Exclusives on XB1: What makes people believe MS will actually follow through?

#31GuiltySoul2005Posted 4/12/2014 12:44:46 PM(edited)
extanker posted...
GuiltySoul2005 posted...
extanker posted...
GuiltySoul2005 posted...
extanker posted...
What's the point of convincing you when you don't even know what you're talking about?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_game_exclusives_(seventh_generation)

There were plenty more good exclusives after Alan Wake.

I only glanced over the list, but I didn't see anything with a 2013 release date, and less than 5 games with a 2012 release date. Wtf were you trying to prove with this?

Exactly what I said. That there were plenty more exclusives after Alan Wake. And I proved it.

4 or 5 arguably worthwhile worthwhile exclusives in 3 years doesn't exactly help your case. If anything it proves the opposite. Why don't you go take a look at how the ps3 did?

I'm sorry, I never said anything about the PS3. I never said they didn't have a lot of good exclusives. I was only correcting the TC who was completely wrong in his claim that 2010 was the last time the 360 had an exclusive. Also funny how your list also only started in 2012. Missing a couple years there I think.

I'm not arguing PS3 vs 360, you are. I owned both and don't need to reassure myself because I got to play the best of both systems. Just like I will be able to with the PS4 and One, because I'm a gamer, not a fanboy. If your looking for fanboy arguments from me, keep looking.

You're correct, I apologise, I misread the op and didn't realise you were simply disputing that ZERO exclusives were released since 2010. My mistake.

Just for the record I also own both ps3 and 360, but my point stands that support for the 360 tapered off drastically towards the end of its life cycle, whereas ps3 did not.

And yes my list is missing some years, but THAT list shows just how drastic ms pulled support for its console.
---
PSN: Bigboss-x
#32LEGEND_725Posted 4/12/2014 12:44:06 PM
Even if 360 just had forza, gears, and halo that would have curb stomped all of ps3s exclusive lineup last gen so uhhhh?
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#33Reece504Posted 4/12/2014 12:44:16 PM
Laylow12 posted...
Look at this list. See all those exclusive KINECT games! Impressive. Microsoft did abandon the 360 halfway through the cycle while Sony continued to deliver AAA titles.

http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/850/3994/original.jpg

Sony fans love to cling to that list which isn't accurate and it's from 2010-2013 if you count from when both consoles were release to later on you will notice 360 has more exclusives than ps3

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Xbox_360-only_games

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:PlayStation_3-only_games

Not to mention IMO they just have better franchises left 4 dead, halo, gears, forza, mass effect started on it, bioshock started on it, ps3 has uncharted, grand turismo, killzone, infamous, now compare these and see which ones are played more which series sell more etc etc
---
PSN:Knickyknucklez 360:Kn1ckyknucklez Wii-U:KnickyKnucklez
#34Shinobi120Posted 4/12/2014 12:44:54 PM
extanker posted...
Laylow12 posted...
TC is correct, you are wrong.

Hmmm that's funny. I see some exclusives there for the xbox 360. I believe the TC said there were none after 2010. Which makes me still right, him wrong and you possibly on drugs.

LMAO...you sure aren't getting it.
#35FenriswolfPosted 4/12/2014 12:44:57 PM
extanker posted...
Laylow12 posted...
TC is correct, you are wrong.

Hmmm that's funny. I see some exclusives there for the xbox 360. I believe the TC said there were none after 2010. Which makes me still right, him wrong and you possibly on drugs.

It's a BS list. I love how it retroactively crossed out some games like Fable 3, Alan Wake, and Splinter Cell Conviction which were ported to PC long after the fact, yet counts the yearly MLB games, PS All Stars, Modnation Racers etc as PS3 exclusives. Oh half of the list consists of shovelware NIS animu games.
---
Hello
#36FenriswolfPosted 4/12/2014 12:49:05 PM
GuiltySoul2005 posted...
kcypher2000 posted...
BBQMoosehead posted...
On 360, the last exclusive MS came out with was in 2010, Alan Wake. Since then the 360 was all dried up for exclusives. Thats why so many people bought PS3s in the ladder half of last gen.

Now, all of a sudden MS wants everyone to believe that theyre going to turn the corner and put out some serious exclusives. But my question is, what makes people believe them so easily that they will actually follow through? For the past 4 years, MS has been all talk...but they never walk the walk.

Convince me what MS has actually done recently to make the average gamer believe them?

Gears, Forza, Halo 4 and countless indie games that didn't count prove you wrong.

Question is when will Sony fans stop waiting for greatness and get games.

Sony fans have been playing the best of the best for 3 generations now, nothing will change in the 4th. On the other hand M$ have shown nothing but a disconnect from what gamers want, 180s and crappy hardware. Seems like a good time to be a Sony fan.

LMAO, like how $ony did when they abandoned the Sixaxis shortly after launch and fired Kutaragi? Or having PS2s launch with half of the consoles unable to read discs, which $ony charges a premium to fix? Or the PSP which got slaughtered by the NDS, and now is suffering the same fate with Vita. Selective memory is selective.
---
Hello
#37leatheljPosted 4/12/2014 12:53:27 PM
Because so far imo they offer better exclusives I have and still do play my 360 and it's exclusives while less then sony they are all better haveing he most dosent make it the best I also believe Microsoft will continue to bring good exclusives I think they are different plus I don't hold pity grudges all company's mess up I'm not gonna let bitterness keep me from good games but we won't know until 3 years pass I am more worry about sony fluffing to much indie not enough AAA either way I will own both I will a
Always win.
---
Every one has there own opinions unless theirs is stupid.
#38extankerPosted 4/12/2014 12:58:27 PM(edited)
GuiltySoul2005 posted...
extanker posted...
I'm sorry, I never said anything about the PS3. I never said they didn't have a lot of good exclusives. I was only correcting the TC who was completely wrong in his claim that 2010 was the last time the 360 had an exclusive. Also funny how your list also only started in 2012. Missing a couple years there I think.

I'm not arguing PS3 vs 360, you are. I owned both and don't need to reassure myself because I got to play the best of both systems. Just like I will be able to with the PS4 and One, because I'm a gamer, not a fanboy. If your looking for fanboy arguments from me, keep looking.

You're correct, I apologise, I misread the op and didn't realise you were simply disputing that ZERO exclusives were released since 2010. My mistake.

Just for the record I also own both ps3 and 360, but my point stands that support for the 360 tapered off drastically towards the end of its life cycle, whereas ps3 did not.

And yes my list is missing some years, but THAT list shows just how drastic ms pulled support for its console.

No worries. Thanks for understanding my point. A lot of people fail at reading comprehension around here.

Had the TC left out the blatantly incorrect info, it could be a valid concern. I personally don't agree with it because the few good exclusives that did come out were from some of my favorite series (Halo, Gears and Forza).

While the PS3 did have a lot more good exclusives, they had their fair share of crap too. Also what defines a 'good' exclusive is subjective since I only liked about an equal number of PS3 exclusives as I did on 360.
#39GuiltySoul2005Posted 4/12/2014 12:57:13 PM
Fenriswolf posted...
GuiltySoul2005 posted...
kcypher2000 posted...
BBQMoosehead posted...
On 360, the last exclusive MS came out with was in 2010, Alan Wake. Since then the 360 was all dried up for exclusives. Thats why so many people bought PS3s in the ladder half of last gen.

Now, all of a sudden MS wants everyone to believe that theyre going to turn the corner and put out some serious exclusives. But my question is, what makes people believe them so easily that they will actually follow through? For the past 4 years, MS has been all talk...but they never walk the walk.

Convince me what MS has actually done recently to make the average gamer believe them?

Gears, Forza, Halo 4 and countless indie games that didn't count prove you wrong.

Sony fans have been playing the best of the best for 3 generations now, nothing will change in the 4th. On the other hand M$ have shown nothing but a disconnect from what gamers want, 180s and crappy hardware. Seems like a good time to be a Sony fan.

LMAO, like how $ony did when they abandoned the Sixaxis shortly after launch and fired Kutaragi? Or having PS2s launch with half of the consoles unable to read discs, which $ony charges a premium to fix? Or the PSP which got slaughtered by the NDS, and now is suffering the same fate with Vita. Selective memory is selective.

Let me put it in simpler terms for you. Ps1 won gen 5, ps2 won gen 6, ps3 won gen 7. Ps4 will win gen 8. GG thanks for playing. No rematch.
---
PSN: Bigboss-x
#40FenriswolfPosted 4/12/2014 12:58:07 PM
GuiltySoul2005 posted...
Fenriswolf posted...
GuiltySoul2005 posted...
kcypher2000 posted...
BBQMoosehead posted...

Let me put it in simpler terms for you. Ps1 won gen 5, ps2 won gen 6, ps3 won gen 7. Ps4 will win gen 8. GG thanks for playing. No rematch.

Last time I checked, the Wii won gen 7. Try again.
---
Hello