Exclusives on XB1: What makes people believe MS will actually follow through?

#11kcypher2000Posted 4/12/2014 10:24:28 AM
BBQMoosehead posted...
On 360, the last exclusive MS came out with was in 2010, Alan Wake. Since then the 360 was all dried up for exclusives. Thats why so many people bought PS3s in the ladder half of last gen.

Now, all of a sudden MS wants everyone to believe that theyre going to turn the corner and put out some serious exclusives. But my question is, what makes people believe them so easily that they will actually follow through? For the past 4 years, MS has been all talk...but they never walk the walk.

Convince me what MS has actually done recently to make the average gamer believe them?

Gears, Forza, Halo 4 and countless indie games that didn't count prove you wrong.

Question is when will Sony fans stop waiting for greatness and get games.
#12GuiltySoul2005Posted 4/12/2014 10:32:13 AM
kcypher2000 posted...
BBQMoosehead posted...
On 360, the last exclusive MS came out with was in 2010, Alan Wake. Since then the 360 was all dried up for exclusives. Thats why so many people bought PS3s in the ladder half of last gen.

Now, all of a sudden MS wants everyone to believe that theyre going to turn the corner and put out some serious exclusives. But my question is, what makes people believe them so easily that they will actually follow through? For the past 4 years, MS has been all talk...but they never walk the walk.

Convince me what MS has actually done recently to make the average gamer believe them?

Gears, Forza, Halo 4 and countless indie games that didn't count prove you wrong.

Sony fans have been playing the best of the best for 3 generations now, nothing will change in the 4th. On the other hand M$ have shown nothing but a disconnect from what gamers want, 180s and crappy hardware. Seems like a good time to be a Sony fan.
---
PSN: Bigboss-x
#13rell84Posted 4/12/2014 10:53:09 AM
every thing changed on feb 20 2013 LOL
#14rell84Posted 4/12/2014 10:53:43 AM
microsoft and exclusives LOL
#15LEGEND_725Posted 4/12/2014 10:55:24 AM
GuiltySoul2005 posted...
kcypher2000 posted...
BBQMoosehead posted...

Sony fans have been playing the best of the best for 3 generations now, nothing will change in the 4th. On the other hand M$ have shown nothing but a disconnect from what gamers want, 180s and crappy hardware. Seems like a good time to be a Sony fan.

PSN: Bigboss-x
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#16necro00Posted 4/12/2014 10:58:20 AM
Halo 4 and gears didn't come out?
#17Shinobi120Posted 4/12/2014 11:00:56 AM
Gadoken22 posted...
I think he means the number of exclusives rather than having 'An' exclusive. Both the first Xbox and the 360 died slow deaths whereas the competitors have long legs.

If TC's theory is correct, he thinks Xbox One will stop getting support around 2016 (3rd year is when exclusives stop for an MS platform)

This. Microsoft aren't exactly committed towards long-term support of 1st party games like Xbox fanboys think that they are.
#18billOrileyPosted 4/12/2014 11:06:11 AM
well they better follow through with their exclusives since 3rd party games are running better on the ps4. They gotta release exclusives to stay somewhat relevant, just like sony did in the ps3 games when the multiplats were superior on the 360.
#19josh924Posted 4/12/2014 11:10:38 AM
Gadoken22 posted...
Big Fan posted...
Gears would like a word with you. Plus Xbox One already has some exclusives. I'm sure there are plenty more to come

I think he means the number of exclusives rather than having 'An' exclusive. Both the first Xbox and the 360 died slow deaths whereas the competitors have long legs.

The 360 died? That's news to me. Also, there was literally no reason for MS to continue supporting the original Xbox, seeing as how they couldn't keep manufacturing them due to a legal dispute between Nvidia and MS.
---
I like how the GameFAQs spellcheck shows that the word "Wii" is fine, but the words "Xbox" and "Kinect" show up as typos.
#20Shinobi120Posted 4/12/2014 11:13:48 AM
^He was referring to long-term 1st party support.