Each gen's leading system seller won because of its quality and quantity of RPGs

#11RockguyKevPosted 4/11/2014 5:37:25 AM
There are roughly 12 billion RPGs on PC with PS2 level graphics that anyone with a computer from the last 10 years can play. Perhaps you should find a way to live outside of your tiny little box.
#12iceman505Posted 4/11/2014 8:13:41 AM
LEGEND_725 posted...
mewmew42 posted...
Wish most gamers are like you TC

But then again it's the dudebros who are sustaining the gaming industry with their COD & BF4

It is the graphic whores who are buying 2nd son & MGSV, providing financial support for brojima & 1st party devs

I love RPG, wish there are more for last gen or even next gen. But without other games sustaining the industry no company can ever make an rpg

It's boring but all rpg fans have to do is wait
Kingdoms under fire 2
Shadow of mordor
Dragon age 3 inquisition
Lords of the fallen
Bound by flame
Witcher 3

Right now dark souls 2 & south park sot is as good as it gets, but they're not bad titles

Get over it nerd cod and bf4 take more skill than any souls game or rpg

LMAO, when it comes to skill based FPS's, COD, and BF are at the bottom. Even Halo makes them look like a joke.
---
Xbox Nation
#13Reflex-ArcPosted 4/11/2014 8:19:09 AM
*Equips Opinion Helm*

+10 buff to My Favorite Genre Is Better Than Your Favorite Genre
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#14Kyle1022(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2014 11:15:07 AM
RockguyKev posted...
There are roughly 12 billion RPGs on PC with PS2 level graphics that anyone with a computer from the last 10 years can play. Perhaps you should find a way to live outside of your tiny little box.

Not sure if serious... *points to computer specs in sig*

And where did I mention sports games or shooters ITT? This is about RPGs
---
MSI Z87 G45 | i7-4770k @ 3.5GHz | GTX 660 | 8gb DDR3-1600 | Corsair TX650 | Windows 8.1
Xbox One | PS3 | PS2 | GameCube | N64 | SNES | 3DS | DSi | GBA | GBC
#1595_EclipsePosted 4/11/2014 11:29:15 AM
Ds And 3ds are different demographics.

Handhelds =\= consoles
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#16Kyle1022(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2014 11:52:16 AM
95_Eclipse posted...
Ds And 3ds are different demographics.

Handhelds =\= consoles

Not really. The handhelds put out numerous lower-budget RPGs that are quality, and those systems sell the most. Similar to how the SNES, PS1, and PS2 sold the most.

Nowadays, however, console RPG developers put too much budget into shiny graphics and not enough time into a good story or gameplay, and the games don't sell nearly what they need them to to recoup their money. These developers are stupid because they fail to realize that most gamers who like RPGs don't give a f*** about graphics. The only people who care about graphics are PC elitists and ignorant console fanboys.
---
MSI Z87 G45 | i7-4770k @ 3.5GHz | GTX 660 | 8gb DDR3-1600 | Corsair TX650 | Windows 8.1
Xbox One | PS3 | PS2 | GameCube | N64 | SNES | 3DS | DSi | GBA | GBC
#17mokmuudPosted 4/11/2014 11:57:43 AM
LEGEND_725 posted...
mewmew42 posted...

But then again it's the dudebros who are sustaining the gaming industry with their COD & BF4

It is the graphic whores who are buying 2nd son & MGSV, providing financial support for brojima & 1st party devs

I love RPG, wish there are more for last gen or even next gen. But without other games sustaining the industry no company can ever make an rpg

Kingdoms under fire 2
Shadow of mordor
Dragon age 3 inquisition
Lords of the fallen
Bound by flame
Witcher 3

Right now dark souls 2 & south park sot is as good as it gets, but they're not bad titles

So much fail in your post Legend.
smh
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#18iceman505Posted 4/14/2014 2:02:21 PM(edited)
Hmmm, thinking back on those times, I'd say it had less to do with abundance of RPG's and more to do with the sheer variety of games available. Largely the somewhat flawed, but still fun games that constituted the now practically extinct middle ground. EDF 2017, and 2025 are good examples of these types of games on 360. "Budget" releases, but still well worth your time. Those were all over the place on PS1/PS2, yet are practically non-existent now.

Most seem to fall into the rushed s***, or Michael Bay size budget AAA categories in recent years. As for SNES "winning" anything, on games that is subjective, and also highly debatable, Sega themselves had quality first party games on all fronts. Furthermore, given that Genesis was "on the market" for far longer than it, *was still on sale as of 2001 due to Majesco producing their own Genesis, and Game Gear systems* I'd say there are at the very least, a few million Genesis sales unaccounted for.

If you want to get even more technical, there is now a Genesis in stores with the typical schtick of having roms loaded onto it, but it also plays the cartridges, and is officially licensed. Meaning Genesis is once again back from the dead. Saw one at Wal-Mart last week, tempted to pick one up next time I see one. So yeah, "SNES dominated" is no longer set in stone. I suspect that at the end of the day given the Genesis tendency to not stay dead, things are far closer than most suspect.
---
Xbox Nation
#19DoukouPosted 4/14/2014 1:59:49 PM
Reflex-Arc posted...
*Equips Opinion Helm*

+10 buff to My Favorite Genre Is Better Than Your Favorite Genre

Sorry but the Reasonable People class can't equip that item.
---
Don't read this sig.
Behold Mumashika, The Japanese horse deer demon http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/46/Mumashika.jpg
#20Hidan623Posted 4/14/2014 2:12:16 PM
LEGEND_725 posted...
mewmew42 posted...

Kingdoms under fire 2
Shadow of mordor
Dragon age 3 inquisition
Lords of the fallen
Bound by flame
Witcher 3

Actually in all honesty skill doesn't determine how good you are in FPS usually........lag alone destroys that notion....unless you are doing system link or split screen skill is out the window.....lag compensation on COD always gives someone the advantage....one player will see another player on their screen before the other at all times due to lag comp.....and BF4 Great game but lets not even get into it about EA servers hahaha