Kinect Sports Rivals failed to be the killer app it was supposed to be...

#1fhsfootball74Posted 4/11/2014 10:56:39 AM
What could Xbox One possibly have left?
---
Blue Jackets, Columbus Crew, Reds, Bengals, Buckeyes,Tottenham Hotspur
PSN-fhsfootball74 NNID- returnoftheryan Xbox Live-Returnoftheryan
#2LEGEND_725Posted 4/11/2014 10:59:32 AM
Best exclusives, online service, controller, and actual innovation? Plus kinect sports is fun.... Ouch

Oh and

ryse has best graphics on console

So yeah.... That

:)
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#3MRL3G3NDPosted 4/11/2014 11:00:15 AM
they could not have thought that was a killer app lmao

but hey...that's ms' style... they go in the lab...make something they like...then spend millions in PR to convince you that you want it... or they just shove it down your throat.
---
TITANFALL+GOOD MUSIC
http://youtu.be/QmwqqAq0GxM
#4SorbetowulfPosted 4/11/2014 11:08:49 AM
MRL3G3ND posted...
they could not have thought that was a killer app lmao

but hey...that's ms' style... they go in the lab...make something they like...then spend millions in PR to convince you that you want it... or they just shove it down your throat.

I don't know where you live, but here there was very little in the way of advertising for Kinect Sports Rivals. There were previews online and in the rags, but no more or less than any other release to speak of during the same period of time. The number millions as it relates to advertising dollars is fairly subjective and relative, but KSR had nowhere near the amout of publicity as the other big name games released last month, in the form of Titanfall and Infamous, nor, by the amount of exposure in my experience, as South Park: Stick of Truth or even PvZ.

And I fail to see how any company selling a commercial product "shoves" said product down your throats, even big bad M$. You are given the choice whether to spend your money on said product, and at no point is said money stolen from your wallet without consent. If something doesn't appeal to you, you can opt out. That's how consumerism works.
---
GT: NE OBL1V1SCAR1S
#5AwayFromHerePosted 4/11/2014 11:11:56 AM
Sorbetowulf posted...

I don't know where you live, but here there was very little in the way of advertising for Kinect Sports Rivals. There were previews online and in the rags, but no more or less than any other release to speak of during the same period of time. The number millions as it relates to advertising dollars is fairly subjective and relative, but KSR had nowhere near the amout of publicity as the other big name games released last month, in the form of Titanfall and Infamous, nor, by the amount of exposure in my experience, as South Park: Stick of Truth or even PvZ.

And I fail to see how any company selling a commercial product "shoves" said product down your throats, even big bad M$. You are given the choice whether to spend your money on said product, and at no point is said money stolen from your wallet without consent. If something doesn't appeal to you, you can opt out. That's how consumerism works.

Well, in the US, there have been commercials every other ad break. I saw it three f***ing times during Agents of Shield.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#6kennyynnooPosted 4/11/2014 11:22:10 AM
AwayFromHere posted...
Sorbetowulf posted...

Well, in the US, there have been commercials every other ad break. I saw it three f***ing times during Agents of Shield.

People watch commercials? I just dvr and skip, I've never seen an ad but I try to avoid commercials.
---
Xbox one, PS3, Wii
Play for the games not the evil corporation, they're all evil in the end.
#7matt-nicklinPosted 4/11/2014 11:35:55 AM
kennyynnoo posted...
AwayFromHere posted...
Sorbetowulf posted...

People watch commercials? I just dvr and skip, I've never seen an ad but I try to avoid commercials.

I agree but even when your skipping ahead you still notice them.
---
3DS FC: 4253-3827-3643 (Pansear, Larvesta, Braixen)
IGN - Matthew. PM if adding me
#8necro00Posted 4/11/2014 12:10:52 PM
The game looks amazing and most events are really fun. Love rock climbing
#9edlowfilthslayrPosted 4/11/2014 12:14:33 PM
I was surprised how much I enjoy it. The Kinect works better than I expected it to, so I recommended it to a friend who ended up liking it as well. I don't think it was supposed to be a killer app but it's a good representation of what the Kinect is capable of, so that should shut up some of the detractors of it.
---
Then Big Man's nipples went crazy!...
#10necro00Posted 4/11/2014 12:17:09 PM
edlowfilthslayr posted...
I was surprised how much I enjoy it. The Kinect works better than I expected it to, so I recommended it to a friend who ended up liking it as well. I don't think it was supposed to be a killer app but it's a good representation of what the Kinect is capable of, so that should shut up some of the detractors of it.

most of the detractors don't own the system so they won't be able to experience accurate the Kinect is