While Sony Celebrates 'Infamous' Sales, Microsoft/EA Still Quiet About 'Titanfal

#131HyzinBurgPosted 4/23/2014 7:17:57 PM
blacklabelice posted...
LEGEND_725 posted...
For infamous selling 1 mil is a big deal.... That's nothing to titanfall I'm sure ms and respawn are lolling hard at Sony and infamous

no doubt. especially since titanfall is dropping on 3 platforms

youd wonder why theyre too ashamed to disclose how many copies were SOLD. (not shipped, or given away for free in the xbone bundles) for the actual xbox one itself.

i think their confidence level is lacking. sony has no problem gloating over how many of their consoles were bought up by the consumers, meanwhile just the other day we get to hear major nelson blabbing on about how many millions of xbones are still on shelves. wow thats great, youre really good at putting products on shelves for the customers to look at. that means nothing. if they dont sell, the retailer wont order more.

when the 360 was ousting the ps3 in every single category, you got to hear all about it. you know damn well if anything was actually selling well for the bone, microsoft would be telling you all about it.

instead, we get to hear about how many xbones get shipped to retailers, and how many copies of titanfall were shipped for PC & the bone to make the numbers like truly bigger than they already are.

come on man youre a well known fanboy over here. im sure youd have something to say on this matter. you like them numbers and digits and crap. why does microsoft have such a hard time admitting actual figures? could they be a little worried about competition or coming up short perhaps?

1 million in 7 days is pretty good for infamous, a game that sony didnt spend anywhere near as much time trying to market and overhype the hell out of like microsoft did to titanfall. hiding a bunch of PC sales behind your numbers, and giving away your #1 game of the year for free in a bundle doesnt really indicate that the game was worth its weight in gold, let alone be an actual system seller.

its kind of hard to deem your product as a success when youre that dodgy. what do they have to worry about? maybe after they drop kinect, and put out another bundle with more games and the price slashed for like the 5th time to finally get people to buy it, they can herp their derp about how much of a success their product is and not be afraid to give out simple numbers to the people who ask,

Such Truth. Much Fact.
---
The Xbox One board: Where people with different opinions are Sony Fanboys.
#132Ryan-06Posted 4/23/2014 7:20:35 PM
http://i.imgur.com/28z6mLE.gif
---
chart: http://ow.ly/uuJ6g
chocolate: http://ow.ly/t0gvj, http://ow.ly/t0g1Y
#133orestes1981Posted 4/23/2014 7:23:20 PM
LEGEND_725 posted...
For infamous selling 1 mil is a big deal.... That's nothing to titanfall I'm sure ms and respawn are lolling hard at Sony and infamous

Especially with their 5 million SHIPPED vs 7 million SOLD
---
Cappin' thine enemy is not exactly something Jesus would do, it's what Suge Knight would do.
-Bill Maher
#134orestes1981Posted 4/23/2014 7:26:50 PM
kyncani posted...
mikel93 posted...
HENTAIDOJI posted...
Thoughtz?

Despite strong sales, Titanfall didn't do what people hoped for... to save the Xbox One...

True that. I had some hope the Xbox One could maybe just maybe somehow barely reach the PS4 level of success, if only for a moment, just in the US even.

To no avail, sadly.

Halo 5 may manage such a feat in 2015.

No, the PS4 will always have the lead. It is just getting bigger and bigger. Halo 5 may or may not cause an increase is console sales, or it will be too little too late.

2016---Xbox Two
---
Cappin' thine enemy is not exactly something Jesus would do, it's what Suge Knight would do.
-Bill Maher
#135MuryoPosted 4/23/2014 7:30:26 PM
blacklabelice posted...
LEGEND_725 posted...

no doubt. especially since titanfall is dropping on 3 platforms

youd wonder why theyre too ashamed to disclose how many copies were SOLD. (not shipped, or given away for free in the xbone bundles) for the actual xbox one itself.

i think their confidence level is lacking. sony has no problem gloating over how many of their consoles were bought up by the consumers, meanwhile just the other day we get to hear major nelson blabbing on about how many millions of xbones are still on shelves. wow thats great, youre really good at putting products on shelves for the customers to look at. that means nothing. if they dont sell, the retailer wont order more.

when the 360 was ousting the ps3 in every single category, you got to hear all about it. you know damn well if anything was actually selling well for the bone, microsoft would be telling you all about it.

instead, we get to hear about how many xbones get shipped to retailers, and how many copies of titanfall were shipped for PC & the bone to make the numbers like truly bigger than they already are.

come on man youre a well known fanboy over here. im sure youd have something to say on this matter. you like them numbers and digits and crap. why does microsoft have such a hard time admitting actual figures? could they be a little worried about competition or coming up short perhaps?

1 million in 7 days is pretty good for infamous, a game that sony didnt spend anywhere near as much time trying to market and overhype the hell out of like microsoft did to titanfall. hiding a bunch of PC sales behind your numbers, and giving away your #1 game of the year for free in a bundle doesnt really indicate that the game was worth its weight in gold, let alone be an actual system seller.

its kind of hard to deem your product as a success when youre that dodgy. what do they have to worry about? maybe after they drop kinect, and put out another bundle with more games and the price slashed for like the 5th time to finally get people to buy it, they can herp their derp about how much of a success their product is and not be afraid to give out simple numbers to the people who ask,

Stop clobbering the xbots with irrefutable facts and logic!!! you're going to make them weep! ;(
---
Miiverse: Muryoken
PSN: Muryoken
#136LaManoNeraIIPosted 4/23/2014 8:34:58 PM
http://news.xbox.com/2014/04/xbox-one-march-npd
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#137SparkItUpPosted 4/23/2014 8:39:24 PM
Sixxx posted...
I could care less about sales I platinumed Infamous 2nd son in under 10 hours. The sidemissions werent fun and a waste of time main story was pretty good though. It took me longer to 1000 lego marvel. Ive been back to titanfall for awhile wish there was some sort of multiplayer to keep me going back to Infamous.

Just how much less could you care?

Why do people find it so hard to use this phrase correctly?
#138PlzstopflamingPosted 4/23/2014 8:39:54 PM
You guys act as if Sony didn't do the same thing with the PS3 last launch and got mopped up and down in sales. It went from 700 to 150 over the course of its lifetime to sell where it is now. Microsoft is pushing kinect as hard as Sony pushed backwards compatibility. This isn't new. Both have made mistakes and paid for it at both launches.
#139TheGam3925Posted 4/23/2014 9:25:52 PM
SparkItUp posted...
Sixxx posted...
I could care less about sales I platinumed Infamous 2nd son in under 10 hours. The sidemissions werent fun and a waste of time main story was pretty good though. It took me longer to 1000 lego marvel. Ive been back to titanfall for awhile wish there was some sort of multiplayer to keep me going back to Infamous.

Just how much less could you care?

Why do people find it so hard to use this phrase correctly?

Thank you language guardian.
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
#140HyzinBurgPosted 4/23/2014 10:27:23 PM
Plzstopflaming posted...
You guys act as if Sony didn't do the same thing with the PS3 last launch and got mopped up and down in sales. It went from 700 to 150 over the course of its lifetime to sell where it is now. Microsoft is pushing kinect as hard as Sony pushed backwards compatibility. This isn't new. Both have made mistakes and paid for it at both launches.

Backwards Compatibility > Kinect
---
The Xbox One board: Where people with different opinions are Sony Fanboys.