Exclusives on XB1: What makes people believe MS will actually follow through?

#41GuiltySoul2005Posted 4/12/2014 12:01:02 PM
extanker posted...
GuiltySoul2005 posted...
extanker posted...
I'm sorry, I never said anything about the PS3. I never said they didn't have a lot of good exclusives. I was only correcting the TC who was completely wrong in his claim that 2010 was the last time the 360 had an exclusive. Also funny how your list also only started in 2012. Missing a couple years there I think.

I'm not arguing PS3 vs 360, you are. I owned both and don't need to reassure myself because I got to play the best of both systems. Just like I will be able to with the PS4 and One, because I'm a gamer, not a fanboy. If your looking for fanboy arguments from me, keep looking.

You're correct, I apologise, I misread the op and didn't realise you were simply disputing that ZERO exclusives were released since 2010. My mistake.

Just for the record I also own both ps3 and 360, but my point stands that support for the 360 tapered off drastically towards the end of its life cycle, whereas ps3 did not.

And yes my list is missing some years, but THAT list shows just how drastic ms pulled support for its console.

No worries. Thanks for understanding my point. A lot of people fail at reading comprehension around here.

Had the TC left out the blatantly incorrect info, it could be a valid concern. I personally don't agree with it because the few good exclusives that did come out were from some of my favorite series (Halo, Gears and Forza). While the PS3 did have a lot more good exclusives, they had their fair share of crap too.

That's a fair point you make re ps3s exclusives. I was more affected by ms lack of exclusives outside of those big 3 as I never got into forza, and I felt halo and gears declined in quality to the point I never bothered picking up gears 3 and halo 4. However on ps4, I felt the good exclusives were more varied in genre and I always had something to play.
---
PSN: Bigboss-x
#42FenriswolfPosted 4/12/2014 12:08:13 PM
GuiltySoul2005 posted...
extanker posted...
GuiltySoul2005 posted...
extanker posted...
I'm sorry, I never said anything about the PS3. I never said they didn't have a lot of good exclusives. I was only correcting the TC who was completely wrong in his claim that 2010 was the last time the 360 had an exclusive. Also funny how your list also only started in 2012. Missing a couple years there I think.

I'm not arguing PS3 vs 360, you are. I owned both and don't need to reassure myself because I got to play the best of both systems. Just like I will be able to with the PS4 and One, because I'm a gamer, not a fanboy. If your looking for fanboy arguments from me, keep looking.

You're correct, I apologise, I misread the op and didn't realise you were simply disputing that ZERO exclusives were released since 2010. My mistake.

Just for the record I also own both ps3 and 360, but my point stands that support for the 360 tapered off drastically towards the end of its life cycle, whereas ps3 did not.

And yes my list is missing some years, but THAT list shows just how drastic ms pulled support for its console.

No worries. Thanks for understanding my point. A lot of people fail at reading comprehension around here.

Had the TC left out the blatantly incorrect info, it could be a valid concern. I personally don't agree with it because the few good exclusives that did come out were from some of my favorite series (Halo, Gears and Forza). While the PS3 did have a lot more good exclusives, they had their fair share of crap too.

That's a fair point you make re ps3s exclusives. I was more affected by ms lack of exclusives outside of those big 3 as I never got into forza, and I felt halo and gears declined in quality to the point I never bothered picking up gears 3 and halo 4. However on ps4, I felt the good exclusives were more varied in genre and I always had something to play.

Bashes Gears 3 and Halo 4 for being rehashes yet praises Infamous 3 and Killzone 4. Hypocrisy much?
---
Hello
#43GuiltySoul2005Posted 4/12/2014 12:36:20 PM
Fenriswolf posted...
GuiltySoul2005 posted...
extanker posted...
GuiltySoul2005 posted...
extanker posted...

Bashes Gears 3 and Halo 4 for being rehashes yet praises Infamous 3 and Killzone 4. Hypocrisy much?

Read much? I didnt mention infamous or killzone, and I didn't bash gears or halo, I said I felt they declined in quality, halo 2 is my all time favourite multiplayer game, halo 4 is like a cruel joke in comparison. Gears was mediocre but fun, but after 2 it didnt offer me anything worth going back for.

I'm sorry that you can't handle an opinion that differs from yours, but since that's what makes you a xbot, its not surprising really.
---
PSN: Bigboss-x
#44HENTAIDOJIPosted 4/12/2014 12:53:53 PM
There's an amass of reasons

In no particular order

* Sony going bankrupt
* There's already as many exclusive Kinect *only* retail Xbox One games as there are PS4 retail exclusives total this year
* MS has 22 internal studios (with " a couple unannounced" per Phil Spencer) vs Sonys miniscule 13, some of which are undergoing "restructuring"
* In addition MS has publishing deals with Crytek, Capcom, Playground Games, Insomniac Games, the mysterious Japanese exclusive developer and Remedy vs. Sony with just Ready at Dawn for the first 12 months of these consoles.

Fenriswolf posted...
extanker posted...
Laylow12 posted...
TC is correct, you are wrong.

http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/850/3994/original.jpg

Hmmm that's funny. I see some exclusives there for the xbox 360. I believe the TC said there were none after 2010. Which makes me still right, him wrong and you possibly on drugs.

It's a BS list. I love how it retroactively crossed out some games like Fable 3, Alan Wake, and Splinter Cell Conviction which were ported to PC long after the fact, yet counts the yearly MLB games, PS All Stars, Modnation Racers etc as PS3 exclusives. Oh half of the list consists of shovelware NIS animu games.

Yep. Updated for today.

http://s28.postimg.org/8kzpsxpz1/Exclusives_PS360.jpg

Potentially the PS3 column could disappear with Playstation Now porting all the exclusives to Android. Do i even need a PS4 if Sony is porting games to smart devices?
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#45kzmanrulesPosted 4/12/2014 1:03:14 PM
Seriously you actually took out the MLB the show as multi plat guess what it's not and vita don't matter. But nice try troll boy Hen.
#46billOrileyPosted 4/12/2014 1:05:30 PM
HENTAIDOJI posted...
There's an amass of reasons

In no particular order

* Sony going bankrupt
* There's already as many exclusive Kinect *only* retail Xbox One games as there are PS4 retail exclusives total this year
* MS has 22 internal studios (with " a couple unannounced" per Phil Spencer) vs Sonys miniscule 13, some of which are undergoing "restructuring"
* In addition MS has publishing deals with Crytek, Capcom, Playground Games, Insomniac Games, the mysterious Japanese exclusive developer and Remedy vs. Sony with just Ready at Dawn for the first 12 months of these consoles.

Fenriswolf posted...
extanker posted...
Laylow12 posted...
TC is correct, you are wrong.

http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/850/3994/original.jpg

Hmmm that's funny. I see some exclusives there for the xbox 360. I believe the TC said there were none after 2010. Which makes me still right, him wrong and you possibly on drugs.

It's a BS list. I love how it retroactively crossed out some games like Fable 3, Alan Wake, and Splinter Cell Conviction which were ported to PC long after the fact, yet counts the yearly MLB games, PS All Stars, Modnation Racers etc as PS3 exclusives. Oh half of the list consists of shovelware NIS animu games.

Yep. Updated for today.

http://s28.postimg.org/8kzpsxpz1/Exclusives_PS360.jpg

Potentially the PS3 column could disappear with Playstation Now porting all the exclusives to Android. Do i even need a PS4 if Sony is porting games to smart devices?

this is the biggest strawman argument i've ever read on gf.
#47Juzten76Posted 4/12/2014 1:06:00 PM
I appreciate the concern from the ponies, but you guys seem to be overthinking things. Why so insecure?
#48axelfooley2k5Posted 4/12/2014 1:13:16 PM
HENTAIDOJI........wow

you are dedicated
you need to be paid
---
Congrats Colbert!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oASYa-Wkroc
#49HENTAIDOJIPosted 4/12/2014 1:17:20 PM
axelfooley2k5 posted...
HENTAIDOJI........wow

you are dedicated
you need to be paid

I get paid by the hour. $34 and 13 cents.

It took 35 minutes.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#50kzmanrulesPosted 4/12/2014 1:19:04 PM
You don't deserve to make that much and your boss should fire you in a heart beat. Troll boy.