Did you know MS still owns 49% of Bungie?

#11Jedi454Posted 4/12/2014 6:56:50 AM
Horridhal posted...
Jedi454 posted...
Horridhal posted...
da_StoOge posted...
Horridhal posted...
Why does it matter? Owning 49% is effectively the same as owning none of it. When/if they ever get the majority then it would actually make an impact.

It means MS make money off of Destiny's PS4 sales.

Which won't affect anything in this gen in the slightest. It isn't like MS can make games exclusives or has any real power in the Bungie hierarchy, they are just a silent partner.

Which brings me back to my original question : Why does it matter?

It matters because Xbox gamers get the games Bungie make as well.

Destiny was never announced as a PS4 exclusive. Please try again.

I can't find the source friend, but I read it somewhere. I'll have to get back to you. It doesn't matter anyway, every gamer will be able to enjoy it now, except Nintendo gamers :/
---
Get Good Kid.
#12djwagonPosted 4/12/2014 7:05:40 AM
Horridhal posted...
Jedi454 posted...
Horridhal posted...
da_StoOge posted...
Horridhal posted...
Why does it matter? Owning 49% is effectively the same as owning none of it. When/if they ever get the majority then it would actually make an impact.

It means MS make money off of Destiny's PS4 sales.

Which won't affect anything in this gen in the slightest. It isn't like MS can make games exclusives or has any real power in the Bungie hierarchy, they are just a silent partner.

Which brings me back to my original question : Why does it matter?

It matters because Xbox gamers get the games Bungie make as well.

Destiny was never announced as a PS4 exclusive. Please try again.
here is what i found http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/xbox-will-not-be-getting-exclusive-content-for-des-29407636/
---
i was importer1 back in the days before this new name
when i post that is my view .so please understand that.it may not be correct or have a marking against it
#13StealthyVlad101Posted 4/12/2014 7:13:40 AM
Yeah, so it was never announced as a PS4 exclusive.
---
There are many worlds, but they all share the same sky, one sky one wish. GT and PSN: StealthyVlad
#14Xeeh_BitzPosted 4/12/2014 7:26:30 AM(edited)
Microsofts ownership ended 2007, it went LLC with a deal to publish, etc under Microsoft, but

Bungie is independently owned now

The contract between them apparently ended in 2010, since they're signing up with Activision for publishing for the next 10 years.

---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#15DarkAdonis123Posted 4/12/2014 8:44:56 AM
Bungie owns the controlling share of itself. So M$ has no say in anything.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#16Ironman06Posted 4/12/2014 9:11:19 AM
So Microsoft is going to make money for every PS4 copy of destiny sold. Nice!
---
"The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer." - Cunningham's Law
#17I-Love-PumpkinsPosted 4/12/2014 9:34:06 AM
Horridhal posted...
Why does it matter? Owning 49% is effectively the same as owning none of it.

You really thought about this 'point', typed it out, then pressed "POST."

Kids on Gamefaqs instead of doing their math homework.

smh
#18necro00Posted 4/12/2014 10:06:27 AM
Horridhal posted...

lol @ 49% meaning nothing. You dont know business and numbers do you? So you will let me take 49% of your income? Its nothing right
#19ArsenicSteelPosted 4/12/2014 10:13:53 AM
thegamer00 posted...
Didn't know that. its still minority ownership thus Bungie still has the final word.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bungie

That's not what that article says.
---
A heretic among heretics.
#20Xeeh_BitzPosted 4/12/2014 10:17:20 AM
necro00 posted...
Horridhal posted...

lol @ 49% meaning nothing. You dont know business and numbers do you? So you will let me take 49% of your income? Its nothing right

Microsoft doesn't take anything, there is no mention of the percent, tc just pulling numbers out the ass.. the deal was for microsoft to publish, etc.. its over now, Activision has the deal for 10 years now

Also

"Q: What are the financial implications for Microsoft? How much revenue will you lose?

Kim: We won’t lose any revenue. We’re going to continue to be the publisher of the Halo-related projects that Bungie is working on, and our intent is to continue to be their publisher in the future."

http://blog.seattlepi.com/microsoft/2007/10/05/bungie-going-independent-microsoft-confirms-update/
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant