Why did you chose the Xbox brand initially ?

#81mooreandrew58Posted 4/12/2014 6:32:45 AM
At first I thought the Xbox was going to die out quickly going against long time king of video games nintendo and the new juggernaut Sony, but after it held its own for a few years and kept hearing good things about it, I got one. Despite having less games on it than my PS2 and roughly the same of my gamecube I played it and gamecube more than the PS2. with that and the fact the Wii motes turned me off from the Wii I got a 360 the next gen (plus I do like the controllers more and It helped the 360 was cheaper than ps3) at the current moment i'm not ready to get a next gen system. Haven't seen anything that interests me outside of possibly Final Fantasy 15, and i'm not the type to buy a console for just one game.
---
Cid- "looks like that overgrown lobster just got served!" Bartz-"with cheese biscuts AND mashed potatoes!"
#82taxman25Posted 4/12/2014 6:42:56 AM
I got my original Xbox because of Morrowind. I got my 360 because of Oblivion, Gun, Lost Odyssey, Fable, Mass Effect, Halo. I got my Xbox One Because of Dead Rising 3, Witcher 3 & Dragon Age Inquisition.

I also have/had a PS1, PS2, PS3 which I have for Final Fantasy, MLB The Show, Legends of Dragoon, Uncharted.

I am not sure that I will be getting the PS4. (There is still a possibility that I might also get it.) As I have quite a backlog for the systems that I currently have and with the new games coming out for the systems I have. I'm not sure how much time I'll have to play.
#83SpikayaPosted 4/12/2014 6:48:28 AM
I've chosen the XBOX brand?

Huh.
---
Being the smartest person on GameFAQs would be like being the sanest person in a mental institution.
#84MrImpatient35Posted 4/12/2014 6:56:48 AM
The first time I bought an Xbox was when my PS2 died on me (DRE), so I wanted to try this new system that my friend keeps raving about. I tried it, along with Halo, and fell in love. I thought the controller was a lil big though. Ever since the original Xbox to now, they've consistently put out games that I'm interested in. The X360 controller was perfect! The X1 controller? Not so much.

Until they stop making games I wanna play, I'll be on the Xbox side.
---
FML
#85Zague77Posted 4/12/2014 7:07:44 AM
I got my first Xbox pretty much just for KoTOR. I played it for a bit on my rubbish old PC before the old girl just couldn't handle it, and Xbox was the only other format the game was available for. I had to carry on playing that game so got an Xbox - though I had already been considering it.

Haven't got either of the new consoles yet. I've barely played anything but PC Skyrim in months, and I don't see that changing for a while. If/when I do get one of them I'm unlikely to go for Xbox because of Kinect, but haven't decided yet.
---
"Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking..."
#86Juzten76Posted 4/12/2014 7:14:47 AM(edited)
Because when it came out I was single, living in my first apartment, had money to burn, so I bought all the consoles that generation.
#87SpideyknightPosted 4/12/2014 7:21:55 AM
It was new, from Microsoft and promised games.
---
For in much wisdom is much grief, and he that increaseth knowledge, increaseth sorrow.
#88h23456bcaPosted 4/12/2014 7:34:42 AM
It was a new console?
---
People say I'm no good, crazy as a loon.
'Cause I get stoned in the morning, and drunk in the afternoon.
#89dragoonslayer12Posted 4/12/2014 7:35:40 AM
I'm not a fan boy/loyalist. I go where the games are. That said, Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey are why I bought a 360. I don't like MS exclusives
---
I believe not in the fairy tales of man made truth
#90tr1besPosted 4/12/2014 7:47:42 AM
I don't like M$ b/c of QA and doesn't goes for gamers' want. I got the 1st xbox twice and both times, I trade it in b/c of games. Then I heard so many RROD on 360s that I drove toward Sony brand. I have been a Sony fan(all my systems including fat 60gb still works). I just got a 360 last Black Friday and I like the controller and exclusive titles. The majority of the games are for both ps3 and 360 but I usually buy it for ps3 b/c of resolution and I don't play online much. For this 8th gen, I would still consider ps4 and no matter what M$ do, I still don't trust them.