Exclusives on XB1: What makes people believe MS will actually follow through?

#1BBQMooseheadPosted 4/12/2014 10:39:45 AM
On 360, the last exclusive MS came out with was in 2010, Alan Wake. Since then the 360 was all dried up for exclusives. Thats why so many people bought PS3s in the ladder half of last gen.

Now, all of a sudden MS wants everyone to believe that theyre going to turn the corner and put out some serious exclusives. But my question is, what makes people believe them so easily that they will actually follow through? For the past 4 years, MS has been all talk...but they never walk the walk.

Convince me what MS has actually done recently to make the average gamer believe them?
#2Big FanPosted 4/12/2014 10:45:22 AM
Gears would like a word with you. Plus Xbox One already has some exclusives. I'm sure there are plenty more to come
---
GT: Code XxX
Miami Dolphins
#3extankerPosted 4/12/2014 10:48:04 AM(edited)
What's the point of convincing you when you don't even know what you're talking about?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_game_exclusives_(seventh_generation)

There were plenty more good exclusives after Alan Wake.
#4L4YER_CAKEPosted 4/12/2014 10:51:40 AM
bwahahaha...ahh.

Gears.
---
Braid. Save the princess. Contemplate the world. Save yourself.
#5axelfooley2k5Posted 4/12/2014 10:52:56 AM
i think that because they are in a marathon against an opponent who has a 2 hour head start they will be forced to pump out the exclusives

i dont see them abandoning.......i see them being forced to put more effort in so that they stay relevant against sony

i know all about their history and not caring at the end
hope they are forced to do more than a few exclusives

should have never put effort into kinect 2.0 and nuads
---
Congrats Colbert!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oASYa-Wkroc
#6Gadoken22Posted 4/12/2014 10:52:59 AM
Big Fan posted...
Gears would like a word with you. Plus Xbox One already has some exclusives. I'm sure there are plenty more to come

I think he means the number of exclusives rather than having 'An' exclusive. Both the first Xbox and the 360 died slow deaths whereas the competitors have long legs.

If TC's theory is correct, he thinks Xbox One will stop getting support around 2016 (3rd year is when exclusives stop for an MS platform)
#7GuiltySoul2005Posted 4/12/2014 11:03:32 AM(edited)
extanker posted...
What's the point of convincing you when you don't even know what you're talking about?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_game_exclusives_(seventh_generation)

There were plenty more good exclusives after Alan Wake.

I only glanced over the list, but I didn't see anything with a 2013 release date, and less than 5 games with a 2012 release date. Wtf were you trying to prove with this?

Edit:

Country Dance All Stars
Dance Central 3
Forza Horizon
Halo 4
Harry Potter for Kinect
Some Kinect Junk
Some starwars kinect junk
NBA Baller Beats
Nike+ Kinect Training
Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor

State of Decay (video game)

Fable: Anniversary

so 4 decent exclusives in 3 years. Yeah M$ are freaking awesome
---
PSN: Bigboss-x
#8Big FanPosted 4/12/2014 11:00:00 AM
Gadoken22 posted...
Big Fan posted...

I think he means the number of exclusives rather than having 'An' exclusive. Both the first Xbox and the 360 died slow deaths whereas the competitors have long legs.

If TC's theory is correct, he thinks Xbox One will stop getting support around 2016 (3rd year is when exclusives stop for an MS platform)

I'm sure that's what he meant, but he stated Alan Wake was the last when Gears 3 and Judgement both came out after.
---
GT: Code XxX
Miami Dolphins
#9KolanifvPosted 4/12/2014 11:02:51 AM
I think he's meaning first party, in-house exclusives. Microsoft didn't own the Gears IP yet when 3 and Judgement came out.
#10extankerPosted 4/12/2014 11:15:29 AM
Kolanifv posted...
I think he's meaning first party, in-house exclusives. Microsoft didn't own the Gears IP yet when 3 and Judgement came out.

He'd still be wrong since they own Forza and Halo.