Exclusives on XB1: What makes people believe MS will actually follow through?

#21TheArcadePosted 4/12/2014 12:17:57 PM
Gadoken22 posted...
Big Fan posted...
Gears would like a word with you. Plus Xbox One already has some exclusives. I'm sure there are plenty more to come

I think he means the number of exclusives rather than having 'An' exclusive. Both the first Xbox and the 360 died slow deaths whereas the competitors have long legs.

If TC's theory is correct, he thinks Xbox One will stop getting support around 2016 (3rd year is when exclusives stop for an MS platform)

My 360 is alive and well, the hell are you talking about? A system can't be dead if it isn't discontinued.
---
Greatest Shows of All Time.
Avatar: The Last Airbender, SWAT Kats, Sailor Moon, Tetsuwan Atom 2K3, Transformers, Spiderfriends
#22GuiltySoul2005Posted 4/12/2014 12:18:14 PM
LEGEND_725 posted...
GuiltySoul2005 posted...
kcypher2000 posted...
BBQMoosehead posted...
On 360, the last exclusive MS came out with was in 2010, Alan Wake. Since then the 360 was all dried up for exclusives. Thats why so many people bought PS3s in the ladder half of last gen.

Now, all of a sudden MS wants everyone to believe that theyre going to turn the corner and put out some serious exclusives. But my question is, what makes people believe them so easily that they will actually follow through? For the past 4 years, MS has been all talk...but they never walk the walk.

Convince me what MS has actually done recently to make the average gamer believe them?

Gears, Forza, Halo 4 and countless indie games that didn't count prove you wrong.

Question is when will Sony fans stop waiting for greatness and get games.

Sony fans have been playing the best of the best for 3 generations now, nothing will change in the 4th. On the other hand M$ have shown nothing but a disconnect from what gamers want, 180s and crappy hardware. Seems like a good time to be a Sony fan.

PSN: Bigboss-x

---
#23extankerPosted 4/12/2014 12:20:57 PM
GuiltySoul2005 posted...
extanker posted...
What's the point of convincing you when you don't even know what you're talking about?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_game_exclusives_(seventh_generation)

There were plenty more good exclusives after Alan Wake.

I only glanced over the list, but I didn't see anything with a 2013 release date, and less than 5 games with a 2012 release date. Wtf were you trying to prove with this?

Exactly what I said. That there were plenty more exclusives after Alan Wake. And I proved it.
#24GuiltySoul2005Posted 4/12/2014 12:23:22 PM
extanker posted...
GuiltySoul2005 posted...
extanker posted...
What's the point of convincing you when you don't even know what you're talking about?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_game_exclusives_(seventh_generation)

I only glanced over the list, but I didn't see anything with a 2013 release date, and less than 5 games with a 2012 release date. Wtf were you trying to prove with this?

Exactly what I said. That there were plenty more exclusives after Alan Wake. And I proved it.

4 or 5 arguably worthwhile worthwhile exclusives in 3 years doesn't exactly help your case. If anything it proves the opposite. Why don't you go take a look at how the ps3 did?
---
#25jellybeanmasterPosted 4/12/2014 12:25:24 PM
TC your absolutely right and people dont seem to notice that about the 360. Thing is MS does thr bare minimum to please consumers. Im guessing that drought was to entice ppl more to buy x1 when it drops. Plus they were on top making bank off CoD and multiplats

but the reason they will make games is because 1. Its their new console so they have to support it.
2. They see the comp is all about games and catering to the audience that made them successful and etc and putting them on top so they have to match that

its why they promoted phil spencer
---
PSN:ProdijusX, GT:BUMBA CLAWT,
#26GuiltySoul2005Posted 4/12/2014 12:29:54 PM
jellybeanmaster posted...
TC your absolutely right and people dont seem to notice that about the 360. Thing is MS does thr bare minimum to please consumers. Im guessing that drought was to entice ppl more to buy x1 when it drops. Plus they were on top making bank off CoD and multiplats

but the reason they will make games is because 1. Its their new console so they have to support it.
2. They see the comp is all about games and catering to the audience that made them successful and etc and putting them on top so they have to match that

its why they promoted phil spencer

But what good is that when support turns minimal half way through the consoles life cycle. I think this is the point op is trying to make. Xbone is already a pretty poor GAMES console, its going to be even worse a few years down the road if history repeats itself.
---
#27extankerPosted 4/12/2014 12:33:33 PM(edited)
GuiltySoul2005 posted...
extanker posted...
GuiltySoul2005 posted...
extanker posted...

4 or 5 arguably worthwhile worthwhile exclusives in 3 years doesn't exactly help your case. If anything it proves the opposite. Why don't you go take a look at how the ps3 did?

I'm sorry, I never said anything about the PS3. I never said they didn't have a lot of good exclusives. I was only correcting the TC who was completely wrong in his claim that 2010 was the last time the 360 had an exclusive. Also funny how your list also only started in 2012. Missing a couple years there I think.

I'm not arguing PS3 vs 360, you are. I owned both and don't need to reassure myself because I got to play the best of both systems. Just like I will be able to with the PS4 and One, because I'm a gamer, not a fanboy. If your looking for fanboy arguments from me, keep looking.
#28Laylow12Posted 4/12/2014 12:31:37 PM
Look at this list. See all those exclusive KINECT games! Impressive. Microsoft did abandon the 360 halfway through the cycle while Sony continued to deliver AAA titles.

http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/850/3994/original.jpg

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#29Laylow12Posted 4/12/2014 12:32:56 PM
extanker posted...
GuiltySoul2005 posted...
extanker posted...
GuiltySoul2005 posted...
extanker posted...

I'm sorry, I never said anything about the PS3. I never said they didn't have a lot of good exclusives. I was only correcting the TC who was completely wrong in his claim that 2010 was the last time the 360 had an exclusive. Also funny how your list also only started in 2012. Missing a couple years there I think.

I'm not arguing PS3 vs 360, you are. I owned both and don't need to reassure myself because I got to play the best of both systems. Just like I will be able to with the PS4 and One, because I'm a gamer, not a fanboy. If your looking for fanboy arguments from me, keep looking.

The TC is correct, you are wrong.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#30extankerPosted 4/12/2014 12:37:54 PM
Laylow12 posted...
TC is correct, you are wrong.

Hmmm that's funny. I see some exclusives there for the xbox 360. I believe the TC said there were none after 2010. Which makes me still right, him wrong and you possibly on drugs.