOODLUST66
PSN-Dalust66
#5TBONE_OGPosted 4/10/2014 12:41:11 PM
I think Sony just wanted to finally have a "good game" on their console so they ported over TLOU...

Derp.
---
Always O.G.
#6Gingarito(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2014 12:41:13 PM
velvet_hammer posted...
Gta v is next stop crying.

You stop crying.
---
Best games played last year: the last of us , tomb raider. MUFC hated adored never ignored.
#7chex81Posted 4/10/2014 12:41:21 PM
and we keep hearing of Halo 2 HD remastered. I think remaster versions should have to wait an x number of years before they can be re-released. Personally, it seems that possibly TLoU was originally meant for PS4 but Sony cashed in on a lesser resolution PS3 version.
---
XB1/WiiU: chex81
soundcloud.com/purple_i.
#8Shing_gorPosted 4/10/2014 12:41:55 PM
Last Gen already had its fair share:

Halo, FFX/X2, DMC, MGS, Windwaker.

Everyone is guilty.
#9velvet_hammerPosted 4/10/2014 12:42:51 PM
At least tlou and gta v have good online
---
People that approve of this video 10 & counting!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEPtCLAubaw
#10Gingarito(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2014 12:43:37 PM
chex81 posted...
and we keep hearing of Halo 2 HD remastered. I think remaster versions should have to wait an x number of years before they can be re-released. Personally, it seems that possibly TLoU was originally meant for PS4 but Sony cashed in on a lesser resolution PS3 version.

If they are to re-master old games I would rather them do it for games like Resident Evil on the gamecube or Metal Gear Solid. Not games I can play now with already good visuals.
---