Why do people like Fighting games? like Killer instinct.

#11Garage_ManPosted 4/10/2014 2:14:02 PM
Why do people like fps games like halo? Gears?

Why do I LOVE turn based RPGs..because it's what I like. If everyone liked the same thing it would be a pretty boring world.
#12DarthUchiha91Posted 4/10/2014 2:18:01 PM(edited)
I've been playing fighting games like tekken, injustice, blazblue for a while now. There is still some skill involved (especially blazeblue).

imo though, I think the genre as a whole became a little more balanced when compared to the old school fighters. A beginner can hold his own after a bit of practice. Not like the older games, where you would be eating everyone's dust if you haven't been playing them since the beginning, and be having those few characters in game that would objectively be better than everyone else.

But one thing I absolutely hate about the genre as of late is how bad the rage quitting have gotten.
---
I murdered a man. He had a wife and two kids.
I slept peacefully.
#13NCPwn(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2014 2:16:39 PM
Garage_Man posted...

Why do I LOVE turn based RPGs..because it's what I like. If everyone liked the same thing it would be a pretty boring world.

Plus i'd be tired of beating up everyone that eyed my wife. am i right?
---
Top 10 Favorite games of all time (in order):
NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Rainbow Moon, Valkyria Chronicles, DAOC, MAG, Tachyon, Myst
#14Reichmaster01Posted 4/10/2014 2:17:18 PM
Garage_Man posted...

But imagine the variety and awesome turn-based RPGs that would come out!
#15DarkHolesPosted 4/10/2014 2:18:14 PM
NCPwn posted...
Combo626 posted...
Are you seriously questioning why people like something you don't?

Yes, because I don't understand why. It would be like me asking why do people steal from others. It's bad and something you shouldn't do, but people do it. why?

You don't like them because you're bad at them, how do i know that you ask? Because you think people mash.
---
How sad must your life be to report a post even for a slight violation
#16NCPwn(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2014 2:19:20 PM
DarkHoles posted...
NCPwn posted...
Combo626 posted...

Yes, because I don't understand why. It would be like me asking why do people steal from others. It's bad and something you shouldn't do, but people do it. why?

You don't like them because you're bad at them, how do i know that you ask? Because you think people mash.

Oh I mash, and I can win sometimes vs someone. But the entire time i'm bored. Bored bored bored of playing it. A reason I can't stand the tales games. It's part RPG/Fighter.
---
Top 10 Favorite games of all time (in order):
NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Rainbow Moon, Valkyria Chronicles, DAOC, MAG, Tachyon, Myst
#17DarkHolesPosted 4/10/2014 2:19:59 PM
DarthUchiha91 posted...
I've been playing fighting games like tekken, injustice, blazblue for a while now. There is still some skill involved (especially blazeblue).

imo though, I think the genre as a whole became a little more balanced when compared to the old school fighters. A beginner can hold his own after a bit of practice. Not like the older games, where you would be eating everyone's dust if you haven't been playing them since the beginning, and be having those few characters in game that would objectively be better than everyone else.

But one thing I absolutely hate about the genre as of late is how bad the rage quitting have gotten.

Yeah ki is a different story, the mp can be brutal.
---
#18DarkHolesPosted 4/10/2014 2:22:42 PM
NCPwn posted...
DarkHoles posted...
NCPwn posted...
Combo626 posted...

Oh I mash, and I can win sometimes vs someone. But the entire time i'm bored. Bored bored bored of playing it. A reason I can't stand the tales games. It's part RPG/Fighter.

Ofcourse your bored if you mash lol, i'm assuming you've recently played ki lol, the combos on ki take a lot of practice to perform and i doubt anybodys mastered them yet lol.
---
#19DarkHolesPosted 4/10/2014 2:24:51 PM
On a fighting game you're supposed to try and out wit your opponent, constantly be on alert. Fighting games are just too intense to be boring if you know how to play.
---
#20WinnsockPosted 4/10/2014 3:21:44 PM
NCPwn posted...
DarkHoles posted...
NCPwn posted...
Combo626 posted...

Of course you're bored, you're mashing instead of learning how to play. Imagine how boring it would be to mash any type of game; you have like no control if you're mashing.
---
GT: Winnsock