Why did you chose the Xbox brand initially ?

#121MOATS7798Posted 4/12/2014 6:18:46 PM
I got an original Xbox because if these things...

1. 4 Controller ports (No need for a $40 Multi-Tap)

2. Built-in HDD (No need for SEVERAL $40 Memory Cards)

3. The exclusives were "New" and seemed interesting enough
(DoA 3, PGR, Halo, NFL Fever 2002 and THPS 2x)

4. I preferred the Controller, natural progression from the Dreamcast's size/shape)

5. XBL, Dedicated servers, more games to play online, bundled MIC, ect.

6. Custom Soundtracks in games..ALL games.

7. Sony only had TXR0 and 3, and Smackdown HCTP That I felt, and still feel, are the only games worth it to me, I preferred the DC over the PS2, so I was more interested in new Hardware/better Exclusives instead of the same old stuff on the Sony consoles that were on the PSX and PS2.

Been a fan ever since, I still will choose Xbox over any Sony console, just how it is, it's what I prefer..I had a PS3, bought one game for it, only great exclusive (MLB The Show), have no interest in a PS4, all it has that interests me is...MLB The Show...
---
In all my years of gaming I've never walked into a store and purchased a game that I've wanted to play based on the resolution.
#122TenzhiPosted 4/13/2014 2:44:54 AM
The_Man_On_Fire posted...
the better controller....

The OXBOX's controller (not the Controller S) had the best size for me, but those buttons weren't flattened enough. Sometimes I thought I was gonna wear a hole in the bend of my thumb all the way through to the bone.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#123JeePeeDee_basicPosted 4/13/2014 6:32:13 AM
I bought the first Xbox and loved it, then I bought the 360 but I have mixed feelings about this system, mostly because all my 4 360's have problems (RRoD, DVD deive) but now, I love my X1. I like my console to be all in one ans I love watching Tv, youtube and browsing the net instantly and go back to my games. All the entertainment apps are well made made and I trust Microsoft more to bring update software on a regular basis.
#124loafy013Posted 4/13/2014 2:19:48 PM
When the 360 came out, I decided to bite the bullet and get an original Xbox because I knew the used price would let me get it cheap. There were a few games I was interested in (SvC:Chaos, Crazy Taxi 3, House of the Dead 3), but mostly because it was pretty simple to get a chip to run Mame with.
---
The ball is round, the game lasts 90 minutes. That's fact.
Everything else, is theory.