we've been waiting for years, how much longer do we need to wait for the kinect?

#1lilj812Posted 4/11/2014 9:39:13 AM
I've been hearing on this board that we need to wait for developers to start implementing the Kinect into more games and for them to start making Kinect centered gamss.

My question is, why do we need to continue to wait? This isn't the first Kinect, it's been around for a long time and developers had access to it each time they made an Xbox one game.

How much longer should we wait before killer apps come out for the kinect?
---
"Worlds best heel"
"I really don't understand the irrational hatred a lot of people have for IE. It's not a bad browser." El Pollo Diablo87
#2rizzerPosted 4/11/2014 9:44:25 AM
not sure it will ever have a'killer' app per se... it's integration IMO is more about navigation, voice recognition, facial recognition etc it's integral to MS and their directive as a all in one device. Gaming Kinect seems to be 'in addition too' not a all out game that has you standing and whaling about... that's what VR is for :)
#3DarthUchiha91Posted 4/11/2014 9:44:50 AM
Depends on how much longer you will continue to whine about the kinect.
---
I murdered a man. He had a wife and two kids.
I slept peacefully.
#4NCPwnPosted 4/11/2014 9:45:02 AM
im still waiting for Guild wars 2 to be good.
---
Top 10 Favorite games of all time (in order):
NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Rainbow Moon, Valkyria Chronicles, DAOC, MAG, Tachyon, Myst
#5chicken8orPosted 4/11/2014 9:45:02 AM
I hope somebody gets off of their ass soon. The kinect doesn't have to be the center of a game, but you can make it useful in so many ways.

If anybody here played Skyrim before/after kinect integration they know that the kinect can make games much more enjoyable without being the center of attention.

That being said, kinect games are fun, especially with a younger crowd. I'm an older and more "mature" gamer, but I'll admit to having way more fun than I should have playing Dance Dance Revolution and Kinect Sports with my little sisters on the kinect.
---
GT: Chicken8or -Epic Halo 4 moment below!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW2_eKmm7o8
#6TPZmikezPosted 4/11/2014 9:45:30 AM
TC is a known troll on these boards.

/topic
---
You down with O.P.P?
People that answered correctly: 45
#7lilj812(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2014 10:03:16 AM
TPZmikez posted...
TC is a known troll on these boards.

/topic

Yea.. you know me. (Update the Sig of your please)

The Xbox is a gaming console first and foremost (ask the president) so the Kinect should be used mostly for games. If it's more of an add on feature it can still be offered and still fit in with their vision of the future.

The Kinect should be optional to purchase because not everyone wants to pay for the extra small features (like voice commands).
---
"Worlds best heel"
"I really don't understand the irrational hatred a lot of people have for IE. It's not a bad browser." El Pollo Diablo87
#8Jptremblay13Posted 4/11/2014 10:06:59 AM
Do people even uses the kinects fonction for like Ryse or Forza 5 ?
#9Sith JediPosted 4/11/2014 10:07:44 AM
Mark and move on people, he posts the same topics several times every day.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/Bandin6385/
#10GambitbuzzkillPosted 4/11/2014 10:15:26 AM
lilj812 posted...
I've been hearing on this board that we need to wait for developers to start implementing the Kinect into more games and for them to start making Kinect centered gamss.

My question is, why do we need to continue to wait? This isn't the first Kinect, it's been around for a long time and developers had access to it each time they made an Xbox one game.

lilj812 posted...

I wonder how a snickerdoodle ice cream sammich would taste
---
Gametag-BLOODLUST66
PSN-Dalust66