we've been waiting for years, how much longer do we need to wait for the kinect?

#21TheGam3925Posted 4/11/2014 10:59:25 AM
AceAndJunpei posted...
The Kinect 2 has several great games built around it, such as...uhhh...yeah.

Fighter Within.
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
#22cmincPosted 4/11/2014 11:02:35 AM
Between xbox fitness, dance games and occassional implementation in other titles, i think it's doing okay. Rivals was a bit of a let down contentwise, but we'll probably end up seeing a lot of download only things at e3 that reinforce what the new kinect can bring to the table.

Beyond all that, i like how it's becoming an input option instead of a requirement in things like dead rising 3, personally.
---
MSI Z87-G45 | I7-4771 Turbo | GTX 770 4GB GDDR5 | Corsair HX 850W |
Kingston Hyper X 8GB DDR3 | Seagate 1TB 128 MB Cache HD | RS Challenger Case |
#23MrImpatient35Posted 4/11/2014 11:05:08 AM
I wish games could also make me a steak.
---
FML
#24Cowboy082288Posted 4/11/2014 11:05:19 AM
lilj812 posted...
I find it hilarious that people cry that it's me in the thread rather than simply talking about the topic.

Xbox fans talk about, if everyone has a Kinect developers will be more inclined to use it, I'm simply asking how long do we have to wait?

Kinect has been around for years.

Maybe this is why:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/69002870

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/68996255

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/68998955

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/68952773

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/68881298

I could go on but tired of looking it up. Your intentions on this board are painfully obvious. Hence why those that recognize you are not interested in discussing anything with you.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni
#25AceAndJunpeiPosted 4/11/2014 11:10:15 AM
TheGam3925 posted...
AceAndJunpei posted...
The Kinect 2 has several great games built around it, such as...uhhh...yeah.

Fighter Within.

Oh yeah! This gen's best exclusive, how did I forget that?!
---
Now Playing: MGS5 Ground Zeroes, Second Son (PS4), DKTF (WiiU), Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3), Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z (PC) Dead Rising 3 (no)
#26vega2505Posted 4/11/2014 11:28:13 AM
Might as well ask why no one develops for the virtual boy, it's been around far longer.

The only reason kinect is still around is because MS refuses to let it die like they should and instead thinks that by forcing it on users that that's going to somehow force people to use it or develop for it...at least Sony realized that motion controls are dumb and dropped the wand...Nintendo switched over to a tablet which is a much more mainstream casual way of interacting with games...and then there's MS, still stuck in the past and clinging to their bad ideas.

Motion controls have gone the way of guitar hero, MS just refuses to let all that money they invested go away due to their bad investments in gimmicky fads.
---
I used to be a Street Fighter like you...then I took a Spiral Arrow to the knee.
#27TrueGBPosted 4/11/2014 12:03:19 PM
There is certainly no reason why the Kinect can't be used to free up a few buttons on the controller. And if other publishers are worried losing buttons restricts multiplatform gaming, then they should just move those lost buttons to a second controller. Did the Reload button become exclusive to Kinect hand gestures? Fine, allow me to plug in a second controller and make THAT controller have the Reload button.

Or maybe actually USE that keyboard functionality all consoles have...
---
Future Billionaire
#28TeraPatrick2008Posted 4/11/2014 12:13:15 PM
lilj812 posted...
How much longer should we wait before killer apps come out for the kinect?

There ARE killer apps. There are Yoga, Sports and Fitness apps and some other stuff MILFs like Kinect for.
#29lilj812(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2014 12:28:41 PM
TeraPatrick2008 posted...
lilj812 posted...
How much longer should we wait before killer apps come out for the kinect?

There ARE killer apps. There are Yoga, Sports and Fitness apps and some other stuff MILFs like Kinect for.

@.@

This, combined with your screen name..... this is one of the best posts of all time on this board.
---
"Worlds best heel"
"I really don't understand the irrational hatred a lot of people have for IE. It's not a bad browser." El Pollo Diablo87
#30Golden MavenPosted 4/11/2014 1:34:31 PM
lilj812 posted...
The Xbox is a gaming console first and foremost (ask the president) so the Kinect should be used mostly for games. If it's more of an add on feature it can still be offered and still fit in with their vision of the future.

Hello Josh!

*waves*

Let me address your concern. The XBox is more than a gaming machine. Microsoft is clearly pushing it as an "all-in-one" entertainment device, which is not a bad strategy now that people expect more functionality on their T.V.

As far as having Kinect used in games, the device is especially useful for party games. That much is obvious right off the bat.

Please be a little more patient. The XBox One came out a few months ago, there are still years ahead of us. Microsoft might just surprise you and go beyond your imagination.