Wait, so there's a Halo 2 Anniversary coming out?

#1a_fartn_SpartanPosted 4/12/2014 12:03:15 PM(edited)
If they bring back the old multiplayer, then I'm going to have a seriously difficult time deciding which next-gen console to get this year. And I HAVE to get one of them for Evolve, the Left 4 Dead developer's new game coming out. I thought PS4 had my number. It's cheaper, supposedly more powerful, they made their controller significantly better (but still not as good as X1 IMO), and had Last of Us plus a few other exclusives (but no must-haves IMO).

For me, the return of Halo 2's (and Halo 3's) online for next gen would be a must-have game. Halo's glory days have been gone ever since Reach (or you might even say ODST). I know some of you probably don't agree, but it's been at least 5 years since I've played long session of some good ol' Halo 3. 5 years is a long time! CoD was in it's glory years (though you could argue they passed them) 5 years ago! Add this to some other exclusives (none are really must-haves IMO), the possibility of a lower price for Black Friday, a superior controller IMO, and essentially turning any TV into a Smart TV with voice commands, and now you have a pretty hard decision on your hands! They only way this choice is gonna be easy is if one of my roommates gets a PS4. Then I'd definitely get an X1.

Hopefully 343 (or whoever's developing it) doesn't screw up the online. I could care less about the story because I still have the original, but they took down the servers so you can't play online anymore (if you didn't know that already). And if they don't make the full game with the same online, at least make a retro playlist with the same rules like they did for the first Anniversary IIRC.
---
Battletoads, Killer Instinct, GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, Jet Force Gemini, DK Country, Diddy Racing, Banjo, Conker.
Rare, you will be missed.
#2dnmtPosted 4/12/2014 12:24:32 PM
Your must-have game of the year is an HD port of a ten year old game? OK then.
#3crynryanPosted 4/12/2014 12:33:29 PM
The 1st game didn't have any online anything (except on PC), so they didn't have anything they could port/remaster when creating the 1st game's remaster. The 2nd game had an online mode, which gives them something to port.

IIRC, they also said that if they were to do a remaster, they would be hurting themselves by not porting the multiplayer from the original.
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
#4a_fartn_Spartan(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2014 12:34:58 PM
Well, it's the return of the most fun multiplayer experience I've ever had. So yeah, I really would love to play that with my roommates. And I didn't even know any of them 2 years ago, so it'd be a old, nostalgic experience with new friends. Just because it's been done before doesn't mean the experience can't be fun. Look at how much people love CoD...
---
Battletoads, Killer Instinct, GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, Jet Force Gemini, DK Country, Diddy Racing, Banjo, Conker.
#5necro00Posted 4/12/2014 1:50:41 PM
dnmt posted...
Your must-have game of the year is an HD port of a ten year old game? OK then.

the must have game of the ps4 is a remaster of a digital movie game that came out less then 2 years ago
#6gobuffalo30Posted 4/12/2014 2:00:43 PM
I can understand a game coming out that's close to a year old, not a game that's several years old.
#7extankerPosted 4/12/2014 2:06:15 PM
gobuffalo30 posted...
I can understand a game coming out that's close to a year old, not a game that's several years old.

So wait a second... You're ok with resources being spent to update a recent game that still looks impressive by current gen standards, but you don't get why anyone would want an update of an old game with outdated graphics from 2 generations ago... Ok.
#8a_fartn_Spartan(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2014 2:11:49 PM
extanker posted...
gobuffalo30 posted...

So wait a second... You're ok with resources being spent to update a recent game that still looks impressive by current gen standards, but you don't get why anyone would want an update of an old game with outdated graphics from 2 generations ago... Ok.

I agree. The only purpose Last of Us Remastered should have is for people who had a 360 last gen (and not a PS3) that are getting a PS4 this gen. A remake of a 10-year-old game has much more broad appeal. I'd call you an idiot if you actually pay $30+ dollars for nothing more than a graphical update. Unless they add all the DLC or do something where there is noticeable extra content.
---
#9gobuffalo30Posted 4/12/2014 2:12:00 PM
extanker posted...
gobuffalo30 posted...

Well one isn't a year old and a lot of people went over to the PS. The circumstances are different between the two.
#10BilliePilgrimPosted 4/12/2014 2:33:52 PM
extanker posted...
looks impressive by current gen standards

No.

No...
---
i5 2500k @ 4.4| Corsair H60 | EVGA GTX 670 | MSI P67A-GD55 | 8GB DDR3 1600 | Fractal Design Define XL | 750W PSU
http://i.imgur.com/9bAOZZq.jpg