Wow. Even Zero Punctuation liked Titanfall

#11SythisTaruPosted 4/10/2014 3:46:09 PM
NCPwn posted...
Enclave posted...
gobuffalo30 posted...
For the right price I'd like things too.

Oh please, Titanfall is a good game for what it is. Not my cup of tea as I don't buy EA games and a FPS that doesn't have a single player campaign is a FPS I'll never play. But for what it is? It's an enjoyable game.

I hate story lines in my FPS unless it's halflife.

The best Shooters are Multiplayer focused.
Team Fortress
Counter Strike
MAG
Planetside

But shooter (Well, First-person view) is the best platform for immersive storytelling. We have barely scratched the surface.
#12EnclavePosted 4/10/2014 3:49:52 PM
SythisTaru posted...
But shooter (Well, First-person view) is the best platform for immersive storytelling. We have barely scratched the surface.

I disagree with this SO hard. I cannot disagree with this statement more, I really have to stress that.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#13SythisTaruPosted 4/10/2014 3:51:44 PM
Enclave posted...
SythisTaru posted...

I disagree with this SO hard. I cannot disagree with this statement more, I really have to stress that.

You trolling? Being in the viewpoint of the main character makes YOU (the gamer) the main character. It will only improve with VR headsets.
#14EnclavePosted 4/10/2014 3:56:49 PM
The perspective of a game doesn't necessarily lend itself better to a more immersive experience. I've had 3rd person games that I've gotten incredibly sucked into. Hell, I find the original Fallout to be much more immersive than Fallout 3. Baldur's Gate is another game I found quite immersive, as well as Neverwinter Nights. All 3rd person.

Now, that said? I don't say that 3rd person is superior to 1st person for an immersive experience, it's just different. There's a lot of factors that work together on how immersive a game is, perspective really isn't all that important.

I don't deny that VR will likely be the most immersive, but that's a whole different beast.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#15AarksharkPosted 4/10/2014 4:22:40 PM
"VR"
"Immersion"

Good luck being immersed while you're constantly flipping your head from side to side to turn the camera, constantly feeling the VR brick that's strapped on to your face sliding around.
---
Gamertag/PSN ID/Steam: Navllyk
My FUNK is all that of JUSTICE! I will be the first to grab the napkin, you will be as docile as the winter catfish!
#16BeefEasterPosted 4/10/2014 8:21:25 PM
he never said he liked it

he said he momentarily had fun with it but grew tired of it quickly and thrashed the game for being a ripoff
---
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/003_zps64d8bdd3.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/001_zps33d21332.jpg
#17RayconPosted 4/10/2014 8:49:21 PM
BeefEaster posted...

he said he momentarily had fun with it but grew tired of it quickly and thrashed the game for being a ripoff

Seriously, I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one who watched the video. His final note did not sound like one of approval to me.
---
I must have looked a fool playing with a backwards DS, teary eyed solving a Sudoku puzzle -Lordx718
#18TenzhiPosted 4/10/2014 10:41:05 PM
Raycon posted...
BeefEaster posted...

Seriously, I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one who watched the video. His final note did not sound like one of approval to me.

That was my impression when I watched the review a couple of days ago. Having already watched it I wasn't going to the posted link, but with people thinking it was positive somehow I had to go to the link to make sure it was the same review.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#19AvirosbPosted 4/10/2014 10:47:46 PM
HENTAIDOJI posted...
True next gen
is not a thing yet.
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.
#20crucialPosted 4/15/2014 3:12:09 PM
LOL at VR,its going to flop hard,no one wants a TV/kinect on there face,limited to first person only and wow the headachs,hardcore gamers will hate it.