With the news coming out that Trials Fusion runs at 900p on the X1

#1dolablaPosted 4/11/2014 2:57:34 PM(edited)
What can Microsoft do to keep this from ever happening again? Is DX12 going to be powerful enough to make up the difference?
#2LEGEND_725Posted 4/11/2014 2:58:22 PM
Idk ryse is 900p and it roflstomps any 1080p ps4 exclusive
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#3BaronVladzPosted 4/11/2014 3:05:57 PM
From the other thread

Garage_Man posted...
BaronVladz posted...
OkayPlayer1 posted...
From the article...

"At the same time, while the Xbox One version of Trials Fusion renders at 900p, the system upscales that to 1080p. It is very unlikely that most people will have the ability to tell difference between the PS4 and Xbox One versions especially if they are sitting more than a few feet away on a couch."

Right, for a game like this it'll be hard to tell while playing, but it's the fact that xboxone is not running a game like Trials fusion at 1080p when ps4 and xboxone both have x86 AMD APU at the heart of each

They might be both AMD APUs but they are not the same. Make no mistake the power difference IS there. It will not be going away, I expect once they grasp the advantages of GDDR5 on the ps4 the differences will be bigger and bigger.

That said does it really matter...I mean really.

Viet0ne posted...
The result of the low amount of ESRAM.

Game developers have already stated, there is not enough room for a 1080p frame buffer when using differed rendering. You have to use a mix of forward and differed to lower the amount of memory used. This requires significant optimization efforts.

So developers have two options when using newer rendering techniques. 1080p and spend lots of money on optimizations or drop resolution down to 900p because Xbox One owners are fine with it.
#4necro00Posted 4/11/2014 3:06:38 PM
Ryse looks better then any other next gen games, so numbers really dont matter
#5LEGEND_725Posted 4/11/2014 3:07:21 PM
necro00 posted...

This
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#6AzaneAzerPosted 4/11/2014 3:09:00 PM(edited)
dolabla posted...
What can Microsoft do to keep this from ever happening again? Is DX12 going to be powerful enough to make up the difference?

Release a system that isn't 30-40% effective graphic output to the competition, to where games need to keep getting downscaled to 2004 level resolutions.

The Xbox360 is more comparable to xbone than the competition at this point, and it's ridiculous.

necro00 posted...

Reassurance.
#7kennyynnooPosted 4/11/2014 3:10:46 PM
I will still say I can make a piece of poop 1080p next to a naked chick in 720p, which would you prefer? Exclusives for me are still better on x1 at this point no matter the resolution so far and the rest of the year looks to be the same.
---
Xbox one, PS3, Wii
Play for the games not the evil corporation, they're all evil in the end.
#8BaronVladzPosted 4/11/2014 3:12:29 PM
necro00 posted...

Pretty sure The Division developed using Ubisoft's Snowdrop engine is going to blow the doors off of Ryse and its skin-deep gameplay

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/19/ubisoft-shows-off-the-divisions-snowdrop-engine-in-new-trailer
#9LEGEND_725Posted 4/11/2014 3:13:27 PM
AzaneAzer posted...
dolabla posted...

Release a system that isn't 30-40% effective graphic output to the competition, to where games need to keep getting downscaled to 2004 level resolutions.

The Xbox360 is more comparable to xbone than the competition at this point, and it's ridiculous.

necro00 posted...

Reassurance.

^denial
---
#10xacebopPosted 4/11/2014 3:14:33 PM
The Xbox 360 and ps3 are the xbones competition. Ps4 has already set itself on a pedestal. If ms continues to sell around 65k xbone a week they won't even be caught up to current ps4 sales numbers by 2015.

Meanwhile the ps4 is selling 125k per week so that gap is only getting bigger