Sequel or Prequel, which do you prefer?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Sequel or Prequel, which do you prefer?
1 year ago#1
Sequel v Prequel? - Results (48 votes)
Sequel
89.58% (43 votes)
Prequel
10.42% (5 votes)
This poll is now closed.
With the news of the new Borderlands "pre-sequel" coming out which takes place between the first and second game, I was interested to see what my fellow gamers preferred. I happen to like sequels more, I have never been a fan of prequels as I feel they don't add much to the lore of the universe and they tend to be quick cash grabs.

Halo: Reach is my least favourite Halo game because of this, I didn't feel like I did not need to know what happened in Reach in order for me to enjoy the Halo universe, I wish Bungie had just gone straight to Halo 4. It seems like the main reason for this "pre-sequel" in Borderlands is because they wanted to add more depth to Handsome Jacks character, but why do I need to know about him when we end up killing anyways?

Am I in the minority or majority when it comes to sequels > prequels?

http://m.pcgamer.com/2014/04/09/borderlands-the-pre-sequel-qa-randy-pitchford-on-why-this-isnt-borderlands-3-and-how-he-loves-to-play-on-pc/#prev
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
If you want to troll, provide a source to backup your claims.
1 year ago#2
Deus Ex: Human Revolution was a prequel, and I thought it was the better game.
It honestly depends how it's done. I don't think a sequel or a prequel really defines if a game is going to be good or not.
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
1 year ago#3
Even though I had enjoy more sequels than prequels (isn't saying much since there are a lot more sequels out there than prequels), they in of itself doesn't really have a bearing on whether I would enjoy the game.
---
I murdered a man. He had a wife and two kids.
I slept peacefully.
1 year ago#4
Other: new IP.
---
http://tinyurl.com/d4uh227
1 year ago#5
If it's a game, I don't care as long as the gameplay is good. Now movies I would definitely prefer sequel over prequel. (Star Wars for example)
1 year ago#6
Sequel
1 year ago#7
Sequel game and Prequel movie
---
Steam/Xbox 360 Gamertag: Call Me A Hero
3DS FC: 4699-7127-1486 NNID: CallMeAHero
1 year ago#8
It really depends, it works for some not for others.
---
Couldn't care less = you don't care one single bit.
Could care less = you do care, at least a little.
1 year ago#9
Bump for more opinions.
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
If you want to troll, provide a source to backup your claims.
1 year ago#10
Need to do a prequel like X-Men first class, make you want to see how the characters use to behave before they got more mature.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Sequel or Prequel, which do you prefer?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived