Why did you chose the Xbox brand initially ?

#21ScymitePosted 4/11/2014 10:13:59 PM
I got the 360 in 2006 because my computer couldn't run Oblivion, and I somehow missed most of the Xbox/PS2/Gamecube generation. I went NES -> SNES -> N64 -> Dreamcast -> Xbox 360
---
"I always found it both amusing and oddly appropriate that the rhetoric of the Information Age ended up being so... binary." -- Time_pants
#22Combo626Posted 4/11/2014 10:22:16 PM
Because I can afford both so I have both.
---
PREPARE FOR BATTTTTLLEEEE! - Frieza/Shao Kahn
#23Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 4/11/2014 10:24:13 PM
I literally got an Xbox for the sole purpose of Halo after playing it at a friends house
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#24killerbasaPosted 4/11/2014 10:24:29 PM
When I was younger I had gotten a Gamecube, had fun with certain games and thought the console was great. My cousins had gotten an Xbox and I went over there to hang out. My cousin demoed Morrowind for me and I was blown away. Then when we started getting Halo games going with 16 people (The highlight of gaming for me, split screen 4 tv's and a bunch of kids at a house was so much fun back in the day) I had to go buy one.

I loved the Xbox so much at that point. Got the 360 a little after it was released and had a ton of fun with that console. I'm a big fan of Xbox Live and most of the people I know all had Xbox's. Also with so much familiarity with MS I think that is why have been an avid Xbox owner.

I love some titles that the PS consoles have and considered getting PS2/3 a few times. I don't hold a strong bias against Sony, just something about Xbox that has appealed to me more. I would love to have all gaming consoles if finances and time allowed.
#25Jedi454Posted 4/11/2014 10:28:23 PM
I got an Xbox because my Ps2 came with no games, no memory card and the original Xbox controller was more comfortable, so I made a switch to it. Haven't preferred Sony as my main gaming platform since Ps1.
---
Get Good Kid.
#26Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 4/11/2014 10:30:31 PM
Jedi454 posted...
I got an Xbox because my Ps2 came with no games, no memory card and the original Xbox controller was more comfortable, so I made a switch to it. Haven't preferred Sony as my main gaming platform since Ps1.

i disagree completely the launch Xbox controller was the most uncomfortable controller I had ever used. That thing was a tank
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#27elbarto1Posted 4/11/2014 10:35:53 PM
The duke was hard on the fingers.
The S was spot on.
---
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!
:XBL: THE B0DY :PSN: THE_BODY_ :NNID: The_B0DY
#28LostOdyssey17Posted 4/11/2014 10:40:34 PM
BruceLee1974 posted...
For me I've been a Xbox owner since when the first xbox came out, then I chose the 360 all because they were more powerful and I had a grudge against Sony.

But with this current Xbox I went with Sony because I now held a grudge with MS and plus they no longer had the more powerful console. I think if they had the more powerful console I would have went with them again. It's really a big shame they decided to go with Kinect instead for me anyway.

So what about you.

Not going with both is only hurting yourself.
---
I like to think I make some pretty good topics and posts, until they get modded shortly after.
#29Jedi454Posted 4/11/2014 10:40:57 PM
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
Jedi454 posted...

i disagree completely the launch Xbox controller was the most uncomfortable controller I had ever used. That thing was a tank

I'm not talking about the duke, i'm talking about the second model controller.
---
Get Good Kid.
#30UnhelpfulNPCPosted 4/11/2014 10:53:25 PM
Played Halo CE with my cousins at Thanksgiving dinner in 02 or 03 and decided to wait until there was another game or two I liked to get one.

Later on, one of my friends told me about a new Gaiden being made and it sold me on Xbox First.