Is this gen going to be known for '' Re-mastered games ''

#31MrImpatient35Posted 4/10/2014 5:44:51 PM
lol other than remastered games, there's plenty of my radar, that from your topic title, I'm sure you don't know about. To list a few off my head, there's child of light, watch dogs, the evil within, dragon age inquisition, destiny, sunset overdrive, dying light, batman arkham knight, assassin's creed unity, the crew, lords of the fallen, etc.

Trust me. This year is f'n packed! I hope more games get pushed back, like the witcher 3 did. I hope Halo 5 gets pushed back too. Too many games!
---
FML
#32NionelPosted 4/10/2014 5:48:22 PM
Shing_gor posted...
Last Gen already had its fair share:

Halo, FFX/X2, DMC, MGS, Windwaker.

Everyone is guilty.

That's just the tip of the iceberg too, you didn't even mention the Sly games, Jak games, Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, God of War, DBZ, Hitman, Kingdom Hearts, Prince of Persia, Ratchet and Clank, Tomb Raider Trilogy, Splinter Cell, Zone of the Enders, and that's not even mentioning the digital only releases and non US releases. So yeah, the new systems have a little catching up to do.
---
360/XB1 GT: Elysiun / PSN ID: Sabaku_Hoshi / Steam: Nionel
#33TreGoodaPosted 4/10/2014 5:51:10 PM
Gingarito posted...
chex81 posted...
and we keep hearing of Halo 2 HD remastered. I think remaster versions should have to wait an x number of years before they can be re-released. Personally, it seems that possibly TLoU was originally meant for PS4 but Sony cashed in on a lesser resolution PS3 version.

If they are to re-master old games I would rather them do it for games like Resident Evil on the gamecube or Metal Gear Solid. Not games I can play now with already good visuals.

Resident Evil on the gamecube was a remaster of Resident Evil on the PS1.

I thought it was funny you brought that up.
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
#34TheCyborgNinjaPosted 4/10/2014 5:54:44 PM
DarkHoles posted...
TBONE_OG posted...
I think Sony just wanted to finally have a "good game" on their console so they ported over TLOU...

Derp.

Tlou is well overrated, it has an epic story but the gameplay is terrible and there's no excuse for that.
Before a pony wages war on me this is my opinion, if you disagree explain why or you are invalid.

I have no brand loyalties, and I absolutely loved TLoU. That said, it was a "one and done" game for me, and the PS4's best upcoming exclusive being an upscaled PS3 game is just embarrassing. Xbox One would be owning this generation if people didn't just see the word "Xbox" and lose their ****. I could see if Sony personally came to their house every day to make them a sandwich, or something... But that doesn't happen...
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#35Joey-ZazaPosted 4/11/2014 7:15:33 AM
TreGooda posted...
Gingarito posted...
chex81 posted...
and we keep hearing of Halo 2 HD remastered. I think remaster versions should have to wait an x number of years before they can be re-released. Personally, it seems that possibly TLoU was originally meant for PS4 but Sony cashed in on a lesser resolution PS3 version.

If they are to re-master old games I would rather them do it for games like Resident Evil on the gamecube or Metal Gear Solid. Not games I can play now with already good visuals.

Resident Evil on the gamecube was a remaster of Resident Evil on the PS1.

I thought it was funny you brought that up.

Not only that, but so was Metal Gear Solid. LOL

Remember? The Twin Snakes?
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
#36McNabFishPosted 4/11/2014 7:21:42 AM
If they''re not going to make a Timesplitters 4, I'll happily take a HD remake... Please?
---
You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel.
#37Special-EddPosted 4/11/2014 7:33:27 AM
TLoU was a good game but I just can't force myself to pick it up for $60. I'm not missing out on anything by waiting for the price to drop since the story is really what made the game so great. The MP was just "meh".
---
RebelGameMaster: You can't say poop is better than french toast because some people like the taste of poop.
Proud day one adopter of PS4 and Xbox One
#38InjusticeRebornPosted 4/11/2014 7:36:12 AM
Generation 7.5

But I really wish BioWare would just come out with whether or not Mass Effect trilogy will get a re-release on the new consoles. I bet, the day I buy the trilogy box set on the PS3, they'll announce it's getting a remastered re-release soon after.
---
10/03/14-11/03/14 - the day GameFAQs turned into the Dead Sea of the internet.
#39B1GB0SS_86Posted 4/11/2014 8:20:41 AM
Gingarito posted...
chex81 posted...

I never understood why capcom never rereleased the REmake for gamecube. That is the best resident evil to date. Much better than 5 and 6. Remake was the perfect example of what resident evil should be. The should release that and resident evil zero together on one disc.
#40Gingarito(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2014 8:33:30 AM
B1GB0SS_86 posted...
Gingarito posted...
chex81 posted...

I never understood why capcom never rereleased the REmake for gamecube. That is the best resident evil to date. Much better than 5 and 6. Remake was the perfect example of what resident evil should be. The should release that and resident evil zero together on one disc.

Now that would be something I would be more than happy to spend money on.
---
Currently playing - Titanfall and its amazing.
Best games played last year: the last of us , tomb raider. MUFC hated adored never ignored.