Is this gen going to be known for '' Re-mastered games ''

#41Gingarito(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2014 7:44:17 AM
Joey-Zaza posted...
TreGooda posted...
Gingarito posted...
chex81 posted...
and we keep hearing of Halo 2 HD remastered. I think remaster versions should have to wait an x number of years before they can be re-released. Personally, it seems that possibly TLoU was originally meant for PS4 but Sony cashed in on a lesser resolution PS3 version.

If they are to re-master old games I would rather them do it for games like Resident Evil on the gamecube or Metal Gear Solid. Not games I can play now with already good visuals.

Resident Evil on the gamecube was a remaster of Resident Evil on the PS1.

I thought it was funny you brought that up.

Not only that, but so was Metal Gear Solid. LOL

Remember? The Twin Snakes?

Read what I put, I never said them games have not been re-mastered but I would not say I can play them games now.......with good visuals.
---
Currently playing - Titanfall and its amazing.
Best games played last year: the last of us , tomb raider. MUFC hated adored never ignored.
#42DarthUchiha91Posted 4/11/2014 7:44:59 AM
Gingarito posted...
So they did it with Tomb Raider and now Sony are doing it with TLOU, dont get me wrong both great games but I hope this doesnt become a trend as I dont want companies spending time re-mastering last gen games instead of working on new games on new engines.

This is not what I bought a next gen console for.

A trend? the last few generations were flooded with re-masters. This gen has some catching up to do.
---
I murdered a man. He had a wife and two kids.
I slept peacefully.
#43richboy900Posted 4/11/2014 7:51:41 AM
I still play project Gotham racing 2 and timesplitters on the old Xbox now and then, if those were remade for the new consoles I'd probably still buy them.
#44SegavsCapcomPosted 4/11/2014 8:07:55 AM
This gen has just started. Hold yer horses.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
3DS FC: 1306-5920-0665 _PSN: SegavsCapcom_ Steam: SegavsCapcom_NNID: SegavsCapcom
#45Gingarito(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2014 8:58:54 AM
SegavsCapcom posted...
This gen has just started. Hold yer horses.

Haha will do just a discussion. My horses are in their stables for now.
---
Currently playing - Titanfall and its amazing.
Best games played last year: the last of us , tomb raider. MUFC hated adored never ignored.
#46CharocksPosted 4/11/2014 9:12:25 AM
I don't mind remasters as long as the game deserves it. Crapcom could get outta debt and regain fans if they would capitalize the market while others could make a bundle.

Remaster Megaman, Megaman X, Megaman Legends, Megaman Battle Network, the GBA and DS Castlevanias, .hack//, and G.U. Sell them for $20-$40 a pop and the cash comes flooding in.
---
Former Xbox Fan - A Flying Ewok
Official Arrow in the Knee of the Skyrim board (360)
#47Reflex-ArcPosted 4/11/2014 9:25:13 AM
Charocks posted...
I don't mind remasters as long as the game deserves it. Crapcom could get outta debt and regain fans if they would capitalize the market while others could make a bundle.

Remaster Megaman, Megaman X, Megaman Legends, Megaman Battle Network, the GBA and DS Castlevanias, .hack//, and G.U. Sell them for $20-$40 a pop and the cash comes flooding in.

I'd buy an HD remaster of Chip 'n Dale's Rescue Rangers in a heartbeat.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#48jing0000Posted 4/11/2014 9:48:56 AM
Cubivore should be remastered.
---
none
#49Spartan_VicePosted 4/11/2014 9:57:09 AM
Honestly I think we have enough fictional universes on market right now, what we need to do is expand how those universes are used. Writers spend all this time writing elaborate lore for a game that maybe last 8 hours. There should be nothing wrong with expanding a universe into different game genres.
---
Original GTA: Online Awesome Creator
http://i.imgur.com/Pzq4j.gif
#50necro00Posted 4/11/2014 9:59:58 AM
I ned a halo 2 remaster asap