Consumer entitlement and why it's just wasted air.

#11Spartan_Vice(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2014 11:16:18 AM
X_F_L_A_W_X posted...
Spartan_Vice posted...
Do you actually have anything to back up your point, or are you just going to talk through anecdotal evidence and logical fallacies for this entire argument? Because if so, please feel free to not waste my time.

Please, present me with the evidence you have that shows the same people complaining are the ones buying the games. You must have some, because otherwise our arguments would be based on the same thing, assumption, and apparently mine doesn't count in your eyes.

So your argument is that consumers wouldn't have the time to go on a website and complain, but non-consumers would waste their time voting a game company for reasons that don't directly effect them?
---
Original GTA: Online Awesome Creator
http://i.imgur.com/Pzq4j.gif
#12Joey-ZazaPosted 4/11/2014 11:25:31 AM
The internet is full of sociopaths. They think it's funny to vote EA worse than Bank of America just because. Don't try to understand the psychology behind it it's just not worth YOUR breath.
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
#13X_F_L_A_W_XPosted 4/11/2014 11:38:03 AM
Spartan_Vice posted...
X_F_L_A_W_X posted...
Spartan_Vice posted...
Do you actually have anything to back up your point, or are you just going to talk through anecdotal evidence and logical fallacies for this entire argument? Because if so, please feel free to not waste my time.

Please, present me with the evidence you have that shows the same people complaining are the ones buying the games. You must have some, because otherwise our arguments would be based on the same thing, assumption, and apparently mine doesn't count in your eyes.

So your argument is that consumers wouldn't have the time to go on a website and complain, but non-consumers would waste their time voting a game company for reasons that don't directly effect them?

I'm going to have to repeat myself, I see.

People on gaming-related sites are, whether you want to accept it or not, a very small group of people who actually play video games. All the hate you see towards a company like EA is going to be abundant on sites populated by people who care enough about gaming to take the time to sign up for a site and post their thoughts on a message board like this one. These "non-consumers" are the people who care about the industry in general, so they're going to take the time and point out these bad business practices, yes.

The people buying the games that are complained about here do not care about bad business practices. They're not looking at the industry as a whole, they're not making accounts on GameFAQs to talk about video games in their free time, and they're certainly not hunting down the Worst Company in America poll and finding out what round they can vote for EA.

Like I said, these are 2 different groups of people. The people who you see posting on video game sites care enough about video games as a hobby to discuss it with others; the "casual" player (for lack of a better term) isn't going to spend their free time complaining about games online because it isn't important enough for them to do so. Why do you think you saw so much hate for the Wii's waggle controls last gen? You didn't see much praise for it from video game sites, but the console sold like water in the Sahara because the people buying it didn't care whether it was good for the industry or not, just like the people buying EA's games.

I don't know how much more clearly I can put it. I've already spent too much time trying to make this as simple to understand as possible; if you don't get it by now then it's your loss. Ignorance is bliss, I suppose.
---
We all give up eventually...
#14Spartan_Vice(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2014 11:40:39 AM
X_F_L_A_W_X posted...
Spartan_Vice posted...
X_F_L_A_W_X posted...
Spartan_Vice posted...

I'm going to have to repeat myself, I see.

People on gaming-related sites are, whether you want to accept it or not, a very small group of people who actually play video games. All the hate you see towards a company like EA is going to be abundant on sites populated by people who care enough about gaming to take the time to sign up for a site and post their thoughts on a message board like this one. These "non-consumers" are the people who care about the industry in general, so they're going to take the time and point out these bad business practices, yes.

The people buying the games that are complained about here do not care about bad business practices. They're not looking at the industry as a whole, they're not making accounts on GameFAQs to talk about video games in their free time, and they're certainly not hunting down the Worst Company in America poll and finding out what round they can vote for EA.

Like I said, these are 2 different groups of people. The people who you see posting on video game sites care enough about video games as a hobby to discuss it with others; the "casual" player (for lack of a better term) isn't going to spend their free time complaining about games online because it isn't important enough for them to do so. Why do you think you saw so much hate for the Wii's waggle controls last gen? You didn't see much praise for it from video game sites, but the console sold like water in the Sahara because the people buying it didn't care whether it was good for the industry or not, just like the people buying EA's games.

I don't know how much more clearly I can put it. I've already spent too much time trying to make this as simple to understand as possible; if you don't get it by now then it's your loss. Ignorance is bliss, I suppose.

It's not how you explain it that's flawed, it's your argument itself. I can write you a novel on how Xenu is our lord and controller, but doing so doesn't make it an actual counter-point.
---
#15X_F_L_A_W_XPosted 4/11/2014 12:02:17 PM
The only reason I'm going to even bother replying is because I saw you have this exchange in the very next topic on this board:

Spartan_Vice posted...
LEGEND_KILLERRR posted...
Spartan_Vice posted...
By everybody, you mean a single IGN columnist. You're right, that amount of outrage IS staggering.

go read the comments and the comments of it being released and the trailer

the fact is that someone in the industry can ask these questionslike where's my outlast or mercenary kings or whatever nobody cares to ask

It's less than 300 comments, and I have no clue what those games are. I know what Magic is, don't play it, but it's a huge culture, reasonably larger than the fanbase of those... games I assume, that you mentioned.

Now, just take that mindset and apply it to a larger scale. The ones complaining are such a small part of the "huge culture" of video games in general, just like the concept you're pointing out in that topic. Why you feel it applies to that situation and not this one is beyond me.

Regardless, I know none of what I'm saying is getting through to you, so I give up. Happy gaming.
---
We all give up eventually...
#16Spartan_Vice(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2014 12:06:35 PM
X_F_L_A_W_X posted...
The only reason I'm going to even bother replying is because I saw you have this exchange in the very next topic on this board:

Spartan_Vice posted...
LEGEND_KILLERRR posted...
Spartan_Vice posted...
By everybody, you mean a single IGN columnist. You're right, that amount of outrage IS staggering.

go read the comments and the comments of it being released and the trailer

the fact is that someone in the industry can ask these questionslike where's my outlast or mercenary kings or whatever nobody cares to ask

It's less than 300 comments, and I have no clue what those games are. I know what Magic is, don't play it, but it's a huge culture, reasonably larger than the fanbase of those... games I assume, that you mentioned.

Now, just take that mindset and apply it to a larger scale. The ones complaining are such a small part of the "huge culture" of video games in general, just like the concept you're pointing out in that topic. Why you feel it applies to that situation and not this one is beyond me.

Regardless, I know none of what I'm saying is getting through to you, so I give up. Happy gaming.

Because they're different situations. Have any more straws to pick at?
---
#17longnutsPosted 4/11/2014 12:07:31 PM
All hail Lord Xenu!
---
Consoles currently hooked up to my tv: xb1, ps4, xbox 360, ps3, wii, atari 2600
PSN: LONGNUTTZ XBL: xLONGNUTTSx
#18garainePosted 4/11/2014 12:19:01 PM
I got a question for TC.. Just want to make this clear from what I've read. Is it entirely impossible that the people complaining about these companies and the ones buying the games are 2 different sets of people?
---
GameFlux: Unofficial GameFAQs board browser
#19Spartan_Vice(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2014 12:21:38 PM
garaine posted...
I got a question for TC.. Just want to make this clear from what I've read. Is it entirely impossible that the people complaining about these companies and the ones buying the games are 2 different sets of people?

It's possible, but that doesn't make it the case.
---
#20garainePosted 4/11/2014 12:36:10 PM
Spartan_Vice posted...
garaine posted...

It's possible, but that doesn't make it the case.

Of course..No one here knows the real reason. All we are saying is that it is 1 possible cause. I'm sure their are a few out there that just like to complain and still buy the games. I'm hoping that's not a majority case. If it is the human race has sunk really low.
---
GameFlux: Unofficial GameFAQs board browser