How do you think XboxOne will sell in Japan?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. How do you think XboxOne will sell in Japan?
2 years ago#31
Jx1010 posted...
NejiHyuga900 posted...
There is a high chance (I will say at least 90% chance) that the Xbox One is going to be DOA (Dead on Arrival) in Japan once it releases in Japan. The only country I know that the Xbox One will sell well is here in the United States.

So why would the Japanese make games for a console that doesnt sell in their country?

They won't
2 years ago#32
kyncani posted...
Jx1010 posted...
NejiHyuga900 posted...
There is a high chance (I will say at least 90% chance) that the Xbox One is going to be DOA (Dead on Arrival) in Japan once it releases in Japan. The only country I know that the Xbox One will sell well is here in the United States.

So why would the Japanese make games for a console that doesnt sell in their country?

They won't

For the same reason they make cars so big that a Japanese family of four could live in them: exports bring in a ton of money.
GT: CrampedSultana PSN: Ana Kerie
Pawn: Zarianna. CARPE LAMA GLAMA
2 years ago#33
Anakerie posted...
kyncani posted...
Jx1010 posted...
NejiHyuga900 posted...

They won't

For the same reason they make cars so big that a Japanese family of four could live in them: exports bring in a ton of money.

With so many games not even translated, a lot of Japanese games 3DS only *and* the Xbox One performing poorly, I don't think the Xbox One is the best place to get Japanese games.

In fact, it is probably the worse.
2 years ago#34
2.2 million units between the Xbox and Xbox 360 in Japan COMBINED tell me that the Xbox One is not going to sell well in Japan.
http://backloggery.com/davcube
2 years ago#35
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/68875936
Well at Gamestop you can get a rubber ducky, a water gun, or a pirate sleeve Wii bundle.
2 years ago#36
X one should look for emerging markets like Brazil South, Africa and Nigeria.
Japan is the traditional springboard for sales of Nintendo and Sony.
That is why Wii U sells like crazy there, and PS4 not doing badly.
But the Land of the rising sun never was a good ground for X Box, X360, and X one is not expected to change that.
Poor X one :-(
2 years ago#37
Very poorly. The X1 has little to offer Japanese gamers and home consoles there in general are failing compared to handhelds.
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
2 years ago#38
105 unit per week if microsoft is lucky.
aaaHAA!! X800 XT PE
2 years ago#39
I love my 360 and will defend it to anyone: I bought it after the RRoD issue had been resolved and it's never given me any problems. And even I'm willing to admit the sales in Japan were craptastic. I can't see the XBox One doing any better.
GT: CrampedSultana PSN: Ana Kerie
Pawn: Zarianna. CARPE LAMA GLAMA
2 years ago#40
Poorly because Japan knows a bad console when they see one.
Welcome to GameFAQs, where having an opinion is a declaration of war.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. How do you think XboxOne will sell in Japan?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived