Why did you chose the Xbox brand initially ?

#101CrimsonCorpPosted 4/12/2014 10:16:11 AM
I was a pretty hardcore PS2 fan back in the day. I loved the exclusives and didn't think an Xbox was necessary. Slowly though, I became agitated at the fact that the multiplatform games on the PS2 were the weakest among the three consoles.

Finally I just got an Xbox forSplinter Cell Chaos Theory, and the rest is history. I really enjoyed Halo, but it was KOTOR that single handedly made the Xbox purchase worth it. A master piece of an RPG.

As for this past console gen, i've had my 360 for almost 8 years, vs my PS3's 3 years. So it's obvious which one I have the more extensive library with.

And now, while the PS4 certainly will have slightly better multiplats, I feel like I enjoy the Xbox ecosystem more. As well, as the memories. I'll probably stay with Xbox. If it wasn't for LIVE, my friend's lists and achievements/video game history, i'd probably would have gone with a PS4.
---
GT: Iron Primarch / PSN: Lost_Primarch
#102sanjeustPosted 4/12/2014 10:31:59 AM
The Xbox 360 was the cheaper way to play Star Wars: The Force Unleashed.
#103DarthUchiha91Posted 4/12/2014 10:34:48 AM
CrimsonCorp posted...
I was a pretty hardcore PS2 fan back in the day. I loved the exclusives and didn't think an Xbox was necessary. Slowly though, I became agitated at the fact that the multiplatform games on the PS2 were the weakest among the three consoles.

Finally I just got an Xbox forSplinter Cell Chaos Theory, and the rest is history. I really enjoyed Halo, but it was KOTOR that single handedly made the Xbox purchase worth it. A master piece of an RPG.

As for this past console gen, i've had my 360 for almost 8 years, vs my PS3's 3 years. So it's obvious which one I have the more extensive library with.

And now, while the PS4 certainly will have slightly better multiplats, I feel like I enjoy the Xbox ecosystem more. As well, as the memories. I'll probably stay with Xbox. If it wasn't for LIVE, my friend's lists and achievements/video game history, i'd probably would have gone with a PS4.

This is why I bought an Xbox.
---
I may not go down in history, but I will go downn on your sister.
#104gbaredwingsPosted 4/12/2014 10:41:00 AM
For the exclusive titles and my parents not buying a gaming pc. Morrowind is and will always be my favorite game of all time. Plus Halo, KOTOR and Fable.

360, I bought only because it had Oblivion first.

And bought my Xbone because most of my friends have one.
---
MEOW
#105SPARTAN_D7Posted 4/12/2014 10:41:23 AM
I was 17 and I couldn't afford a decent PC. Morrowind came out for the Xbox and I was ecstatic. Bought the system and Morrowind, got Halo with the system and never looked back.
---
Don't bro me if you don't know me.
#106mokmuudPosted 4/12/2014 10:45:30 AM
I try to own all the gaming handhelds and consoles because I love gaming.
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#107LyrmPosted 4/12/2014 10:53:15 AM
I never had an original xbox, but I played countless hours of Halo 2 at my friends' houses, playing online or system links, so naturally, I had to get a 360 for Halo 3. I got a One because the PS4 doesn't interest me with any of their exclusives so far.
#108ObligatoryFatePosted 4/12/2014 11:01:43 AM
gatman85 posted...
halo
Halo for XBox. Halo 3 for 360.

No plans to get XBone since no BC with my physical games.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#109P00DGEPosted 4/12/2014 11:26:48 AM
I can't speak for any of the consoles, because none of them have ever really had appealing exclusives, and consoles generally don't appeal to me much to begin with, but I chose the Xbox brand for controllers because the 360 controller is reasonably comfortable (it's no Gamecube controller, but still great), and has a ton of support for PC games, which is my only choice in systems for gaming.
#110lazycomplifePosted 4/12/2014 11:29:26 AM
I bought a 360 because it was cheaper and had cool titles like blue dragon, gears, and mass effect. Then my first console died and I had to get a new one. That's the first time I ever had a console die on me in my entire gaming life since the nes. Then they stopped releasing any good games at all after gears 3 and mass effect 3.
I'm very glad I also had a ps3, which I purchased a year after my 360.
---
GameFlux: Unofficial GameFAQs board browser