accidentally turned my One on and quickly turned it off without thinking

#1koichiPosted 4/11/2014 1:46:21 PM
Any chance i damaged the OS data? Seems to be turning on and running just fine, but damn if im not paranoid.
---
"It seems to have run its course, gone off course, rolled down a cliff, hit a cow and then exploded."~Sven(About a thread.)
#2EnclavePosted 4/11/2014 1:56:42 PM
Impossible to "damage the OS data" in such a way. Don't worry so much.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#3AnakeriePosted 4/11/2014 1:59:53 PM
Oh sure, it may LOOK fine, but when you come home to find your children sobbing in the corner, your wife ravaged, your llama missing, and your XBox One standing there covered in blood and giggling like a fiend, you will regret your actions upon this day.
---
GT: CrampedSultana PSN: Ana Kerie
Pawn: Zarianna. CARPE LAMA GLAMA
#4ACHEEKSMALLOYPosted 4/11/2014 2:20:56 PM
no os damage but since the government keeps track of your profile data they are now aware of your suspicious activities and should be arriving at your door soon to discuss why you turned off the bone so quick
---
Gamertag: ALMIGHTY CHEEKS
http://almighty-cheeks.deviantart.com/
#5Joey-ZazaPosted 4/11/2014 2:22:50 PM
Typically the X-box doesn't need a lot of maintenance if you keep it on. Just keep a bowl of food and water next to it, and a little box somewhere like the kitchen or bathroom.
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
#6crynryanPosted 4/11/2014 4:45:04 PM
Enclave posted...
Impossible to "damage the OS data" in such a way. Don't worry so much.

This. When your console is booting up, it's only reading from the hard drive. All that will happen is everything that was loaded is just cleared from memory since it turns off/loses power.

When installing new firmware updates, your console is rewriting critical files needed to work. When those files aren't completely overwritten, or they're missing pieces, is when you have a brick.
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
#7uniquebadgerPosted 4/11/2014 4:58:34 PM
Yes your broke it. Throw it in the trash.
#8RayconPosted 4/11/2014 5:20:05 PM
Anakerie posted...
Oh sure, it may LOOK fine, but when you come home to find your children sobbing in the corner, your wife ravaged, your llama missing, and your XBox One standing there covered in blood and giggling like a fiend, you will regret your actions upon this day.

*ctrl+f llama*

You never let me down.

= )
---
I must have looked a fool playing with a backwards DS, teary eyed solving a Sudoku puzzle -Lordx718