While Sony Celebrates 'Infamous' Sales, Microsoft/EA Still Quiet About 'Titanfal

#1blk911Posted 4/12/2014 9:54:00 AM
Paul Tassi: "Sony took to their PlayStation blog yesterday to congratulate Sucker Punch for Infamous: Second Son racking up a million copies sold just nine days after launch. While itís no earth-shattering COD or GTA total, those numbers are quite good, and definitely the best in the seriesí history.

The news got me thinking about the fate of the other big next-gen launch title released within the past month, Titanfall. How has the game sold since its much-anticipated launch?"

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/04/11/while-sony-celebrates-infamous-sales-microsoftea-still-quiet-about-titanfall/
#2Private_NoobPosted 4/12/2014 9:55:29 AM
titainfail probably sold half as much...
That's why there is so much radio silence.
---
Oh no! Private_Noob posted!
I'm the noobiest noob you'll ever see!
#3GuiltySoul2005Posted 4/12/2014 9:56:32 AM
Congrats to Sony and Sucker Punch. Greatness has arrived.
---
PSN: Bigboss-x
#4CyberEvilPosted 4/12/2014 10:19:15 AM
A large amount of Titanfall purchases, especially on PC but also Xbox One (I personally did) are digital. Those numbers are very rarely released. They may also have been waiting for numbers from the 360 version to announce anything. No point to announce a million copies of a game that was as hyped as it was. Probably will announce at 2 million plus.
---
Live: CyberEvil
PSN: CyberEvil-PSN
#5darkphiresagePosted 4/12/2014 10:22:57 AM
I'm sure TF broke a milli. It's on 2 systems, soon to be 3 and the X1 version supposedly sold more than pc no? That being said, infamous was never a huge series, but I'm still surprised that it's never broken a mill. TF, on the other hand, was supposed to be really big. I'd be really surprised if it didn't outsell infamous.

I'm not giving forbes clicks. >_>
---
"Dat b**** crazy."
"Ya, b****** be trippin." - every guy ever and his best friend at some point in life.
#6anthony2690Posted 4/12/2014 10:24:50 AM
Titanfall sold 902k on Xbox one in the first week, and around 200k on pc on the first week.
I don't get why people care so much.
#7chubbychaserPosted 4/12/2014 10:26:12 AM
titanfall is a failure and considering the money microsoft have spent to buy the game exclusive, and the fund for ads to hype the game, microsoft probably very bitter now. In other words, nothing to celebrate for.

on top of that now they are forced to slash the price for xbone shrinking the possible revenue generated by console sales and at the same time risking retaliation from early adaptor.

Even after the price cut the sales still meh. That say alot.
---
aaaHAA!! X800 XT PE
#8OkayPlayer1Posted 4/12/2014 10:34:59 AM
It's funny that you posted that article as seemingly negative, especially as Forbes is a very respectable source. From the article...

"I canít imagine itís sold poorly, and itís certainly outsold Infamous."

"Perhaps theyíve found themselves in a Tomb Raider sold-millions-but-still-not-a-success trap which is an unfortunate byproduct of the massively expensive AAA game era."

"Titanfall has likely sold at least double Infamousí 1M, but thereís been no official announcement to say thatís the case."
#9TPZmikezPosted 4/12/2014 10:43:12 AM
What exactly do you get out of trolling, TC?
---
You down with O.P.P?
People that answered correctly: 46
#10Shinobi120Posted 4/12/2014 10:44:28 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]