is Tom Clancy's the Division free to play?

#11gobuffalo30Posted 4/14/2014 3:12:23 PM
I guess it could be free to play if it's bundled digitally without a price decrease.
#12Hidan623Posted 4/14/2014 3:14:13 PM
why are people talking about subscriptions on this game at all in general? did i miss something is this an mmo???
#13KalabamPosted 4/17/2014 1:14:49 PM
Hidan623 posted...
why are people talking about subscriptions on this game at all in general? did i miss something is this an mmo???

That's a good question. I haven't seen any evidence which might suggest that this will be a subscription based game.
#14Hidan623Posted 4/17/2014 1:20:44 PM
Yeah it just looks like a 4 player fully co op game which we have plenty of that weren't even close to sub based.....borderlands for example ENTIRE game is 4 player co op so why would this one be sub based....I must be missing something
#15BilliePilgrimPosted 4/17/2014 1:23:35 PM
I'm willing to bet the game will have an always online requirement.
---
i5 2500k @ 4.4| Corsair H60 | EVGA GTX 670 | MSI P67A-GD55 | 8GB DDR3 1600 | Fractal Design Define XL | 750W PSU
http://i.imgur.com/9bAOZZq.jpg
#16Hidan623Posted 4/17/2014 1:24:36 PM
BilliePilgrim posted...

I can see that happening but I doubt it....they would have said something by now if you ALWAYS had to play with other players.....i hope at least aha
#17BilliePilgrimPosted 4/17/2014 1:26:54 PM
Hidan623 posted...
BilliePilgrim posted...

I can see that happening but I doubt it....they would have said something by now if you ALWAYS had to play with other players.....i hope at least aha

I don't see why they would have said anything about that. They've said very little about the game in general.
---
i5 2500k @ 4.4| Corsair H60 | EVGA GTX 670 | MSI P67A-GD55 | 8GB DDR3 1600 | Fractal Design Define XL | 750W PSU
http://i.imgur.com/9bAOZZq.jpg
#18Hidan623Posted 4/17/2014 1:28:50 PM
BilliePilgrim posted...
Hidan623 posted...
BilliePilgrim posted...

I don't see why they would have said anything about that. They've said very little about the game in general.

Maybe their still deciding on if it will be always online or not haha but i wouldn't mind if it was games like that would get boring playing by myself anyway. Like I never finish GTA games because running around by myself gets boring after a while. And I think I would get that feel from this too but it would still be nice to have the option to play alone.
#19KalabamPosted 4/21/2014 2:41:56 PM
I think an always online requirement is much more likely than a subscription based program. I think a lot of new games are going to require being online depending on the type of game. This one seems like it might be a likely candidate. Hard to say without an official announcement though.
#20DojoMaxPosted 4/21/2014 3:58:37 PM
Kalabam posted...
Hidan623 posted...

That's a good question. I haven't seen any evidence which might suggest that this will be a subscription based game.

Well it does have MMO elements. I mean yea you are in a 4 player squad, that can come across other player squads anywhere in the city at any time. It was made to seem like a persistent online city or world, similar to an MMO.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVN_Ytl_bgA -- Titanfall is better on 360 than XBone.
PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin:DojoMax