Do you think Destiny will kill Halo?

#41chex81Posted 4/16/2014 7:53:41 AM
No...because the general consumer will have no idea what Destiny is other than its a new game, as oppose to Halo which is considered a top tier, established franchise...that I couldn't care less about (havent played Halo since #3)
---
XB1/WiiU: chex81
soundcloud.com/purple_i
#42Hierarchy225Posted 4/16/2014 8:02:52 AM(edited)
Destiny is quite possibly the only game that I'm excited about this year.

Plus its coming out on my birthday so thats an added bonus.

Can't wait till the beta.

Tyronelio1 posted...
Wasn't kill zone supposed to be the halo killer, that went well for Sony.

Nothing will kill halo just like nothing will kill cod.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bungie is capable of killing their own creation. Especially since 343 basically turned Halo into a COD ripoff.

geodANGER posted...
lol kill the best series ever made.

plus it has 2 tv shows behind it and halo 4 was one of the best games I have ever played.

I am really biased tho

Couldn't have figured that out.. Also lol at using tv as a reason why this series is "good".
#43skermacPosted 4/16/2014 7:57:53 AM
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
Halo killed Halo.

/topic

This^ After 4 I don't think many are looking forward to 5, except casuals that have never played a Halo game. Only cod lovers like 4 because that's all it was.
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#44BSerenityPosted 4/16/2014 8:01:41 AM(edited)
Halo 4 was the breaking point for a lot of fans of the series. Halo 4 sold very well because of name. It's name didn't save it from also being the first Halo in the series to have the biggest fallout in terms of player retention.

Destiny will not kill Halo. 343 will do that. I am hoping to see a much better Halo 5 in regards to it's MP next year. I will give 343 another shot at it.
---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.
#45Viper187666Posted 4/20/2014 4:15:48 PM
Better question: Do you think the Destiny beta will EVER happen!? :(
---
I refuse to buy XB1 until it's sold without Kinect. No, I'm not a Sony fanboy. See? http://viper.shadowflareindustries.com/images/myroom/DSCN0220.JPG
#46TheCyborgNinjaPosted 4/20/2014 4:24:36 PM
History shows us that a game cannot kill another game directly. Failure occurs when one kills itself by not keeping up with changing demands. For lack of a better example coming to mind, Call of Duty didn't kill Medal of Honor. Medal of Honor just got stagnant. Oh, the irony...
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#47Kovalchuk_Posted 4/20/2014 4:31:17 PM
This is the worst topic ever.
---
3754-7115-0719
#48iBlackice25Posted 4/23/2014 2:51:21 PM
For all the people saying Reach and 4 killed Halo, I honestly don't think Reach was a part of the destruction of Halo. I know a lot of competitive gamers, including myself, didn't really feel the competitiveness that Halo 3 had, but Reach was still a very fun game to play imo. 4 was just completely dead in every aspect. Campaign, Multiplayer, and that god awful Spartan Ops. The game would have been much better if they would have kept Firefight. It didn't even feel like a Halo game, just COD with aliens and different guns. But while I believe Halo is killing itself, it will always sell because of how popular the series is.

So no, Destiny won't kill Halo. Halo will kill Halo.
---
GT: DarknessSniperX/PSN: sky_Pharaoh
dustloop: Legion13/Steam: sky_Pharaoh
#49Jiggy101011Posted 4/23/2014 3:03:19 PM
a_fartn_Spartan posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
Yeah...no. Halo 4 was the highest selling game in the series.

Destiny will be good, but it appeals more to the Borderlands/MMO-type fans. It isn't an arena shooter.

Yeah...about that. You know how everyone thought the Wii would be so cool, and everyone got it? Only to find out that it...well basically sucked? That's what Halo for was, for me, as a long-time Halo fan. If Halo 5 sells well, I think it'll only be because Xbox One owners don't really have much other options. Though I guess they'll be plenty of multiplatforms it has to compete with, if not any exclusives.

So Halo 4 only sold as well because everyone loved Reach, and Halo 5 will only sell well because a limited library. I wonder what the excuse will be for Halo 6 selling well.
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
Currently Playing: Beyond: Two Souls, GTA V, Titanfall