Did you know MS still owns 49% of Bungie?

#21Xeeh_BitzPosted 4/12/2014 9:18:26 AM
INB4 other BS

Let's just think about this for a second, if Microsoft whom is a publisher owned any stake of the company, why in the f*** would they sign a 10 year publishing deal with Activision?
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#22kcypher2000Posted 4/12/2014 10:29:25 AM
Horridhal posted...
Why does it matter? Owning 49% is effectively the same as owning none of it. When/if they ever get the majority then it would actually make an impact.

Shows how little you know about business kiddo. You can get control of a company with much less than 49%. Seriously, get an education.
#23chubbychaserPosted 4/12/2014 10:29:54 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#24thegamer00(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2014 11:34:06 AM
Incredible denial that's going on by Sony fanboys. So sad.
#25ArsenicSteelPosted 4/12/2014 11:45:59 AM
chubbychaser posted...
Microsoft probably going to use their influence to dumb down destiny on ps4 and pc so that the game wont look very bad on the xbone.

Minority interest doesn't have that kind of influence.
---
A heretic among heretics.
#26ninja_starXPosted 4/12/2014 12:12:05 PM
It's strange how microsoft owns almost half the company and yet the ps4 version will still be superior and with extra content.
#27ArsenicSteelPosted 4/12/2014 12:21:05 PM
ninja_starX posted...
It's strange how microsoft owns almost half the company and yet the ps4 version will still be superior and with extra content.

Clearly there's some reading comprehension fail going on. MS doesn't own 49% of Bungie. They have minority interest, which is not the same as saying as saying they have 49% of it.

Damn.
---
A heretic among heretics.
#28Jedi454Posted 4/12/2014 1:01:35 PM
ninja_starX posted...

Extra content? No. Timed exclusive content? Yes.

Superior version? Grow up kid.
---
Get Good Kid.
#29HorridhalPosted 4/12/2014 2:51:12 PM
I-Love-Pumpkins posted...
Horridhal posted...
Why does it matter? Owning 49% is effectively the same as owning none of it.

You really thought about this 'point', typed it out, then pressed "POST."

Kids on Gamefaqs instead of doing their math homework.

smh

kcypher2000 posted...
Horridhal posted...
Why does it matter? Owning 49% is effectively the same as owning none of it. When/if they ever get the majority then it would actually make an impact.

Shows how little you know about business kiddo. You can get control of a company with much less than 49%. Seriously, get an education.

To the both of you let me use an example to explain it since you seem to be missing the point:

Pretend we have a company together. I own 49% of controlling stock and you own 51%. That means that any decision made is ultimately your decision and, even if I disagreed, you'd still be free to supersede any veto power I had because you own more of te company than I do.

It is idiotic to pretend 49% gets you anything other than dividends and a seat at the table.

Also, link proving this that isn't Wikipedia?
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#30TheCyborgNinjaPosted 4/12/2014 2:56:04 PM
MS makes money off Destiny sales on Playstation consoles
Sony makes money off Blu-Ray drives in Xbox One consoles.

It's happening.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo