Xbone Titanfall bundle slashed to the same price as a PS4 by two UK retailers

#1dnmtPosted 4/11/2014 5:50:55 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-titanfall-bundle-slashed-to-the-same-price-as-a-ps4-by-two-uk-retailers/1100-6418912/

Another day, another amazing deal on Microsoft's All-in-One Entertaintment System for your Living Room. Better jump on it now you lucky Brits!
#2dnmt(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2014 5:53:45 AM
I can't believe it took the 360 two years to get a pricecut and here you are getting pricecut after bundle after pricecut less than half a year past launch! I wish I were an Englishman. ):
#3Joey-ZazaPosted 4/11/2014 5:55:01 AM
We both know the X1 was overpriced to begin with. These are more balancing acts.

Kind of like the PS3.
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
#4L96A1BOSSPosted 4/11/2014 5:55:05 AM
Get Titanfall $60 only on xbox 360. Pay off to be smart and wait a month jut to see what a rush content lacking it is.
#5extankerPosted 4/11/2014 7:26:01 AM(edited)
dnmt posted...
I wish I were an Englishman. ):

Why? So you could have to pay $585 for an Xbox One? That's the retail price of a PS4 over there. That's the price drop.

When will people realize the 'price cuts' in the UK haven't even brought the price down to what we paid in the US at launch...
#6cheezedadadaPosted 4/11/2014 7:36:45 AM
These prices are just making it competitive and balancing things out. Using the 360 as a comparison to make it sound like the Xbox One is an awful failure doesn't really apply. It was a totally different situation. All these price drops are doing is putting it at the same price as the PS4. Its exactly what it needs. I am glad its not $100 more than the competition.
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4 and everything else. Gamefaqs: Where "gamers" limit themselves to one platform.
#7cheezedadadaPosted 4/11/2014 7:41:52 AM
extanker posted...
dnmt posted...

Why? So you could have to pay $585 for an Xbox One? That's the retail price of a PS4 over there. That's the price drop.

When will people realize the 'price cuts' in the UK haven't even brought the price down to what we paid in the US at launch...

Because acknowledging it's still pretty expensive doesn't degrade the product like intended. These threads are not out to help people save money, they are only here to say "hey look, this awful Xbox One sucks so bad it keeps getting price drops". It usually backfires and people pick them up, so whatever. They actually help even though they are meant to be passive aggressive.
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4 and everything else. Gamefaqs: Where "gamers" limit themselves to one platform.
#8FPS_hitmanPosted 4/11/2014 7:48:37 AM
No they don't ..... Besides the sheep people see it for what it is an act of desperation. For every sheep they trick even more 360 owners cross over to the PC and PS4.
#9richboy900Posted 4/11/2014 7:55:26 AM
Joey-Zaza posted...
We both know the X1 was overpriced to begin with. These are more balancing acts.

Kind of like the PS3.

This. But also the fact the 360 was a pure beast of a machine in it's early days and made first and foremost for gaming.
#10schmarkenheimerPosted 4/11/2014 8:07:05 AM
cheezedadada posted...
extanker posted...
dnmt posted...

Because acknowledging it's still pretty expensive doesn't degrade the product like intended. These threads are not out to help people save money, they are only here to say "hey look, this awful Xbox One sucks so bad it keeps getting price drops". It usually backfires and people pick them up, so whatever. They actually help even though they are meant to be passive aggressive.

The price drop is almost $135 (according to google 80 = $133.85), which is more than the difference between the PS4 and X1 at launch in the US. That's why it's pretty big.
---
Post of the ****ing year. - crimsyn_76 Best. Example. Ever. - Veliconis
Epic. - Xade76 Want to run that by us in English instead of Derp, champ? - pies12