How do you think XboxOne will sell in Japan?

#31kyncaniPosted 4/17/2014 11:29:46 AM
Jx1010 posted...
NejiHyuga900 posted...
There is a high chance (I will say at least 90% chance) that the Xbox One is going to be DOA (Dead on Arrival) in Japan once it releases in Japan. The only country I know that the Xbox One will sell well is here in the United States.

So why would the Japanese make games for a console that doesnt sell in their country?

They won't
#32AnakeriePosted 4/17/2014 11:37:57 AM
kyncani posted...
Jx1010 posted...
NejiHyuga900 posted...
There is a high chance (I will say at least 90% chance) that the Xbox One is going to be DOA (Dead on Arrival) in Japan once it releases in Japan. The only country I know that the Xbox One will sell well is here in the United States.

So why would the Japanese make games for a console that doesnt sell in their country?

They won't

For the same reason they make cars so big that a Japanese family of four could live in them: exports bring in a ton of money.
---
GT: CrampedSultana PSN: Ana Kerie
Pawn: Zarianna. CARPE LAMA GLAMA
#33kyncaniPosted 4/17/2014 12:11:38 PM
Anakerie posted...
kyncani posted...
Jx1010 posted...
NejiHyuga900 posted...

They won't

For the same reason they make cars so big that a Japanese family of four could live in them: exports bring in a ton of money.

With so many games not even translated, a lot of Japanese games 3DS only *and* the Xbox One performing poorly, I don't think the Xbox One is the best place to get Japanese games.

In fact, it is probably the worse.
#34DavCubePosted 4/19/2014 10:54:22 PM
2.2 million units between the Xbox and Xbox 360 in Japan COMBINED tell me that the Xbox One is not going to sell well in Japan.
---
http://backloggery.com/davcube
#35hijokaidenPosted 4/19/2014 11:05:42 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/68875936
---
Well at Gamestop you can get a rubber ducky, a water gun, or a pirate sleeve Wii bundle.
#36maizemaizePosted 4/20/2014 6:52:55 AM
X one should look for emerging markets like Brazil South, Africa and Nigeria.
Japan is the traditional springboard for sales of Nintendo and Sony.
That is why Wii U sells like crazy there, and PS4 not doing badly.
But the Land of the rising sun never was a good ground for X Box, X360, and X one is not expected to change that.
Poor X one :-(
#37reincarnator07Posted 4/20/2014 7:03:13 AM
Very poorly. The X1 has little to offer Japanese gamers and home consoles there in general are failing compared to handhelds.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#38chubbychaserPosted 4/20/2014 4:43:42 PM
105 unit per week if microsoft is lucky.
---
aaaHAA!! X800 XT PE
#39AnakeriePosted 4/20/2014 4:46:59 PM
I love my 360 and will defend it to anyone: I bought it after the RRoD issue had been resolved and it's never given me any problems. And even I'm willing to admit the sales in Japan were craptastic. I can't see the XBox One doing any better.
---
GT: CrampedSultana PSN: Ana Kerie
Pawn: Zarianna. CARPE LAMA GLAMA
#40Dr_KainPosted 4/20/2014 4:57:05 PM
Poorly because Japan knows a bad console when they see one.
---
Welcome to GameFAQs, where having an opinion is a declaration of war.