cant decide between xbox1 and ps4

#1foody58Posted 4/10/2014 1:38:53 PM
so Im at that point where I cant stand not having a video game system anymore and I cant decide between the xbox one or the ps4. I know the ps4 is a more powerful machine but the talk of directx12 making the one more powerful somehow has me interested. my last system was an xbox360 I loved it other than the fact that I went through 8 of them due to rrod and microsofts horrible customer support. Before that I had a ps2 which I played to death literally where it started smoking then got the slim version I loved my ps2. my problem is im worried that the ps4 just will outshine the xbox one graphic wise in the future and vice versa with Microsoft releasing direct x12. any help would be greatly appreciated.
---
hooters hooters yum yum yum hooters hooters on a girl thats dumb- al bundy
#2NCPwnPosted 4/10/2014 1:39:53 PM
Why not just play games on a PC?

and as a developer, i love opengl > DirectX
---
Top 10 Favorite games of all time (in order):
NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Rainbow Moon, Valkyria Chronicles, DAOC, MAG, Tachyon, Myst
#3kennyynnooPosted 4/10/2014 1:42:10 PM
Get the one that will have more exclusives you like, you can get over graphics. I owned a ps3 and 360 but never noticed the difference. Buy both eventually.
---
Xbox one, PS3, Wii
Play for the games not the evil corporation, they're all evil in the end.
#4NCPwnPosted 4/10/2014 1:44:17 PM
kennyynnoo posted...
Get the one that will have more exclusives you like, you can get over graphics. I owned a ps3 and 360 but never noticed the difference. Buy both eventually.

That's your problem. You should have owned a PC and just had access to all the games at a cheaper price, with better graphics, and no paywall multiplayer.
---
Top 10 Favorite games of all time (in order):
NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Rainbow Moon, Valkyria Chronicles, DAOC, MAG, Tachyon, Myst
#5ninja_starXPosted 4/10/2014 1:44:52 PM
Ps4 will always have more powerful hardware and there's nothing microsoft can say or do about it, that's why all the smart 360 userbase hve already switched over to ps4.
#6Garage_ManPosted 4/10/2014 1:46:03 PM
Don't choose the thing based on graphics. The PS4 WILL have the better graphics for the entire generation, it just will.

Instead choose based on the...GAMES. Which exclusives do you like more? Which controller do you like better? which console fits your lifestyle more?
#7richboy900Posted 4/10/2014 1:47:57 PM
NCPwn posted...

This. Pc for graphics.

I'd go with the Xbox one personally.
#8Garage_ManPosted 4/10/2014 1:50:29 PM
NCPwn posted...
kennyynnoo posted...

That's your problem. You should have owned a PC and just had access to all the games at a cheaper price, with better graphics, and no paywall multiplayer.

Yea except you don't get access to all the games on PC. To sit there and deny consoles based on the fact that steam is cheaper is crazy. Some of us have money and don't let money influence our decisions. Some of my best experiences last gen came from my PS3. PC is great too but you need them all to enjoy gaming.
#9ninja_starXPosted 4/10/2014 1:51:58 PM
Garage_Man posted...
Don't choose the thing based on graphics. The PS4 WILL have the better graphics for the entire generation, it just will.

Instead choose based on the...GAMES. Which exclusives do you like more? Which controller do you like better? which console fits your lifestyle more?

Another thing to consider is the fact that If you buy an xbone you have to pay more for getting less. Honestly unless you really like halo the choice should be a no brainer.
#10Jx1010Posted 4/10/2014 1:53:19 PM
NCPwn posted...

Dont listen to this guy.
If he likes PC so much, then he should go back to the PC board.

Besides TC was asking for xbox or ps4.