Consumer entitlement and why it's just wasted air.

#1Spartan_VicePosted 4/11/2014 10:47:29 AM
I don't get it, maybe somebody can help me understand it here. Every year Consumer Reports or some other **** comes out with the worst company's of the year, and every year EA is in the top 5 and every year gamers just spread that like herpes and go "Blah blah blah, they're so garbage, I'm never buying an EA product again.", and I have to ask, what are you proving? Because every year, despite these reports and consumers voting this, EA always ends up in the black. Do people just like to accomplish nothing as a voice? Is wasting time and oxygen and energy the hip new thing?

I mean clearly by the numbers people are just complaining about the company and then going on and buying their product despite what they've said. Clearly, as Titanfall shows, they're not suffering at all from any of this "bad press". To add to that, people get whiny at how EA handles the bad press with such arrogance. Y'know what, good for them, if I was head of marketing I'd be soooo much worse with the arrogance. I'd be making videos of rolling around in money, making rude gestures, flipping off consumers, because honestly it's not like the consumer deserves their money back. People who keep buying into what they consider a miserable system are society's litmus test for the typical ignorant consumer who's been habituated to perfection.

If you're going to go around toting your "fight for consumer rights", then put up or shut up, because if anything has been proven over the past half a decade, it's that you can be considered a garbage company by the public and still make money off that very public.
---
Original GTA: Online Awesome Creator
http://i.imgur.com/Pzq4j.gif
#2Joey-ZazaPosted 4/11/2014 10:58:55 AM(edited)
So you don't think that adding online passes is more important than the housing market crash caused by Bank's like Bank of America?

I mean think about how stupid that sounds. Clearly, online passes are WAY WORSE for a consumer than some stupid economy tanking and millions of people losing their homes.

Get your priorities straight. Jesus.

Who even needs a home if you can't even play games online due to online passes?
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
#3X_F_L_A_W_XPosted 4/11/2014 10:58:32 AM
Spartan_Vice posted...
I don't get it, maybe somebody can help me understand it here. Every year Consumer Reports or some other **** comes out with the worst company's of the year, and every year EA is in the top 5 and every year gamers just spread that like herpes and go "Blah blah blah, they're so garbage, I'm never buying an EA product again.", and I have to ask, what are you proving? Because every year, despite these reports and consumers voting this, EA always ends up in the black. Do people just like to accomplish nothing as a voice? Is wasting time and oxygen and energy the hip new thing?

I mean clearly by the numbers people are just complaining about the company and then going on and buying their product despite what they've said. Clearly, as Titanfall shows, they're not suffering at all from any of this "bad press". To add to that, people get whiny at how EA handles the bad press with such arrogance. Y'know what, good for them, if I was head of marketing I'd be soooo much worse with the arrogance. I'd be making videos of rolling around in money, making rude gestures, flipping off consumers, because honestly it's not like the consumer deserves their money back. People who keep buying into what they consider a miserable system are society's litmus test for the typical ignorant consumer who's been habituated to perfection.

If you're going to go around toting your "fight for consumer rights", then put up or shut up, because if anything has been proven over the past half a decade, it's that you can be considered a garbage company by the public and still make money off that very public.

Your entire argument is invalid because it assumes the same people complaining are the ones who go out and buy the games they said they wouldn't. There's a term "vocal minority" for a reason; despite how many people you might see complain on a message board, they make up a very small portion of how many people are actually playing video games.

I don't even care about this subject because I'm not one of those people in question who makes those kind of statements, but I can't stand when people group the entire gaming community under an umbrella and brand them as hypocrites when they're not looking at the big picture themselves.
---
We all give up eventually...
#4Spartan_Vice(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2014 10:58:55 AM
Joey-Zaza posted...
So you don't think that adding online passes is more important than the housing market crash caused by Bank's like Bank of America?

I mean think about how stupid that sounds. Clearly, online passes are WAY WORSE for a consumer than some stupid economy tanking and millions of people losing their homes.

Get your priorities straight. Jesus.

That's the point I'm making though. These people are voting EA above companies that have caused global economic failure. There are bigger fish to fry, consumers are just stupid and think about themselves.
---
#5Spartan_Vice(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2014 10:59:57 AM
X_F_L_A_W_X posted...
Spartan_Vice posted...

Your entire argument is invalid because it assumes the same people complaining are the ones who go out and buy the games they said they wouldn't. There's a term "vocal minority" for a reason; despite how many people you might see complain on a message board, they make up a very small portion of how many people are actually playing video games.

I don't even care about this subject because I'm not one of those people in question who makes those kind of statements, but I can't stand when people group the entire gaming community under an umbrella and brand them as hypocrites when they're not looking at the big picture themselves.

Vocal Minority doesn't come into account when it's voted in the top 5 for Consumer Reports, that's no longer a vocal minority. You're only assuming it's a minority to make your argument sound like its sensible.
---
#6Joey-ZazaPosted 4/11/2014 11:00:35 AM
Think about all the millions of foreclosures. Then think about all those poor people who had to pay $10 to play some video games online.

What's the point in even owning a home at all if you have to pay $10 to play games online?
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
#7X_F_L_A_W_XPosted 4/11/2014 11:06:30 AM
Spartan_Vice posted...
X_F_L_A_W_X posted...
Spartan_Vice posted...

Vocal Minority doesn't come into account when it's voted in the top 5 for Consumer Reports, that's no longer a vocal minority. You're only assuming it's a minority to make your argument sound like its sensible.

You mean to tell me that, of all the people who are buying the games from these companies, a majority of them are going to care enough to go to a site and vote on who the worst company in America is?

Open your eyes, polls like that are only voted on by people like those who visit this board and actually spend time looking up video game-related news on the internet. A vast majority of the "casuals" that are always complained about are the ones buying the games produced by these large companies because they don't care enough about things like DRM, online passes, etc. to go on a random website and vote for EA as being one of the worst companies. For lack of a better term, we're all nerds here, and we look far more into video games and company practices than any typical buyer would care to do.

If you don't want to realize that, then continue making these blanket statements; anyone with common sense understands what's really going on.
---
#8Spartan_Vice(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2014 11:07:59 AM
X_F_L_A_W_X posted...
Spartan_Vice posted...
X_F_L_A_W_X posted...
Spartan_Vice posted...

You mean to tell me that, of all the people who are buying the games from these companies, a majority of them are going to care enough to go to a site and vote on who the worst company in America is?

Open your eyes, polls like that are only voted on by people like those who visit this board and actually spend time looking up video game-related news on the internet. A vast majority of the "casuals" that are always complained about are the ones buying the games produced by these large companies because they don't care enough about things like DRM, online passes, etc. to go on a random website and vote for EA as being one of the worst companies. For lack of a better term, we're all nerds here, and we look far more into video games and company practices than any typical buyer would care to do.

If you don't want to realize that, then continue making these blanket statements; anyone with common sense understands what's really going on.

Do you actually have anything to back up your point, or are you just going to talk through anecdotal evidence and logical fallacies for this entire argument? Because if so, please feel free to not waste my time.
---
#9X_F_L_A_W_XPosted 4/11/2014 11:11:02 AM
Spartan_Vice posted...
Do you actually have anything to back up your point, or are you just going to talk through anecdotal evidence and logical fallacies for this entire argument? Because if so, please feel free to not waste my time.

Please, present me with the evidence you have that shows the same people complaining are the ones buying the games. You must have some, because otherwise our arguments would be based on the same thing, assumption, and apparently mine doesn't count in your eyes.
---
#10Joey-ZazaPosted 4/11/2014 11:11:07 AM
Winston Churchill once said "You want to see a problem with Democracy just have a 5 minute conversation with an average voter."
---