Why do people like Fighting games? like Killer instinct.

#21SythisTaruPosted 4/10/2014 3:23:55 PM
I like dippin' wookies in milk and then eatin' they arms off, HE HE!|
#22Cowboy082288Posted 4/10/2014 3:28:48 PM
NCPwn posted...
Most of the time, I watch people play and they smash their meat hands on the controller or "modded" controller and hope for the best. Usually they spout one word expletives or incoherent grunt noises whilst playing.

So I've played a few, but I don't find any fun in that genre. What about fighting games attracts you to the genre. Is it this random smashing? or can someone actually tell me there is skill involved.

Translation: "I suck at fighting games."
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni
#23phillyeagleflysPosted 4/10/2014 4:02:17 PM
I like sport fighting sims. Ones with stamina systems built in to promote strategy and pace over button mashing. Such as MMA games and Boxing games,But I am not gonna knock people who like arcade fighters. That is their preference. Different Strokes for different folks.
---
XBL mattman1228, PSN ManiacMatt1782,
Youtube ManiacMatt1782
#24DavCubePosted 4/10/2014 4:03:50 PM
Did this topic REALLY need the dark turns associated with it? I mean really? Analogies to theft and criminal acts of violence?

"I don't understand how people can have fun with this!"

Here's a better question: Why do you CARE that they're having fun with it? There are so many varied genres out there, of course there are going to be some that any one person won't like. That's just real-world common sense.

I don't like racers, but you don't see me making topics like "How do people like these? You're just driving around in circles listening to hip-hop music." That description sounds stupid, right? Because it is!
---
http://backloggery.com/davcube
#25GrandMast3rPosted 4/10/2014 4:42:47 PM
Well if you like old school martial arts flicks, were born in the 80's or 90's, you most likely grew up playing or knowing about fighting games being very popular at that time. There were arcades, where the fighting game scene was huge, there were crowds of people waiting in line or just watching as players mashed buttons to see the other player lose, and for his friends to cheer them on.

A lot of us still miss that feeling, and while playing modern fighting games today, we still look back to those days that we grew up on. Playing Mortal Kombat, watching reactions to fatalities, playing Street Fighter winning intense matches, etc.

It's not the same when you're at home playing on the console, but the fighting genre has expanded so greatly, that the technical capabilities could be mind blowing. There is so much to learn, to perform, and memorize. Some people are in it for fun, some are in it for the competition. I am somewhere in between. Having a full time job and supporting a family, I can't be competitive lol. But I still own just about every single fighting game there is, and Killer Instinct is by far one of the greatest fighting games ever. The combo system is very deep in this new one.
#26DarkHolesPosted 4/10/2014 4:50:22 PM
phillyeagleflys posted...
I like sport fighting sims. Ones with stamina systems built in to promote strategy and pace over button mashing. Such as MMA games and Boxing games,But I am not gonna knock people who like arcade fighters. That is their preference. Different Strokes for different folks.

All fighters have strategy once you learn them, try playing ki online without strategy lol YOU WILL LOSE.
---
How sad must your life be to report a post even for a slight violation
#27Garage_ManPosted 4/10/2014 5:09:34 PM
Reichmaster01 posted...
Garage_Man posted...
Why do people like fps games like halo? Gears?

Why do I LOVE turn based RPGs..because it's what I like. If everyone liked the same thing it would be a pretty boring world.

But imagine the variety and awesome turn-based RPGs that would come out!

Yea that would be pretty cool. I need variety though. I love a good FPS, TPS, Adventure, RPG...im weird. I can dig almost all of it but that crazy sexual japanese stuff.
#28RS_YELARAKAPosted 4/10/2014 5:38:34 PM
Combo626 posted...
Are you seriously questioning why people like something you don't?

---
GT - YELARAKA (Member of RS Squad) www.twitch.tv/yelaraka
Currently playing - BF4, PvZ:GW, TitanFall, Rayman Legends, PowerStarGolf
#29inuyasha1031Posted 4/10/2014 5:41:31 PM
Why do you care why we like it? If it's not your cup of tea then you can just not play it. Move on with your life.
---
/* Class 5 Vita/3DS Dual Wielder */
#30RayconPosted 4/10/2014 5:51:58 PM
SwiftXZ posted...
For me the last great fighting game was SSBM. Too bad it'll probably never achieve that level of greatness again, so oh well.

Probably the only fighting game I was able to really get into. Just simple enough to grasp, yet enough underlying complexity to suck you in.
---
I must have looked a fool playing with a backwards DS, teary eyed solving a Sudoku puzzle -Lordx718