Why did you chose the Xbox brand initially ?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Why did you chose the Xbox brand initially ?
2 years ago#121
I got an original Xbox because if these things...

1. 4 Controller ports (No need for a $40 Multi-Tap)

2. Built-in HDD (No need for SEVERAL $40 Memory Cards)

3. The exclusives were "New" and seemed interesting enough
(DoA 3, PGR, Halo, NFL Fever 2002 and THPS 2x)

4. I preferred the Controller, natural progression from the Dreamcast's size/shape)

5. XBL, Dedicated servers, more games to play online, bundled MIC, ect.

6. Custom Soundtracks in games..ALL games.

7. Sony only had TXR0 and 3, and Smackdown HCTP That I felt, and still feel, are the only games worth it to me, I preferred the DC over the PS2, so I was more interested in new Hardware/better Exclusives instead of the same old stuff on the Sony consoles that were on the PSX and PS2.

Been a fan ever since, I still will choose Xbox over any Sony console, just how it is, it's what I prefer..I had a PS3, bought one game for it, only great exclusive (MLB The Show), have no interest in a PS4, all it has that interests me is...MLB The Show...
In all my years of gaming I've never walked into a store and purchased a game that I've wanted to play based on the resolution.
2 years ago#122
The_Man_On_Fire posted...
the better controller....

The OXBOX's controller (not the Controller S) had the best size for me, but those buttons weren't flattened enough. Sometimes I thought I was gonna wear a hole in the bend of my thumb all the way through to the bone.
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
2 years ago#123
I bought the first Xbox and loved it, then I bought the 360 but I have mixed feelings about this system, mostly because all my 4 360's have problems (RRoD, DVD deive) but now, I love my X1. I like my console to be all in one ans I love watching Tv, youtube and browsing the net instantly and go back to my games. All the entertainment apps are well made made and I trust Microsoft more to bring update software on a regular basis.
2 years ago#124
When the 360 came out, I decided to bite the bullet and get an original Xbox because I knew the used price would let me get it cheap. There were a few games I was interested in (SvC:Chaos, Crazy Taxi 3, House of the Dead 3), but mostly because it was pretty simple to get a chip to run Mame with.
The ball is round, the game lasts 90 minutes. That's fact.
Everything else, is theory.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Why did you chose the Xbox brand initially ?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived