Each gen's leading system seller won because of its quality and quantity of RPGs

#1Kyle1022Posted 4/11/2014 1:41:27 AM
SNES
PS1
PS2
DS
3DS currently wrecking the competition

So why don't developers make RPGs anymore?

Can't they just forego the fancy graphics and stick a ton of content in their instead, using PS2-level graphics? Everyone would win, except graphics whores, but nobody cares about them. Lower development costs + more content = happy gamers and happy developers.
---
MSI Z87 G45 | i7-4770k @ 3.5GHz | GTX 660 | 8gb DDR3-1600 | Corsair TX650 | Windows 8.1
Xbox One | PS3 | PS2 | GameCube | N64 | SNES | 3DS | DSi | GBA | GBC
#2Garage_ManPosted 4/11/2014 2:51:42 AM
Where do you live again? Please tell me cause I wanna join. All I hear about from people is multiplayer this and multiplayer that, the last of us, 1080p, fps, blah blah blah blah blah.

Anyways I agree 1000000% I couldn't even imagine what a Final Fantasy game from the ps1 era could be. Something better than FFIX would just be mind blowing. There are so many timeless classics.

What I wanna know is why everyone abandoned turn based, I love it! When you have one character left and have to revive and attack and magic and...anyways it's fun.

Square said they might look into it again...I have as much faith in that as this the this board and the ps4 board becoming friends haha.
#3mewmew42Posted 4/11/2014 3:21:04 AM
Wish most gamers are like you TC

But then again it's the dudebros who are sustaining the gaming industry with their COD & BF4

It is the graphic whores who are buying 2nd son & MGSV, providing financial support for brojima & 1st party devs

I love RPG, wish there are more for last gen or even next gen. But without other games sustaining the industry no company can ever make an rpg

It's boring but all rpg fans have to do is wait
Kingdoms under fire 2
Shadow of mordor
Dragon age 3 inquisition
Lords of the fallen
Bound by flame
Witcher 3

Right now dark souls 2 & south park sot is as good as it gets, but they're not bad titles
#4LEGEND_725Posted 4/11/2014 3:25:22 AM
mewmew42 posted...

But then again it's the dudebros who are sustaining the gaming industry with their COD & BF4

It is the graphic whores who are buying 2nd son & MGSV, providing financial support for brojima & 1st party devs

I love RPG, wish there are more for last gen or even next gen. But without other games sustaining the industry no company can ever make an rpg

Kingdoms under fire 2
Shadow of mordor
Dragon age 3 inquisition
Lords of the fallen
Bound by flame
Witcher 3

Right now dark souls 2 & south park sot is as good as it gets, but they're not bad titles

Get over it nerd cod and bf4 take more skill than any souls game or rpg
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#5mewmew42Posted 4/11/2014 3:34:01 AM
LEGEND_725 posted...
mewmew42 posted...

Kingdoms under fire 2
Shadow of mordor
Dragon age 3 inquisition
Lords of the fallen
Bound by flame
Witcher 3

Pew pew pew

The most profitable target market

Please keep supporting your beloved franchise.by doing so it sustains ubisoft/ EA, so they can make dragon age/child of light and other amazing rpg

Nothing wrong with pew pew, glad you can enjoy a rehashed game year after year, EA/ ubisoft needs your money
#6LEGEND_725Posted 4/11/2014 3:39:25 AM
mewmew42 posted...
LEGEND_725 posted...
mewmew42 posted...

Kingdoms under fire 2
Shadow of mordor
Dragon age 3 inquisition
Lords of the fallen
Bound by flame
Witcher 3

Pew pew pew

The most profitable target market

Please keep supporting your beloved franchise.by doing so it sustains ubisoft/ EA, so they can make dragon age/child of light and other amazing rpg

Nothing wrong with pew pew, glad you can enjoy a rehashed game year after year, EA/ ubisoft needs your money

Omg I have havels greatshield and strafe right lol fps is so casual

Sad elitest nerd
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#7SuperSuikodenPosted 4/11/2014 3:54:23 AM
The problem with of 360 is that its JRPGs didn't stay exclusive moreover, PS3 got enhanced versions.
---
Steam/Xbox 360 Gamertag: Call Me A Hero
3DS FC: 4699-7127-1486 NNID: CallMeAHero
#8Riverraider98Posted 4/11/2014 4:38:27 AM
dude I for one def dont want devs to go this direction... Jrpgs suck nowadays and if every game was a fallout or mass effect those games wouldnt be speacial anymore besides action and sports games are awesome.
---
- "Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed Squaaaaaaaaaaaaaad! Gt: RagnaRok RS 8
#9ThatLaoGuyPosted 4/11/2014 5:14:51 AM
There's definitely a huge market for jrpgs and some truth to this. What tips the favor in one direction or the other, is one will have jrpgs to cater to those that want them and it'll sell more consoles. Face it, both consoles will have their cod and bf and be on equal terms, but one particular console fails in japan.
---
If you want to see grown men online throw tantrums, visit the xbone board.
#10kennyynnooPosted 4/11/2014 5:18:59 AM
Some of us grew up on sports and racing, those games have always gotten better with graphics, animation. I refuse to go backwards in that category, look at that pile of garbage Rbi baseball 14. CGI is ruining gaming, they spend more time making cgi to tell a story then letting a game tell it.
---
Xbox one, PS3, Wii
Play for the games not the evil corporation, they're all evil in the end.